32%
2 terms
18%
More than 2 terms
9%

Total votes : 94

Postby Rihab » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:41 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
Rihab wrote:Ughhhhh, blue wave canceled and Trump is SO getting re-elected in 2020. America is dumb, I'm out.
Are you surprised?

I couldn’t be happier not to be an American!
I wouldn't say surprised, but disappointed..

Also mess @ democrats winning the popular vote by close to 10% this time, yet barely winning a majority of house seats. What a f*cked up system.
Rihab
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 am

We got the house 8-)

Feel bitter how hyped the whole Beto thing was, it was close until the end...I feel so bad for him
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby stevyy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:26 am

Republicans won again...

America wants to restrict liberties, democracy and progress... Make America Great Again is not finished yet... there is so much more winning to do.
stevyy
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:31 am

Well, it wasn't a complete victory for Republicans. They lost the house - there were 25 seats that changed party there.
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 am

cheapthrills wrote:Well, it wasn't a complete victory for Republicans. They lost the house - there were 25 seats that changed party there.
Which means what?
Ewokguy15
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 am

Means its divided, which is better than both being Republican honestly.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Rolling » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:56 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
cheapthrills wrote:Well, it wasn't a complete victory for Republicans. They lost the house - there were 25 seats that changed party there.
Which means what?
Means Trump can't get his own way, and many things he wants or tries to do can be blocked. Also now can look into the Russia things, his accounts, Stormy and so on.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 am

I'm partially happy. Especially living in California.
TIfan
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 am

Taylor Swift should never speak about politics again. :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 am

MusicRecords wrote:We got the house 8-)

Feel bitter how hyped the whole Beto thing was, it was close until the end...I feel so bad for him
Thanks to Republicans scare-mongering, white people vote like a minority now, it's not about values or policy anymore, rather ''us v. them'' in Republican agenda.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:58 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
Which means what?
It’s a pretty important thing and definitely a victory, Congress is split into the senate and the House of Representatives, both have about equal power and all. So now it’s a split congress instead of being all republican like it was, now trump will have a hard time because many things can be blocked, the house technically has the power to impeach (although it probably won’t happen because the senate has to agree)...but it’s def a good thing that the dems have the house, trump must be furious right now :lol:

You guys have to remember that the dems were likely to win the house and unlikely to win the senate, that was predicted some time before the election. So yeah we actually succeeded. It would’ve been perfect to take the senate too but we def didn’t fail. I’m still feeling bitter that Texas was soooo close to being blue, by such a slight margin! But even being this close is quite a shock to many because the state has been strongly republican for so long and was about to be blue, maybe in 2020 they can make it blue.
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby LittleLinda » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
Which means what?
It’s a pretty important thing and definitely a victory, Congress is split into the senate and the House of Representatives, both have about equal power and all. So now it’s a split congress instead of being all republican like it was, now trump will have a hard time because many things can be blocked, the house technically has the power to impeach (although it probably won’t happen because the senate has to agree)...but it’s def a good thing that the dems have the house, trump must be furious right now :lol:

You guys have to remember that the dems were likely to win the house and unlikely to win the senate, that was predicted some time before the election. So yeah we actually succeeded. It would’ve been perfect to take the senate too but we def didn’t fail. I’m still feeling bitter that Texas was soooo close to being blue, by such a slight margin! But even being this close is quite a shock to many because the state has been strongly republican for so long and was about to be blue, maybe in 2020 they can make it blue.
I have a hard time considering this a Democrats victory, when the Republicans won both the House AND the senate during Obama's
presidency - maybe I'm lacking some context, but it makes it seem as if the people of the US considered Obama (back then) to be worse than Trump.

But I'm not sure why I'm even surprised... the election system in the US is pretty much the most "undemocratic" I know (counting only those of democratic countries, obviously).
It's actually quite funny to me when people in Germany complain about the "5-percent-hurdle" - meanwhile the US has a two-party-system, the electoral vote, gerrymandering and whatnot.
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby Rihab » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:42 pm

LittleLinda wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
Which means what?

I have a hard time considering this a Democrats victory, when the Republicans won both the House AND the senate during Obama's
presidency - maybe I'm lacking some context, but it makes it seem as if the people of the US considered Obama (back then) to be worse than Trump.
Yeah, you're lacking context. The reason why Democrats had such a difficult path to winning back the Senate this year is because Obama won so big in 2012. He virtually won all swing states and on top of that got several candidates in red states elected (Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Tennessee, Indiana, West Virginia). Defending those seats in a midterm election (which tend to have much lower turnout than presidential elections) was always going to be extremely difficult. That doesn't excuse the disappointing performance in Florida and Arizona, but even if dems had won those two, they still would've been 2 seats short of a majority.
Rihab
Legend

Postby aRat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:29 am

Trumpland...
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby heppolo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:12 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
Which means what?
It’s a pretty important thing and definitely a victory.
and then Nancy Pelosi puts on kid gloves and says something about bipartisanship
heppolo
Legend

Postby Rihab » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Time to strike America off the list of democracies..
Rihab
Legend

Postby aRat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Rihab wrote:

Time to strike America off the list of democracies..
Welp the triple punch of having a presidential system, an electoral college and suppression of voters clearly proves that. Poor things always screaming about democracy but lacking it themselves. A "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound" tea.
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
aRat
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Time to fk the US
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Guru » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:16 am

I love me some political Mimi :lol:

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby LittleLinda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:32 pm

It always amazes me how fickle people are. "Oh noez, my fave took a pic with someone I hate (because I'm a dimwit who doesn't understand constitutional law) - now I have to burn my CD collection!"
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby thebigham » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:44 am

Mueller says Manafort lied after pleading guilty, should be sentenced immediately:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html
thebigham
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am

thebigham wrote:Mueller says Manafort lied after pleading guilty, should be sentenced immediately:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html
That's gonna be a long, long sentence.
heppolo
Legend

Postby thebigham » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 am

The Blue Wave was real!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/da ... 4cda4fc3c2

Republican Rep. David Valadao Concedes To Democrat TJ Cox In California House Race

Democrats now have a net gain of 40 U.S. House seats.
thebigham
Legend

Postby Rihab » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:40 am

3-4 months until the presidential race kicks off and I hear Bernie's staff is already sending out hit pieces on Beto and Kamala. He scared.
Rihab
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:45 am

Rihab wrote:3-4 months until the presidential race kicks off and I hear Bernie's staff is already sending out hit pieces on Beto and Kamala. He scared.
I hear CNN and MSNBC teaming up for Joe Biden, the Hillary Clinton saga pt.2.
heppolo
Legend

Return to World News & Politics