Platinum Albums in Spain (1979-2006)

Moderators: AutomaticBR, kingofskiffle, Wayne, arab

 

Postby davidalic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:26 pm

Mansave wrote:Hi! David,Do You have the complete Singles Chart data from 1989; I remember "Like A Prayer" by Madonna, "Lambada" By Kaoma, "The Look" by Roxette, "Baby Don't Forget My Number" By Milli Vanilli peaking at number one,Am I correct?....Do you have all 1989 Singles Number Ones?...By the way do you have the name of an all spanish girl group who had a Hit in 1989 in the Singles Chart with "Tomorrow (Mañana)"....can you find it. They were on the charts in 1989.Please help me.
Thanks from Málaga
Of course I have; all of them were #1s; I didn´t find that song you´re asking; I have no idea who those girls are; maybe they charted in "Los 40 principales" radio chart, but not the sales chart (it was just a top 20).I´ll search in my books in case I find something.
These were the #1s in 1989:
7-1-89:Nothing´s gonna change my love for you (Glenn Medeiros) /+2wks/
Smooth criminal (Michael Jackson)/5/
Kiss (The Art of noise feat. Tom Jones)/1/
Real gone kid (Deacon blue)/3/
Like a prayer (Madonna)/9/
She drives me crazy (Fine young cannibals)/1/
Ibiza (Amnesia)/2/
Mas y mas (La Union)/1/
Ibiza (Amnesia)/+2/
The look (Roxette)/8/
Lambada (Kaoma)/13/
Swing the mood (Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers)/2/
That´s what I like (Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers)/1/
Pump up the jam (Technotronic)/2/
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:53 pm

davidalic wrote:
Mansave wrote:Hi! David,Do You have the complete Singles Chart data from 1989; I remember "Like A Prayer" by Madonna, "Lambada" By Kaoma, "The Look" by Roxette, "Baby Don't Forget My Number" By Milli Vanilli peaking at number one,Am I correct?....Do you have all 1989 Singles Number Ones?...By the way do you have the name of an all spanish girl group who had a Hit in 1989 in the Singles Chart with "Tomorrow (Mañana)"....can you find it. They were on the charts in 1989.Please help me.
Thanks from Málaga
Of course I have; all of them were #1s; I didn´t find that song you´re asking; I have no idea who those girls are; maybe they charted in "Los 40 principales" radio chart, but not the sales chart (it was just a top 20).I´ll search in my books in case I find something.
These were the #1s in 1989:
7-1-89:Nothing´s gonna change my love for you (Glenn Medeiros) /+2wks/
Smooth criminal (Michael Jackson)/5/
Kiss (The Art of noise feat. Tom Jones)/1/
Real gone kid (Deacon blue)/3/
Like a prayer (Madonna)/9/
She drives me crazy (Fine young cannibals)/1/
Ibiza (Amnesia)/2/
Mas y mas (La Union)/1/
Ibiza (Amnesia)/+2/
The look (Roxette)/8/
Lambada (Kaoma)/13/
Swing the mood (Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers)/2/
That´s what I like (Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers)/1/
Pump up the jam (Technotronic)/2/
:o Glenn Medeiros was #1 during 1 week, Fine Young Cannibals during 2 weeks, Technotronic was 3 weeks at #1, etc.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:53 pm

Ok, let´s see:
First of all, I don´t use the date the book does; the book uses "monday", the first day of the week, but I use "saturday", as the Uk, and the US, the saturday just after the chart is published (wednesday).I´ve done this in that way for every year.
Glenn Medeiros spent 7 weeks at #1 from the weekendig december 3rd 1988; so the last 2 weeks were in 1989.
Fine young cannibals spent 1 only week at #1, not 2.I don´t have the book now to check it but I have more sources (weekly charts).
Technotronic spent 8 weeks at #1, the first two in 1989 counting weekendings; if you count from monday they are 3.
I prefer the weekending date; it´s always been that way.
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby Mansave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:38 pm

I remember that there were 2 all girl spanish groups that charted in Spanish Singles Chart in 1989, one was Objetivo Birmania's "Los Amigos De Mis Amigas Son Mis Amigos" hitting the Number One in "Los 40 Principales" and I think they made into the Top 5 in the Singles Sales Chart,and the other was this 3 girls who sung in english "Tomorrow (Mañana)"....The chorus said "Love me today not tomorrow..."...by the way I remember that their record company was Polygram,but I can't remember their name... :(
David do you have also data from 1988,I remember Sinitta had a Big Hit in Spain with G.T.O.,number 1 in "Los 40 Principales" and number 2? in Singles Chart.
User avatar
Mansave
Groupie
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006
Location: Málaga, Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:13 pm

davidalic wrote:Ok, let´s see:
First of all, I don´t use the date the book does; the book uses "monday", the first day of the week, but I use "saturday", as the Uk, and the US, the saturday just after the chart is published (wednesday).I´ve done this in that way for every year.
Glenn Medeiros spent 7 weeks at #1 from the weekendig december 3rd 1988; so the last 2 weeks were in 1989.
Fine young cannibals spent 1 only week at #1, not 2.I don´t have the book now to check it but I have more sources (weekly charts).
Technotronic spent 8 weeks at #1, the first two in 1989 counting weekendings; if you count from monday they are 3.
I prefer the weekending date; it´s always been that way.
Ok, but PROMUSICAE or AFYVE don´t use your sistem, and we're talking about the list of SPAIN (not USA or UK).
About the Holy Book... You and me know that this book has too many errors to take seriously.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby john2000 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:32 pm

CaptainAhab wrote:About the Holy Book... You and me know that this book has too many errors to take seriously.
Can you specify what is "too many" for you :lol:
User avatar
john2000
Manager
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004

Postby CaptainAhab » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:17 pm

john2000 wrote:
CaptainAhab wrote:About the Holy Book... You and me know that this book has too many errors to take seriously.
Can you specify what is "too many" for you :lol:
The Holy Book and its horde of fanatics...
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:19 am

She drives me crazy chart run:
20-25 feb 89: 12-10-7-7-6-5-3-3-3-3-2-2-1-3-4-6-6-6-7-7-8-9-15-15-14.
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:08 pm

Mansave wrote:I remember that there were 2 all girl spanish groups that charted in Spanish Singles Chart in 1989, one was Objetivo Birmania's "Los Amigos De Mis Amigas Son Mis Amigos" hitting the Number One in "Los 40 Principales" and I think they made into the Top 5 in the Singles Sales Chart,and the other was this 3 girls who sung in english "Tomorrow (Mañana)"....The chorus said "Love me today not tomorrow..."...by the way I remember that their record company was Polygram,but I can't remember their name... :(
David do you have also data from 1988,I remember Sinitta had a Big Hit in Spain with G.T.O.,number 1 in "Los 40 Principales" and number 2? in Singles Chart.
"Los amigos de mis amigas son mis amigos" was a very fun song in summer ´89; it made #5 in the singles sales chart; they had had a few hits in the first half of the 80s, such as "Desidia", "Baila para mi" and "No te aguanto mas"; I still don´t know who the other girl group is.
"Gto" by Sinitta reached #3.
SINITTA:
14 feb 87 So macho 46 /1/
1987 Feels like the first time 18 /10/
1987 Toy boy 14 /12/
26 dic 87 Gto 3 (16 ene 88) /22/
1988 Cross my broken heart 12 (14 may) /21/
1988 I don´t believe in miracles 15 (15 oct) /4/
1989 Right back where we started from 17 /1/
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby HUR » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:44 pm

Davidalic, thank you for the charts information about Queen, it´s very good. I think that Queen must be one the most succeful international bands there. I have another question: did Queen have a top ten sigle there?. I know that Queen was most popular with albums, but maybe they have succes with the singles.
User avatar
HUR
Superstar
 
Posts: 6702
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006

Postby davidalic » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 pm

HUR wrote:Davidalic, thank you for the charts information about Queen, it´s very good. I think that Queen must be one the most succeful international bands there. I have another question: did Queen have a top ten sigle there?. I know that Queen was most popular with albums, but maybe they have succes with the singles.
Yes, they,ve had 15hits, 8top10s, 2#1s; I compiled my own chart of Artists of all time (singles and albums)with a "points system" and they appear at #35 in the All time singles artists and at #10 in the All time Albums artists;as a band, only The Rolling Stones are above them in the all time albums chart.
These are the singles:
1976 Bohemian rhapsody 6 (3 abr) /13/
1980 Crazy little thing called love 19 (29 mar) /13/
1980 Play the game 21 (15 nov) /5/
10 ene 81 Another one bites the dust 1 (4 abr) /25/
1981 Flash 24 (7 mar) /4/
9 ene 82 Under pressure (...& David Bowie) 11 (6 mar) /19/
1982 Body language 7 (17 jul) /12/
1984 Radio ga ga 6 (21 abr) /17/
1 set 84 I want to break free 5 (3 nov) /22/
1986 A kind of magic 8 (30 agos) /24/
25 oct 86 Friends will be friends 18 (25 oct) /13/
1989 I want it all 12 (8 jul) /17/
1991 Innuendo 6 (9 mar) /9/
26 jun 93 Five live EP (George Michael &...with Lisa Stansfield) 1 /4/ - (26 jun) /20/
15 may 04 We will rock you/Solo por ti (no one but you) 11 (15 may) /1/
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby Mansave » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:50 pm

Thanks David for Sinitta's Chart entries,I still remember G.T.O. as her biggest Spanish Hit. Would You have info about others SAW artists...(Rick Astley,Kylie Minogue,Jason Donovan,Samantha Fox,Sabrina Salerno,Bananarama,Donna Summer,Mel & Kim,Big Fun,Sonia,Mandy Smith,...)I know some of them had big hits in Spain,I remember Rick Astley's "Never Gonnna Give You Up" peaked at Number One. By The Way C.C. Catch and Modern Talking were selling really well in Spanish Singles charts in the 80s, Do you have the complete entries for both too?.
Thanks again David, good work!.
User avatar
Mansave
Groupie
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006
Location: Málaga, Spain

Postby davidalic » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Mansave wrote:Thanks David for Sinitta's Chart entries,I still remember G.T.O. as her biggest Spanish Hit. Would You have info about others SAW artists...(Rick Astley,Kylie Minogue,Jason Donovan,Samantha Fox,Sabrina Salerno,Bananarama,Donna Summer,Mel & Kim,Big Fun,Sonia,Mandy Smith,...)I know some of them had big hits in Spain,I remember Rick Astley's "Never Gonnna Give You Up" peaked at Number One. By The Way C.C. Catch and Modern Talking were selling really well in Spanish Singles charts in the 80s, Do you have the complete entries for both too?.
Thanks again David, good work!.
RICK ASTLEY
17 oct 87 Never gonna give you up 1 /7/ (21 nov) /39/
2 ene 88 Whenever you need somebody 2 (20 feb) /27/
19 mar 88 Together forever 1 /3/ - (19 mar) /19/
1988 Together forever (remix) 12 (18 jun) /20/
2 jul 88 My arms keep missing/When I fall in love 3 (16 jul) /15/
15 oct 88 She wants to dance with me 5 (26 nov) /15/
10 dic 88 Take me to your heart 2 (7 ene 89) /18/
1991 Cry for help 11 (23 feb) /7/

KYLIE MINOGUE
1988 I should be so lucky 23 /8/
1989 Especially for you (...&Jason Donovan) 15 (17 jun) /5/
1989 Hand on your heart 6 (29 jul) /14/
1989 Wouldn´t change a thing 19 (7 oct) /1/
1989 Never too late 11 (9 dic) /3/
1990 Tears on my pillow 14 (24 feb) /5/
1990 Better the devil you know 12 (14 jul) /5/
17 nov 90 Step back in time 6 (29 dic) /10/
25 abr 98 MX Breathe 13 (25 abr) /2/
29 set 01 Can´t get you out of my head 1 /6/ (6 oct) /16/
9 mar 02 In your eyes 7 (9 mar) /8/
22 jun 02 Love at first sight 7 (22 jun) /3/
16 nov 02 Come into my world 15 (16 nov) /1/
15 nov 03 Slow 1 – (15 nov) /12/
13 mar 04 Red blooded woman 8 (13 mar) /4/
18 dic 04 I believe in you 5 (12 feb) /13/
16 abr 05 Giving you up 6 (23 abr) /6/

JASON DONOVAN
1989 Too many broken hearts 10 (6 may) /16/
1989 Especially for you (Kylie Minogue &...) 15 (17 jun) /5/
24 feb 90 When you come back to me 15 /1/
16 jun 90 Hang on to your love 18 /1/

SAMANTHA FOX
1987 Do ya do ya 38 /?/
1987 Touch me 10 /7/
1987 Nothing´s gonna stop me now 8 /24/
31 oct 87 I surrender 4 (2 ene 88) /+11/
1988 I promised you (get ready) 12 (13 feb) /13/
1988 Naughty girls (need love too) 21 /4/
10 dic 88 Love house 10 (21 ene 89) /5/

SABRINA
3 oct 87 Boys 3 (23 ene 88) /29/
1988 Hot girl 2 (5 mar) /?/

BANANARAMA
1986 Venus 14 /9/
1987 Love in the first degree 35 /3/
88 (re): 12 (4 jun) /+23/=/26/
1988 I can´t help it 22 (13 feb) /6/
1988 I want you back 6 (20 agos) /12/
1988 The Bananarama megamix 12 (1 oct) /14/
1989 Help 4 (22 abr) /19/
18 mar 06 Look on the floor (hypnotic tango) 12 (18 mar) /…/

DONNA SUMMER
1976 Love to love you baby 6 /17/
1976 Try me, I know we can make it 5 /28/
1977 Spring reprise 18 /13/
1977 I feel love 5 /18/
1978 I love you 21 /5/
1978 Last dance 25 /2/
1979 MacArthur park 12 /14/
1979 Hot stuff 9 /16/
1979 Bad girls 22 /6/
1979 No more tears (enough is enough) (...& Barbra Streissand) 2 /21/
1980 The wanderer 4 /19/
1982 Love is in control 5 /21/
1983 She works hard for the money 6 /16/
17 oct 87 Dinner with Gershwin 43 /1/
11 set 99 I will go with you (con te partiro) 2 (2 oct) /15/
11 dic 99 Love is the healer 9 (11 ene 99) /8/

MEL & KIM
1987 F.L.M. (Fun, love and money) 9 /20/

BIG FUN
11 nov 89 Blame it on the boogie 5 (20 ene 90) /20/
1990 Can´t shake the feeling 6 (27 ene) /16/
1990 Handful of promises 9 (28 abr) /10/

SONIA:
1989 You´ll never stop me loving you 13 (18 nov) /7/
1990 Can´t forget you 17 /3/

MANDY SMITH:
5 dic 87 Positive reaction 21 (6 feb 88) /12/

C.C. CATCH
1986 I can lose my heart tonight 7 (7 jun) /11/
1986 ´Cause you are you´re young 6 (9 agos) /17/
20 set 86 Strangers by night 10 (4 oct) /18/
29 nov 86 Heartbreak hotel 3 (3 ene 87) /23/
27 dic 86 Heaven & hell 2 (31 ene 87) /22/
1987 Are you man enough 5 (27 jun) /21/
12 dic 87 Soul survivor 1 (26 dic) /22/
1988 Good guys only win in movies 6 (16 abr) /14/
1988 House of mystic lights 7 (16 jul) /14/
24 dic 88 Backseat of your cadillac 6 (7 ene 89) /13/
1989 Nothing but a heartache 14 (11 mar) /6/
19 dic 98 Soul survivor´98 8 /1/
27 mar 99 I can lose my heart tonight’99 12 (3 abr) /3/
5 jul 03 Shake your head 2003 12 /1/

MODERN TALKING
1985 You´re my heart you´re my soul 2 /20/
1985 You can win if you want 2 /25/
1985 Cheri, cheri lady 1 /27/
1986 Brother Louie 1 /3/ /30/
1986 Atlantis is calling (SOS for love) 2 /22/
1986 Geronimo´s cadillac 1 /4/ /25/
1987 Lonely tears in China town 9 /14/
1987 Jet airliner 3 /22/
14 nov 87 Don´t worry 25 (5 dic) /9/
19 dic 87 In 100 years 4 (9 ene) /16/
1988 Hits megamix 11 (30 jul) /11/
15 agos 98 Brother Louie´98 2 /3/ (22 agos) /9/
11 abr 98 MX You´re my heart you´re my soul 1 /3/ (16 may) /16/
27 feb 99 MX You´re not alone 1 /2/ (6 mar) /3/ // 20 mar 99 S 5 (20 mar) /9/
26 jun 99 Sexy sexy lover 19 (26 jun) /2/
19 feb 00 China in her eyes 6 (19 feb) /6/
16 mar 02 Ready for the victory 12 (16 mar) /2/
MX=maxisingles chart.
Last edited by davidalic on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:21 pm

Davidalic, why do you treat this book like official source? This book is UNOFFICIAL.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:34 pm

CaptainAhab wrote:Davidalic, why do you treat this book like official source? This book is UNOFFICIAL.
Are you spanish? this book is the only official source we have; for me it´s a great work, as it compiles all the singles and albums that made the charts. It uses the Afyve charts (official) from 1986 until today; before 1987 there were some different sales charts, and they have tried to compile just one chart for every week out of all those sources; I would have used just one source ("El gran musical" magazine), but I think this way is more fair. I agree there are some mistakes, but they are unimportant. I´m very happy with this book and I enjoy it; This is better than nothing, don´t you think? 8-)
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby Mo_Onw4lk3r » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:22 pm

CaptainAhab wrote:Invencible (2001) PLATINUM

Blood On The Dancefloor (1997) 3x PLATINUM

HIStory (1994) 4x PLATINUM

Dangerous (1992) 6x PLATINUM

Bad (1987) 5x PLATINUM

Thriller (1982) 6x PLATINUM

Off The Wall (1979) 3x PLATINUM
Also Number Ones was certified gold back in 2004 for 50,000 copies sold.

I also think this book have some mistakes but you know, in Spain we are very "chapuzas" xD.
Mo_Onw4lk3r
Groupie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004

Postby CaptainAhab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:14 pm

davidalic wrote:
CaptainAhab wrote:Davidalic, why do you treat this book like official source? This book is UNOFFICIAL.
Are you spanish? this book is the only official source we have; for me it´s a great work, as it compiles all the singles and albums that made the charts. It uses the Afyve charts (official) from 1986 until today; before 1987 there were some different sales charts, and they have tried to compile just one chart for every week out of all those sources; I would have used just one source ("El gran musical" magazine), but I think this way is more fair. I agree there are some mistakes, but they are unimportant. I´m very happy with this book and I enjoy it; This is better than nothing, don´t you think? 8-)
I'm spanish and I´ve got the book too, but this book is unofficial. It´s true that the book is based on official sources like every book about charts but it doesn't change the book in a official work.
Last edited by CaptainAhab on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:18 pm

CaptainAhab wrote:
davidalic wrote:
CaptainAhab wrote:Davidalic, why do you treat this book like official source? This book is UNOFFICIAL.
Are you spanish? this book is the only official source we have; for me it´s a great work, as it compiles all the singles and albums that made the charts. It uses the Afyve charts (official) from 1986 until today; before 1987 there were some different sales charts, and they have tried to compile just one chart for every week out of all those sources; I would have used just one source ("El gran musical" magazine), but I think this way is more fair. I agree there are some mistakes, but they are unimportant. I´m very happy with this book and I enjoy it; This is better than nothing, don´t you think? 8-)
I'm spanish and I´ve got the book too, but this book is unofficial. It´s true that the book is based on official sources but the book isn´t it.
Ok, y cual es el requisito para que sea Oficial? porque no se en que te basas para decir que no es oficial, cuando el libro ha sido anunciado incluso en la web de promusicae y por la SGAE....que mas se puede pedir.
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:23 pm

Mo_Onw4lk3r wrote:
CaptainAhab wrote:Invencible (2001) PLATINUM

Blood On The Dancefloor (1997) 3x PLATINUM

HIStory (1994) 4x PLATINUM

Dangerous (1992) 6x PLATINUM

Bad (1987) 5x PLATINUM

Thriller (1982) 6x PLATINUM

Off The Wall (1979) 3x PLATINUM
Also Number Ones was certified gold back in 2004 for 50,000 copies sold.

I also think this book have some mistakes but you know, in Spain we are very "chapuzas" xD.
True, but I was talking about albums with platinum awards (not gold)

Y totalmente de acuerdo, somos unos chapuzas de tres pares de narices. Saludos :wink:
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:59 pm

davidalic wrote:
CaptainAhab wrote:
davidalic wrote:
CaptainAhab wrote:Davidalic, why do you treat this book like official source? This book is UNOFFICIAL.
Are you spanish? this book is the only official source we have; for me it´s a great work, as it compiles all the singles and albums that made the charts. It uses the Afyve charts (official) from 1986 until today; before 1987 there were some different sales charts, and they have tried to compile just one chart for every week out of all those sources; I would have used just one source ("El gran musical" magazine), but I think this way is more fair. I agree there are some mistakes, but they are unimportant. I´m very happy with this book and I enjoy it; This is better than nothing, don´t you think? 8-)
I'm spanish and I´ve got the book too, but this book is unofficial. It´s true that the book is based on official sources but the book isn´t it.
Ok, y cual es el requisito para que sea Oficial? porque no se en que te basas para decir que no es oficial, cuando el libro ha sido anunciado incluso en la web de promusicae y por la SGAE....que mas se puede pedir.
Obviamente todo libro que recopila listas de éxito ha de estar basado en fuentes oficiales, pero eso no lo convierte en oficial. ¿Te puedes imaginar un libro q pretenda mostrar fielmente la evolución de los éxitos en España semana a semana sin estar basado en la lista AFYVE? ¿Todo trabajo, entonces, dedicado a esta atractiva labor es oficial?

Si respondes afirmativamente, yo mismo, que tengo guardada alguna información de AFYVE, podría sacar un librito oficial publicando lo que he recopilado a través del tiempo.

Todo ello es absurdo, yo podré publicar tal librito (si consigo el permiso de AFYVE, supongo) pero no sería una publicación oficial ni muchísimo menos, como intuyo podrás comprender.

El hecho de que la web de Promusicae (o cualquier otra) lo anuncie, no lo reviste de oficialidad. Ten en cuenta que el librito de marras está escrito por un particular, pero en ningún lado se dice que sea una publicación de AFYVE, ni siquiera que AFYVE (o Promusicae) encargara tal proyecto.

Y por ende, al no ser un producto oficial, no me sirve más que como referencia, pero no para silenciar a nadie esgrimiendo que en la página tal o cual de este libro dice lo contrario. Máxime cuando contiene, a mi modo de ver, algunos errores de bulto. ¿O es que acaso piensas que "Thriller" no ha sido certificado jamás en España? Yo sólo me lo creería si lo confirmase AFYVE, porque desde chiquitín he leido en todos lados que obtuvo 6 platinos, y ya tengo 23 años.
Last edited by CaptainAhab on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Sorry for answer to Davidalic in spanish this time, my english isn't very good like you can check.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:14 pm

Bueno, a mi que sea oficial o no me es igual; lo unico que me interesa son las listas, records y tal... si alguien me pregunta por ejemplo los albumes de los Rolling Stones en España en los años 70 pues quieras o no ésta es la unica base que tenemos, ya que usa las listas de la epoca.Con respecto a las certificaciones de "Thriller" no creo que se les haya olvidado incluirlo en el listado; si no ha sido certificado sera por cosas de la compañia; Es obvio que ha vendido muchas copias a lo largo de los años. Lo mismo que "Blood on the dancefloor"; no se de donde sacas que tiene 3 platinos; ya dije una vez que yo tengo las listas semanales de esos años, mas aparte el listado de las certificaciones de los años 97-98-99, mas las del libro....y solo tiene 1 platino; "Bad" tiene 3 y "Off the wall" ninguna.
No creo que el libro haya hecho un boicot contra Michael Jackson precisamente; ¿por que iban a cometer tantos errores con él?
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby CaptainAhab » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:40 pm

davidalic wrote:Bueno, a mi que sea oficial o no me es igual; lo unico que me interesa son las listas, records y tal... si alguien me pregunta por ejemplo los albumes de los Rolling Stones en España en los años 70 pues quieras o no ésta es la unica base que tenemos, ya que usa las listas de la epoca.Con respecto a las certificaciones de "Thriller" no creo que se les haya olvidado incluirlo en el listado; si no ha sido certificado sera por cosas de la compañia; Es obvio que ha vendido muchas copias a lo largo de los años. Lo mismo que "Blood on the dancefloor"; no se de donde sacas que tiene 3 platinos; ya dije una vez que yo tengo las listas semanales de esos años, mas aparte el listado de las certificaciones de los años 97-98-99, mas las del libro....y solo tiene 1 platino; "Bad" tiene 3 y "Off the wall" ninguna.
No creo que el libro haya hecho un boicot contra Michael Jackson precisamente; ¿por que iban a cometer tantos errores con él?
No creo que sea un boicot, pero sí una chapuza.

¿Puedes explicarme que hace Black or White en la página 602 teniendo como p.p. el número 1 en el año 1992 mientras que en la página 603 le dan el 3 como el más alto para ese mismo año?

Por otra parte, en la pág. 584 se asegura q este mismo single permaneció en 1991 9 semanas en el número 1, pero sólo 8 semanas en lista :lol:

Además, a Fernando Salaverri se le olvida que el single Somebody´s watching, número 1 en 1984, es de un desconocido llamado Rockwell y de MICHAEL JACKSON.

¿Ves posible, entonces, que me crea a pies juntillas las certificaciones que le otorga este libro a MJ (o a cualquier otro cantante) mientras haya muchas otras fuentes que dicen cosas bien distintas?

¿Por qué los platinos de Thriller no pueden habérsele olvidado? Si se equivoca en todo lo anterior, puede, por lógica, equivocarse así mismo en el tema de las certificaciones.
Last edited by CaptainAhab on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
CaptainAhab
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005
Location: Spain

Postby davidalic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:03 pm

CaptainAhab wrote:
davidalic wrote:Bueno, a mi que sea oficial o no me es igual; lo unico que me interesa son las listas, records y tal... si alguien me pregunta por ejemplo los albumes de los Rolling Stones en España en los años 70 pues quieras o no ésta es la unica base que tenemos, ya que usa las listas de la epoca.Con respecto a las certificaciones de "Thriller" no creo que se les haya olvidado incluirlo en el listado; si no ha sido certificado sera por cosas de la compañia; Es obvio que ha vendido muchas copias a lo largo de los años. Lo mismo que "Blood on the dancefloor"; no se de donde sacas que tiene 3 platinos; ya dije una vez que yo tengo las listas semanales de esos años, mas aparte el listado de las certificaciones de los años 97-98-99, mas las del libro....y solo tiene 1 platino; "Bad" tiene 3 y "Off the wall" ninguna.
No creo que el libro haya hecho un boicot contra Michael Jackson precisamente; ¿por que iban a cometer tantos errores con él?
No creo que sea un boicot, pero sí una chapuza.

¿Puedes explicarme que hace Black or White en la página 602 teniendo como p.p. el número 1 en el año 1992 mientras que en la página 603 le dan el 3 como el más alto para ese mismo año?

Por otra parte, en la pág. 584 se asegura q este mismo single permaneció en 1991 9 semanas en el número 1, pero sólo 8 semanas en lista :lol:

Además, a Fernando Salaverri se le olvida que el single Somebody´s watching, número 1 en 1984, es de un desconocido llamado Rockwell y de MICHAEL JACKSON.

¿Ves posible, entonces, que me crea a pies juntillas las certificaciones que le otorga este libro a MJ (o a cualquier cantante) mientras haya muchas otras fuentes que dicen cosas bien distintas?
Creo que exageras un poco con los errores; hay muchos singles que aparecen dos veces por algun error informatico, pero bueno, como tengo las listas semanales ya lo he comprobado y no pasa nada.
-En el año 91 si que se han comido la ultima semana del año, ya lo comprobé, y en algun otro año tambien.
-En cuanto a lo de Rockwell no estoy de acuerdo; que yo sepa solo esta acreditado a Rockwell; Michael hacia nada mas que los coros; si miras en las listas billboard o de Uk (Guiness book), Michael no aparece acreditado, por tanto no es un éxito que cuente para él.

Yo ya me hice una lista de todos los errores y se los envié a los editores; me respondieron varias veces agradeciendome los errores encontrados, que a ver si encontraba mas.

Yo si que me creo las certificaciones de Michael Jackson; en los primeros años 80 muy pocos discos se certificaban, por ejemplo; el primer album de Mecano se dice que vendio unas 400.000 segun su libro, pero solo tiene un disco de Oro; el album de Hombres G vendio 200.000 en el año 85 segun el anuario de la musica de ese año y no tiene ninguna certificacion; el de Alaska "Deseo carnal" igual, vendio 250.000 y solo tiene un ORO; Ana Belen y Victor Manuel 300.000 de su album durante 1986, mientras que solo tiene 2 platinos (certificados en el 87) por eso que me creo que "Thriller" no tenga ninguna a pesar de sus ventas.No son errores, simplemente que la compañia ha de comprar esas certificaciones y quiza no le interesaba.
User avatar
davidalic
Manager
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby mykka » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:33 pm

Hey could someone post the dance #1s in Spain?
User avatar
mykka
Legend
 
Posts: 20963
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004
Location: Earth

Return to Chart Analysis