New web-site for the German charts - Archive and Current

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

 

Postby Passing_Strang » Sun May 13, 2018 11:27 pm

vdoerken wrote:you won't get German charts before 1977 through Offizielle Charts.
Well, that I didn't know. But I'm a New Wave guy anyway, 1977 is my Year Zero, so for me it's not a big deal.

vdoerken wrote:There is no peak or number of weeks. Or do you have a different format - then let me know.
Hmmm: https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/ ... 0167600000 (random date) Peak and number of weeks are present and correct. The layout looks good to me, too - not at all confusing.

And no, there's no problem for me at all - strange how people get so touchy when asked simple questions. Some here even moan about "hostility" or "negativity" - where exactly? Weird reactions. Anyway, I may wish you good luck, it's just that I don't see that unique element that I look for in such things. Others may think otherwise.
Passing_Strang
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005
Location: Russia

Postby vdoerken » Mon May 14, 2018 4:09 am

Passing_Strang wrote:
vdoerken wrote:you won't get German charts before 1977 through Offizielle Charts.
Well, that I didn't know. But I'm a New Wave guy anyway, 1977 is my Year Zero, so for me it's not a big deal.

vdoerken wrote:There is no peak or number of weeks. Or do you have a different format - then let me know.
Hmmm: https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/ ... 0167600000 (random date) Peak and number of weeks are present and correct. The layout looks good to me, too - not at all confusing.

And no, there's no problem for me at all - strange how people get so touchy when asked simple questions. Some here even moan about "hostility" or "negativity" - where exactly? Weird reactions. Anyway, I may wish you good luck, it's just that I don't see that unique element that I look for in such things. Others may think otherwise.
You are right - as long as you only want to see it on the display, they offer everything you need. But as soon as you want to save the results as a pdf-file for your archive it really does not work well.

And if you are a chart-collector you have to start in the 1950ies and not in 1977.

You asked a simple question in the first posting and I gave you the reasons for my website and the advantages when using it.

So let's come to the end: If you only want to have a look at certain charts, Offizielle Charts is a good way to get the information. If you are a chart-collector and need tons of information my site may be the better solution. :wink:

Have a nice day!
Volker
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby vdoerken » Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 am

Hi from Germany:

I have just added the German Charts-History XXL with all the weekly positions in the Single-Charts (1971-2018).

Have a look: http://www.hits-100.de

Volker
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby monzo » Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am

vdoerken wrote:I have just added the German Charts-History XXL with all the weekly positions in the Single-Charts (1971-2018).
Just saw it, looks very good! Great work, Volker!
monzo
Groupie
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008

Postby huhu78 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Volker, you do a great job. Don't take this grumbler(s) serious. Statements like "1977 is my year Zero" = "I decide when history started" are so ludicrous in this matter and unmask him as clueless.
User avatar
huhu78
Groupie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010

Postby vdoerken » Fri May 25, 2018 1:27 pm

I have just added the chart-run for the album-charts starting in 1979. Youl'll find it in the Chart-History XXL-section.

The charts before 1971 (singles) and 1979 (album) will be added soon.

Enjoy it!

http://www.hits-100.de
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby vdoerken » Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 pm

I have added today 40 (!) new artists with their chart-history.

I'm sure there is something for everyone.

Take a look!

http://www.hits-100.de
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby monzo » Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Thank you very much for your newest additions, Volker!

It's great to have Kylie's complete chart runs as a birthday present for her big day tomorrow :D
monzo
Groupie
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008

Postby vdoerken » Sun May 27, 2018 5:04 pm

monzo wrote:Thank you very much for your newest additions, Volker!

It's great to have Kylie's complete chart runs as a birthday present for her big day tomorrow :D
You're welcome. If you have any other artist you would like to see - let me know.
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby Chartaholic » Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 am

vdoerken wrote:
monzo wrote:Thank you very much for your newest additions, Volker!

It's great to have Kylie's complete chart runs as a birthday present for her big day tomorrow :D
You're welcome. If you have any other artist you would like to see - let me know.
Just a general chart question. Not after a chsrt run.

Has there been a hugely successful German band on the charts, who then had a member go solo and have a huge chart career. For example in the US a comparison would be Diana Ross / Supremes or a McCartney / Beatles type situation.

Just curious if such a German Act exists.
Chartaholic
Groupie
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017

Postby vdoerken » Mon May 28, 2018 5:10 am

Hi,
I will think about it. Good question.
Do you accept "Nena", which was a successful Band in the beginning and afterwards "only" one woman.
Or Ich & Ich as a duo and Adel Tawil as a solo-artist. I know that another league than the Beatles or the Supremes.
I will put this question on my website - maybe other users have more examples.
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby monzo » Mon May 28, 2018 7:32 am

vdoerken wrote:
monzo wrote:Thank you very much for your newest additions, Volker!
You're welcome. If you have any other artist you would like to see - let me know.
There are many artists, but I really like to know how Stock Aitken Waterman artists were doing back then, but since they are not popular anymore I'll wait until you have time to add them... Anyway, your site is a great reminder that Mariah Carey was never big in Germany until "Without You", same with Celine Dion and "My Heart Will Go On".
monzo
Groupie
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008

Postby vdoerken » Mon May 28, 2018 7:49 am

monzo wrote:
vdoerken wrote:
monzo wrote:Thank you very much for your newest additions, Volker!
You're welcome. If you have any other artist you would like to see - let me know.
There are many artists, but I really like to know how Stock Aitken Waterman artists were doing back then, but since they are not popular anymore I'll wait until you have time to add them... Anyway, your site is a great reminder that Mariah Carey was never big in Germany until "Without You", same with Celine Dion and "My Heart Will Go On".
The SAW-artists were not so successful here in Germany as they were in the UK. So the list would be incomplete. But I'm creating also a "global chart-history" for all results from Germany, UK and the US. This will be more interesting for you.
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby huhu78 » Mon May 28, 2018 5:22 pm

vdoerken wrote:Hi,
I will think about it. Good question.
Do you accept "Nena", which was a successful Band in the beginning and afterwards "only" one woman.
Or Ich & Ich as a duo and Adel Tawil as a solo-artist. I know that another league than the Beatles or the Supremes.
I will put this question on my website - maybe other users have more examples.
Peter Fox / Seeed
Jan Delay / (Absolute) Beginner
and of course Die Flippers / Olaf Malolepski :lol:

but they're very small in comparison to the mentioned international artists
User avatar
huhu78
Groupie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010

Postby Chartaholic » Mon May 28, 2018 8:33 pm

huhu78 wrote:
vdoerken wrote:Hi,
I will think about it. Good question.
Do you accept "Nena", which was a successful Band in the beginning and afterwards "only" one woman.
Or Ich & Ich as a duo and Adel Tawil as a solo-artist. I know that another league than the Beatles or the Supremes.
I will put this question on my website - maybe other users have more examples.
Peter Fox / Seeed
Jan Delay / (Absolute) Beginner
and of course Die Flippers / Olaf Malolepski :lol:

but they're very small in comparison to the mentioned international artists
Thank you both for some names.

It was a tricky question to ask. I didn’t want to ask for a list of group members that went solo, as that’s probably a long list. So I thought I would ask for the biggest examples.

The reason why I was curious is as I go through the weekly charts, it would be nice to recognize some big solo acts that I had seen chart as bands. But the German acts are all new and I don’t know the members :)
Chartaholic
Groupie
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017

Postby josecharts » Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi Volker, I sent you a PM :)
User avatar
josecharts
Manager
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004
Location: Lima, Peru

Postby monzo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:54 am

Hi Volker,

when you're back from your summer holiday you can check Bild's list of biggest summer hits in Germany for the past 50 years: https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhalt ... .bild.html

I guess there are a lot of mistakes in that list. For example: Was Inner Circle's "Sweat" really number 1 for 20 weeks in 1995? And "Despacito" only 11 weeks last year? I can't stand those fake news in magazines, because mot readers are not used to chart history and just believe it :evil:

Most years the biggest hit of the summer is a song that stayed on top for many weeks, but there are some years when for Bild a song reaching just a top ten position is summer's biggest hit. What were the real summer hits those years when Bild announces other songs:

1980: Disco #2
1986: Venus #2
1987: La Bamba #7
1988: Yeke Yeke #2 - As far as I remember Im Nin Alu kept Yeke Yeke from the top, right?
1997: Samba De Janeiro #2
2003: Ab in den Süden #2

Bild mentioned that in 1976 Bellamy Brothers' "Let Your Love Flow" was succeeded by it's German cover "Ein Bett im Kornfeld" by Jürgen Drews after five weeks on top. Drews was number 1 for six weeks... Is this true? I didn't know that. Is this the only time when a cover knocked the original version from the top spot?
monzo
Groupie
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008

Postby vdoerken » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:37 am

I here a few infos for you from Bavaria:

Inner Circle was # 1 for 12 wks, Despacito for 17 wks,

The problem could be that there is no concrete definition what a summer-hit means - only chart success? I have no access to the BILD list at the moment, so maybe I can give my comments in a week or so,

The info about 1976 (Bellamy Brothers, Jürgen Drews) is correct. There is at least one more incident: In 1980 Santa Maria (I think it was Italian) was #1 for 6 wks by Olivier Onions and then (same title) for 5 wks in German by Roland Kaiser.

BTW: Jürgen Drews was a member of the very successful Les Humpries Singers and personally had a #79-hit in 1980/81 in the US-Hot-100 under the name of J,D,Drews.
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby monzo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:50 am

vdoerken wrote: The info about 1976 (Bellamy Brothers, Jürgen Drews) is correct. There is at least one more incident: In 1980 Santa Maria (I think it was Italian) was #1 for 6 wks by Olivier Onions and then (same title) for 5 wks in German by Roland Kaiser.
Thanks for your quick reply, Volker! Didn't know about Santa Maria either, that's very interesting!

There is also a 4-site-article of summer hits in today's BamS magazine, that's where I read it, but they also put it online. Maybe you discover a BamS copy anywhere near you today and take a look inside. I guess you'll discover more chart mistakes than I did :wink:

Keep on enjoying your vacation :D
monzo
Groupie
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008

Postby vdoerken » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 am

Hi,

the problem is: I will not spend any money to buy a BILD-Zeitung (or BamS). It's just a horrible magazine with a lot of wrong or fake-news. I tried the online-access and should pay for it. Maybe I will find it elsewhere.

Volker
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Postby vdoerken » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 am

Another turn-over in 1981:

Electronicas with "Dance little Bird" (instrumental) for 8 weeks followed by

Fred Sonnenschein & Seine Freunde (aka Frank Zander) with the German novelty version "Ja wenn wir alle Englein waeren" (4 weeks)

You can find interesting videos concerning the German charts on the websites from AREmrys, Some Random Guy and ChartExpress.

It is also possible to reach them via my website http://www.hits-100.de

Have a try!
Volker
User avatar
vdoerken
Roadie
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

Return to Chart Analysis