President Trump's Topic | Russia scandal worsens (28th Aug)

Moderator: biscuits

How long will Trump last in office?

Less than 1 year
21%
Less than 4 years
29%
1 term
29%
2 terms
14%
More than 2 terms
7%

Total votes : 70

Postby thebigham » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:45 am

Gorka resigned today and Trump signed the military transgender ban. :evil:
thebigham
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:34 am

thebigham wrote:Gorka resigned today and Trump signed the military transgender ban. :evil:
Everything Trump is doing looks like and is a distraction to keep the light off the investigations.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Wayne » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Trump’s business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president

While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers.

As part of the discussions, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested that he could get President Vladimir Putin to say “great things” about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.

The developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Trump Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Trump’s election as president, according to two of the people with knowledge of the exchange.

Sater wrote to Trump Organization Executive Vice President Michael Cohen “something to the effect of, ‘Can you believe two guys from Brooklyn are going to elect a president?’ ” said one person briefed on the email exchange. Sater emigrated from what was then the Soviet Union when he was 6 and grew up in Brooklyn.

Trump never went to Moscow as Sater proposed. And although investors and Trump’s company signed a letter of intent, they lacked the land and permits to proceed and the project was abandoned at the end of January 2016, just before the presidential primaries began, several people familiar with the proposal said.

Nevertheless, the details of the deal, which have not previously been disclosed, provide evidence that Trump’s business was actively pursuing significant commercial interests in Russia at the same time he was campaigning to be president — and in a position to determine U.S.-Russia relations. The new details from the emails, which are scheduled to be turned over to congressional investigators soon, also point to the likelihood of additional contacts between Russia-connected individuals and Trump associates during his presidential bid.

White House officials declined to comment for this report. Cohen, a longtime Trump legal adviser, declined to comment, but his attorney, Stephen Ryan, said his client “has been cooperating and will continue to cooperate with both the House and Senate intelligence committees, including providing them with documents and information and answering any questions they may have about the Moscow building proposal.”

In recent months, contacts between high-ranking and lower- level Trump aides and Russians have emerged. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, then a U.S. senator and campaign adviser, twice met Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Donald Trump Jr. organized a June 2016 meeting with campaign aide Jared Kushner, campaign manager Paul Manafort and a Russian lawyer after the president’s eldest son was promised that the lawyer would bring damaging information about Hillary Clinton as part of a Russian government effort to help the campaign.

Internal emails also show campaign adviser George Papadopoulos repeatedly sought to organize meetings with campaign officials, including Trump, and Putin or other Russians. His efforts were rebuffed.

The negotiations for the Moscow project ended before Trump’s business ties to Russia had become a major issue in the campaign. Trump denied having any business connections to Russia in July 2016, tweeting, “for the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia” and then insisting at a news conference the following day, “I have nothing to do with Russia.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... story.html
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Biebz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Shocker
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby spiritboy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Would UK ever elect a president like him?
spiritboy
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:43 pm

spiritboy wrote:Would UK ever elect a president like him?
Well, if only Nigel Farage would decide to join Conservatives and becomes their leader.
heppolo
Legend

Postby thebigham » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Mueller is working very carefully to make sure that any charges they file against Trump will stick. Trump will resign.

Let's just hope it's sooner than later.
thebigham
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:44 am

all what you need to know about modern establishment Democrats (who are lower than Trump with their own approval rating)
Republicans will do nothing, Trump will pardon himself and his team and most likely even be re-elected.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Crackiswack » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:09 am

heppolo wrote:all what you need to know about modern establishment Democrats (who are lower than Trump with their own approval rating)
Republicans will do nothing, Trump will pardon himself and his team and most likely even be re-elected.
You're really underestimating how disliked Trump is.

Also, the team investigating him currently are taking steps to ensure that Trump would not be able to pardon anyone, including himself, which I think speaks for itself. There will be charges brought by the end of this year
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:13 am

Trump is ending DACA, which is what protected children who were brought to the USA illegally by their parents. It's very saddening, as for many of these people, the USA is all they know. They will be foreigners in "their" country.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby heppolo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Does anyone remember the days when Dems actually stood for something beyond the interests of their wealthy donors?

The Pivot Is Real, And It’s Spectacular
Trump is now working with Democrats to run the country. Will it last?
heppolo
Legend

Postby Rihab » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 pm

I get why it raises eyebrows, but I don't see anything wrong with Dems working with Trump to raise the debt ceiling. If they didn't, there'd soon be no money left to fund programs like Obamacare. It's not like they're helping him deport people to Mexico.
Rihab
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 am

Rihab wrote:I get why it raises eyebrows, but I don't see anything wrong with Dems working with Trump to raise the debt ceiling. If they didn't, there'd soon be no money left to fund programs like Obamacare. It's not like they're helping him deport people to Mexico.
I think that the centre of this ''agreement'' is Dems voting for tax cuts, which can be more financially dangerous than deporting people to Mexico.
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:58 pm

NY Post on Dems "resistance"
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 am

I hope Dems aren't thinking they can now play Trump.
Trump is going to con, fool & deceive people until he's out of the office.
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 am

heppolo
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:26 am

Yeah ok NFL players expressing their civil rights isn't ok, but neo-Nazis are perfectly ok. :roll:
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby heppolo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:47 am

The visit to Puerto Rico was a catastrophe
heppolo
Legend

Postby Serby » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 am

heppolo wrote:The visit to Puerto Rico was a catastrophe
Leftie!!!!1 He was giving them towels!!!!

Jk it was... dissaster. Wtfff
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Vice President Mike Pence leaves NFL game between Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers after several 49ers players kneeled during National Anthem: "I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.

BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Rihab » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Already 9 months in, 13 to go until the midterms! Trump still hasn‘t signed a major piece of legislation and the way things are going, there‘s a chance he never will.
Rihab
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Rihab wrote:Already 9 months in, 13 to go until the midterms! Trump still hasn‘t signed a major piece of legislation and the way things are going, there‘s a chance he never will.
the declaration of nuclear war... will do it for him. just wait and see.
stevyy
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 pm

What a circus of an administration. So pissed about how Puerto Rico is being handled. A sizable percentage still don't have power. What the hell country are we living in?
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Complete and total mess
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Eminem dissing him in a new freestyle :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Return to World News & Politics