Update: Sinead O'Connor was found and she is safe

Moderator: biscuits

Postby thalisson » Mon May 16, 2016 4:14 pm

UPDATE:
12:15 PM PT: Cops say they found Sinead and she is safe. She is no longer listed as missing and in danger.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz48qhc8z7p

---------------------------------------------------

Sinead O'Connor has gone missing, and police have reason to believe she's at risk of suicide.

The singer went out on a bicycle ride Sunday around 1 PM in the Chicago suburb of Wilmette, and has not been seen since. Someone called cops to report she hadn't returned from the bike ride ... and officers are now searching for her.

According to an alert sent out by cops ... O'Connor is being classified as "missing suicidal." She was last seen on a Raleigh motorized bicycle with a pink basket. She's not exactly in typical cycling gear -- black parka, black leather pants and a sweatshirt with "Ireland" on the back.
She got medical treatment back in November after leaving an angry suicidal note for her family.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/16/sinead-oc ... z48ptB2GPn
Last edited by thalisson on Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thalisson
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:15 pm

It does not sound good, I hope they will found her quickly and that everything is ok.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 pm

I really worry about her, she is not right in the head.

A shame because she's a very talented artist.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon May 16, 2016 4:30 pm

NothingFails wrote:I really worry about her, she is not right in the head.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Mon May 16, 2016 4:36 pm

I hope she will be okay and that she can get the help she needs. Hopefully those close to her are taking care of her.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:49 pm

If she was sucidal how the hell was she allowed out on a bike ride all on her own? :-?

I hope she's found. She used to have a perfect voice.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Mon May 16, 2016 5:53 pm

menime123 wrote:She used to have a perfect voice.
She still does!

#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Mon May 16, 2016 5:56 pm

She clearly has some very deep rooted mental health issues, and it's a shame she doesn't seem to have a good support system in place around her. I really hope she gets through this. :(
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby MrRager » Mon May 16, 2016 5:58 pm

I hope she's ok! :cry: Too many Legends have died this year. No more.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Carbon » Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Airwrecka wrote:She clearly has some very deep rooted mental health issues, and it's a shame she doesn't seem to have a good support system in place around her. I really hope she gets through this. :(
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
Carbon
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon May 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Hope she is OK, she has become one of my fave female artists over the last few years, amazing voice.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Mikerocha » Mon May 16, 2016 6:26 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if she was kidnapped to shut her up.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby NothingFails » Mon May 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Watching this clip still makes me angry and I think this was the moment that really triggered her illness, because she was always different in interviews after 1992 than before.

You would think Bob Dylan fans of all people would be openminded and understanding of Sinead's actions on SNL a few weeks prior, as opposed to being uptight and downright bullying to her.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon May 16, 2016 7:16 pm

NothingFails wrote:Watching this clip still makes me angry and I think this was the moment that really triggered her illness, because she was always different in interviews after 1992 than before.

You would think Bob Dylan fans of all people would be openminded and understanding of Sinead's actions on SNL a few weeks prior, as opposed to being uptight and downright bullying to her.
wtf was that? Explain. :o :-?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Mon May 16, 2016 7:20 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
NothingFails wrote:Watching this clip still makes me angry and I think this was the moment that really triggered her illness, because she was always different in interviews after 1992 than before.

wtf was that? Explain. :o :-?
She had gone on SNL about 2 weeks prior to that performance and had a controversial career-ending performance where she sang a protest song (Bob Marley's War) and ended the performance ripping a picture of Pope John Paul II as a protest for the Vatican ignoring child sex abuse in Ireland. It ignited a media firestorm and this was Sinead's first public appearance after that performance, at a Bob Dylan tribute concert. The audience booed her in anger for her SNL appearance and she ended up not performing the Dylan song she had intended but instead did the same song she performed on SNL to counter the boos of the crowd.

Awww, the days when controversy was done over something bigger than "furthering your brand" :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

I hope it isn't too late and she's still found alive and gets the help she is in dire need of.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon May 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Wow thanks, always knew she was a controversial artist, didn't know about this particular incident though.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Mon May 16, 2016 7:25 pm

She has been found safe. I hope she gets the help she is in dire need of. She needs to be surrounded by better people who want to take care of her because with her recent public bouts of illness, she needs to be around people who care for her well-being
NothingFails
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon May 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Glad, poor love.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Mon May 16, 2016 7:27 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Wow thanks, always knew she was a controversial artist, didn't know about this particular incident though.
This was the performance in question, let's just say it was the 1990s "Nipplegate". The original performance has never been rebroadcast in reruns. It ended Sinead's career in America overnight.

The irony being that a few years later when church sex scandals began rocking America, people began to understand what she was doing, but in 1992 the US was unaware and just saw this as a shock antic and turned their back on Sinead right afterwards

NothingFails
Legend

Postby Biebz » Mon May 16, 2016 7:31 pm

I've always loved that video, such a brave woman
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby theArmy » Mon May 16, 2016 7:42 pm

heppolo wrote:
NothingFails wrote:I really worry about her, she is not right in the head.
:lol: :lol:

She is such a LEGEND. No one will ever come close to her protest acts 8-) ....and letters to Miley/Lindsay :lol:
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 pm

It's not really funny tbh, army. It's horrible having unstable mental health and uncontrolled episodes or breakdowns, yet alone having them play out for the whole world to see. :(

I'm glad she's safe.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Nippian93 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Glad she is safe, I hope she will get help.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Mon May 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Airwrecka wrote:It's not really funny tbh, army. It's horrible having unstable mental health and uncontrolled episodes or breakdowns, yet alone having them play out for the whole world to see. :(

I'm glad she's safe.
Yes. Sinead has a history of mental illness. It's only gotten worse since her kids were taken away from her and she's been melting down on social media in recent months.

She really deserves all the help she can get. A shame because she is a very talented and passionate artist but the mental illness seems to be winning with her of late, she needs a good support team
NothingFails
Legend

Postby theArmy » Mon May 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Airwrecka wrote:It's not really funny tbh, army. It's horrible having unstable mental health and uncontrolled episodes or breakdowns, yet alone having them play out for the whole world to see. :(

I'm glad she's safe.
Don't come for me with these lazy ''it's not funny'' phrases.

I did not laugh about her having mental health issues, I laughed about people writing ''I really worry about her, she is not right in the head.'' Lol.
I admire her for being the way she was in the past. But her reaching out to modern half-naked mainstream stars in the last years was hilarious :lol:
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Return to World News & Politics