Girl, 8, gang raped and murdered in India

Moderator: biscuits

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:33 am

Asifa Bano was 8 years old and wearing a purple salwar kameez when she disappeared on Jan. 10.

A week later, on Jan. 17, her mutilated and lifeless body was found in a forest near Kathua in the Indian-controlled region of Kashmir. It was a mile away from Rasana, the village where her family was currently living.

Reports say she was abducted while grazing her horses in a meadow, taken to a prayer hall nearby, sedated for three days, tortured and brutally gang-raped. She was eventually strangled and hit on the head several times with a stone to ensure that she was dead.

On Wednesday, graphic details of the crime and its perpetrators emerged in a charge sheet filed by the Jammu and Kashmir state police. Its contents sparked massive outrage across the country. People gathered for candlelight vigils in protest. And using the hashtag #JusticeForAsifa on social media, citizens are condemning the crime and encouraging each other to speak up to authorities.

Details from the report revealed that the crime was fueled by religious and political tensions between Asifa's tribe, a group of Indian Sunni Muslims called the Bakarwal, and local Hindus who saw them as a threat.

The conspirators' motive for raping the child, according to the charge sheet, was to drive the Muslim family out of the area.

It also showed that local policemen were accused of perpetrating the crime. When Asifa's family reported her missing in January, among those sent to find her was Deepak Khujaria, a 28-year-old special police officer. Based on DNA evidence, he has since been accused of committing the crime. Three other policemen have been charged with hindering investigations and tampering with DNA evidence, including washing Bano's clothes before sending it in for forensic testing.

Indians were furious that politicians were silent over the issue and that some locals even defended the accused, since they were Hindu. Two Bharatiya Janata Party ministers from India's ruling party, who seek to preserve Hindu ideals, even attended a rally to support the accused. They have since resigned.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke out about the case Friday: "I want to assure the country that no culprit will be spared, complete justice will be done. Our daughters will definitely get justice."

biscuits
The Diva

Postby Hugo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:36 am

When you have policemen involved you know you're in a country with a messed up system/culture.

A tragedy.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 am

India is so corrupt. And there are actually people defending the accused because they are fellow Hindus. Shocking yet not shocking.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Rihab » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:43 am

The conspirators' motive for raping the child, according to the charge sheet, was to drive the Muslim family out of the area.
Wow. :roll:

Poor girl. :(
Rihab
Legend

Postby iMacourey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:20 am

This is one of the most horrific things I've read about in a long time. :(
iMacourey
Roadie

Postby BeeBoy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 am

Disgusting pigs. :evil:
RIP
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:20 pm

This is digusting, tragic and so sad to read.
That poor girl :( No one deserves this and it is a shame that such horrible crimes happen in India so often :(

RIP
Mainshow
Legend

Postby LittleLinda » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm

The crime itself is horrendous enough, but when I got to the part about the policemen my heart sank into a bottomless pit. This is wrong on so many levels and I can only hope that every single person involved in this atrocious crime will be punished, be it by justice or fate.
This once again proves that human cruelty knows no bounderies.
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby beredy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:11 pm

India seriously needs to do something about rape. It seems like the most vile rape cases always happen in India.
beredy
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Poor kid.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Disgusting stuff.
Spartan
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:30 pm

So many things disturbing about this.

The act itself but that police officers who were handling the case actually committed the crime and purposely thwarted the investigation. It’s horrific! And that this poor girl was just used as a toy in a religious conflict
biscuits
The Diva

Postby stevyy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:59 pm

it's so vile.
stevyy
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:15 pm

LittleLinda wrote:The crime itself is horrendous enough, but when I got to the part about the policemen my heart sank into a bottomless pit. This is wrong on so many levels and I can only hope that every single person involved in this atrocious crime will be punished, be it by justice or fate.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Jesper » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:42 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
LittleLinda wrote:The crime itself is horrendous enough, but when I got to the part about the policemen my heart sank into a bottomless pit. This is wrong on so many levels and I can only hope that every single person involved in this atrocious crime will be punished, be it by justice or fate.
Jesper
Legend

Postby aRat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Absolutely disgusting, that poor girl. :cry:
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby ferrero » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 am

A seven-year-old girl was raped and murdered during a wedding in India.

A 23-year-old from the village of Etah was arrested after he was found lying drunk next to the victim’s body, police in the town of Kotwali Nagar in Uttar Pradesh, told The Independent.

The man, who was reportedly hired to set up a tent for the wedding, allegedly dragged the girl to a construction site, while guests were preoccupied by the celebrations.

Police told The Times of India that she was found semi-naked with strangulation marks on her neck and blood stains on her abdomen in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

It comes as eight men accused of involvement in the rape and murder of an eight-year-old Muslim girl in India's Jammu and Kashmir state appeared in court for the first hearing in a case sparking nationwide outrage and criticism of the ruling party.

The girl, from a nomadic community that roams the forests of Kashmir, was drugged, held captive in a Hindu temple and sexually assaulted for a week before being strangled and battered to death with a stone in January, police said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 08136.html
ferrero
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 pm

India has a deep society issue when it comes to rape. It will take 10s of years to create an awareness for patterns to change.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby biscuits » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:18 pm

That country is full of barbarians. I’ve witnessed it (not this extreme) firsthand.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby BeeBoy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Guru wrote:India has a deep society issue when it comes to rape. It will take 10s of years to create an awareness for patterns to change.
Apalling but true. Still how is it possible as a normal person to find a child sexually attractive? Surely they don't have higher pedophile rates than other countries do they?
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby biscuits » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:48 pm

I think a lack of education and morals plays a big part
biscuits
The Diva

Postby LittleLinda » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 pm

biscuits wrote:I think a lack of education and morals plays a big part
Not sure what kind of "education" would be needed to figure out that raping and strangling children is not something you should be doing. I mean, that's something that pretty much any person without a severe mental disorder should understand by nature.
I know Indian culture plays a huge part in this, but it is really difficult to grasp if you try to apply common sense.
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby Guru » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:12 am

BeeBoy wrote:
Guru wrote:India has a deep society issue when it comes to rape. It will take 10s of years to create an awareness for patterns to change.
Apalling but true. Still how is it possible as a normal person to find a child sexually attractive? Surely they don't have higher pedophile rates than other countries do they?
That is why you are I will never be rapist. Because we don’t think like them.
Why not just jerk off the satisfaction? You don’t need a real female anatomy :roll:

LittleLinda wrote:
Not sure what kind of "education" would be needed to figure out that raping and strangling children is not something you should be doing. I mean, that's something that pretty much any person without a severe mental disorder should understand by nature.
I know Indian culture plays a huge part in this, but it is really difficult to grasp if you try to apply common sense.
Agreed. What education is required to know not to rape? I thought this was a given? It’s like having a training manual on “how to breathe” or “how to wake up daily” :lol:
Rape is wrong, period. But for a young girl to be a victim? :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Serby » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm

be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby biscuits » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 pm

LittleLinda wrote:
I think a lack of education means there is probably no concept of what is right and wrong taught to people. Of course, the average person knows rape and murder is wrong. But there are a lot of people who are uneducated and they may not realise just how wrong it is? Also, a lack of education means a lot of people in India still believe extremely old fashioned values, such as women are inferior. I think this is the bigger cause tbh - that women are disposable beings.
biscuits
The Diva

Return to World News & Politics