Avicii 'retires' from live shows... gives out number to fans

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Affillate » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:05 am

Source: http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/music/ ... is-number/

Avicii Announces Retirement In Emotional Letter To Fans… And Also Gives Out His Number
Posted: 30 March, 2016 by Uce

One of the biggest DJs in the world, Avicii, has officially announced his retirement from live performances in an emotional letter to his fans.

The electronic music DJ posted a thanks-filled letter to his website yesterday afternoon that announced he will no longer be performing any live shows; crushing the hopes and dreams of many a raver.

"Thank you for letting me fulfil so many of my dreams. I will be forever grateful to have experiences and accomplished all that I have..." the 26-year-old wrote. "I've become an adult while growing as an artist, I've come to know myself better and realise that there's so much I want to do with my life."

The 'Wake Me Up' composer revealed that recent travels with his friends helped him realise how much there was to see and how little time he had to do it all.

"It really helped me realise that I needed to make the change that I'd been struggling with for a while.

I have too little [time] left for the life of a real person behind the artist."

But for all you Avicii-loving festival-goers, don't fret! The Swedish DJ says this (probably) won't be the last you see of him and that, thankfully, he's not retiring from making music completely.

"I will, however, never let go of music - I will continue to speak to my fans through it, but I've decided this 2016 run will be my last tour and last shows.

One part of me can never say never, I could be back... but I won't be right back..."

Then, just when you think that's the end of the letter, he drops this sneaky super small-text PS note down the bottom.

"P.S I've got a new phone so you can text me re all this [number]. Please bare with me I might not be super quick to reply. X"

Did he seriously give out his number and encourage his millions of fans to chuck him a casual text?

Either he doesn't realise just how big his fanbase is... or he's officially the friendliest celebrity in the world with a whole heap of time on his hands.
A little early for April 1st? Or is this legit albeit a little funny (with the texting)? What do you think. LOL. :lol:
Affillate
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:20 pm

I think he really should step back and come back in 5/years

He lost his creativity and uniqueness which made him famous to start with.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby minime » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Disappointed he's not retiring from music.
minime
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:39 am

I honestly don't care. His latest productions were boring and generic anyway.

However, I think it's kind of outrageous that a 26 year old guy has the feeling he needs to "retire".
He can still work as a producer of course but he seriously needs to take a break and to come back with a more unique and creative sound.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:46 am

He used to be good, these days he is very generic.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:43 pm

Bro... Before you leave please release the CD Quality demo version of Rebel Heart... # ByeFelicia
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Affillate » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:39 am

He's back... (making music). Saw a banner on Spotify for a new EP: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... w-ep-avici
Affillate
Manager

Postby heppolo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:28 am

Oh, I smell it's going to end up the same way it did with that Calvin Harris' singing promise
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:30 am

DnBLover wrote:
He lost his creativity and uniqueness which made him famous to start with.
Didn't they all...David Guetta, Skrillex, Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix. At least the ones that have reached the mainstream and chart success all either burnt out or switched to making generic, fast-food, numb musical content.
heppolo
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:10 pm

David Guetta is a whole different level of creative absence. He's a sellout and has been for a long time now.
Calvin Harris on the contrary has been pushing his creative limits. His recent beats are extremely fresh
Skrillex has done some interesting stuff too
Martin Garrix hasn't earned anyone's respect.

And there are other examples of people still going after a while.
Avicii created trends and managed to keep releasing banger after banger until... He dropped the ball.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Calvin Harris on the contrary has been pushing his creative limits. His recent beats are extremely fresh
Not at all, he seems to be jumping on different trends and is doing extremely rubbish pop stuff (Big Sean, Pharell Wiliiams, Katy Perry, Frank Ocean and other collabs are just laughable, astonishingly shameful) in contrast to his brilliant debut and a tolerable follow-up.Calvin had some brilliant collabs like "Eat Sleep Rave Repeat", but he's wasting too much time and effort on remaining commercially relevant. Some of the "no-names" on NCS sound more interesting than his recent effors.
Martin Garrix hasn't earned anyone's respect.
It's just a case of a modern commercially successful act, like that Alan Walker or Kygo from Norway.
heppolo
Legend

Return to World News & Politics