Germany: Chaos, failed coalition talks, Merkel in jeopardy.

Moderator: biscuits

 

Postby Mainshow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:16 am

flopho wrote:excellent vote for SDP, i love their song "Ne Leiche"!
haha OMG xD Post of the day
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12916
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Mainshow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:22 am

menime123 wrote:The rise of the right in so many countries around the world is astounding. It’s like everyone is saying ‘let’s just look after ourselves for a bit’.
In Germany, it is a bit different though.
There are people who might be racist and right but usually, Germany faces less radicalism than other European countries.

Our former conservative party CDU (Merkel's party) just turned more and more socialist and a bit green so that conservative voters basically had to decide to vote for the new CDU or a more conservative (to right-wing) party. I mean, the most voters of AfD were fromer non- or CDU voters.
And they were the only ones who criticsed Merkel because of the refugee crisis "somehow successfully.. at least kinda loud" but thankfully, Die Linke and FDP - so left and liberal parties - are not in favor of everything how it was and is handled and personally, I think that having those two parties in the opposition and SPD defining themselves again and a CDU which gets slightly more conservative and AfD sabotaging themselves (it has already started) will cause that in 4 years, the results will be more balanced again and the AfD doesn't get 10+% again.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12916
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby menime123 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

Mainshow wrote:
menime123 wrote:The rise of the right in so many countries around the world is astounding. It’s like everyone is saying ‘let’s just look after ourselves for a bit’.
In Germany, it is a bit different though.
There are people who might be racist and right but usually, Germany faces less radicalism than other European countries.

Our former conservative party CDU (Merkel's party) just turned more and more socialist and a bit green so that conservative voters basically had to decide to vote for the new CDU or a more conservative (to right-wing) party. I mean, the most voters of AfD were fromer non- or CDU voters.
And they were the only ones who criticsed Merkel because of the refugee crisis "somehow successfully.. at least kinda loud" but thankfully, Die Linke and FDP - so left and liberal parties - are not in favor of everything how it was and is handled and personally, I think that having those two parties in the opposition and SPD defining themselves again and a CDU which gets slightly more conservative and AfD sabotaging themselves (it has already started) will cause that in 4 years, the results will be more balanced again and the AfD doesn't get 10+% again.
It’s sort of the same thing we faced here in the UK - our Conservative Party (in power) is from the right, but had to tone down, modernise and move a bit to the centre in order to win an election. But since that happened the BNP (British Nationalist Party) which is a more extreme party, gained a footing.

Despite an increase in votes for them they never gained any power in parliament. But, they campaigned hard for a Brexit vote during their campaigns - which they got and ultimately were victorious.

The BNP has died down now and probably will never gain any real traction ever again. But for a while there it was scary to know people were listening and agreeing.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby spiritboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Here, Erdogan supporters are happy because they think it's because of Erdogan, Merkel lost votes. I can't at dumbness of some people :lol:
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 21092
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby stevyy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 pm

spiritboy wrote:Here, Erdogan supporters are happy because they think it's because of Erdogan, Merkel lost votes. I can't at dumbness of some people :lol:
They won't enjoy Merkel this time around... because in season 4 she is going to take down a dictator... not sure which one yet... but I cannot wait to find that out in the Merkel series finale, due 2021.

12 years running and her ratings are still top notch. I hope season 4 gives us some more epic moments. :lol:

The gay marriage season finale 2017 was quite my favourite moment so far. My second fave moment was when they introduce the character of Emmanuel Macron - her new love interest... I want babies in this season.

I hope she does Big Brother in 2022.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47910
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby heppolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm

^Big Afd Brother with the surveillance state fully in place
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 14285
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 pm

menime123 wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
menime123 wrote:The rise of the right in so many countries around the world is astounding. It’s like everyone is saying ‘let’s just look after ourselves for a bit’.
In Germany, it is a bit different though.
There are people who might be racist and right but usually, Germany faces less radicalism than other European countries.

Our former conservative party CDU (Merkel's party) just turned more and more socialist and a bit green so that conservative voters basically had to decide to vote for the new CDU or a more conservative (to right-wing) party. I mean, the most voters of AfD were fromer non- or CDU voters.
And they were the only ones who criticsed Merkel because of the refugee crisis "somehow successfully.. at least kinda loud" but thankfully, Die Linke and FDP - so left and liberal parties - are not in favor of everything how it was and is handled and personally, I think that having those two parties in the opposition and SPD defining themselves again and a CDU which gets slightly more conservative and AfD sabotaging themselves (it has already started) will cause that in 4 years, the results will be more balanced again and the AfD doesn't get 10+% again.
It’s sort of the same thing we faced here in the UK - our Conservative Party (in power) is from the right, but had to tone down, modernise and move a bit to the centre in order to win an election. But since that happened the BNP (British Nationalist Party) which is a more extreme party, gained a footing.

Despite an increase in votes for them they never gained any power in parliament. But, they campaigned hard for a Brexit vote during their campaigns - which they got and ultimately were victorious.

The BNP has died down now and probably will never gain any real traction ever again. But for a while there it was scary to know people were listening and agreeing.
And then UKIP came along as a more respectable shelter for some BNP folks and managed to almost single-handedly bring out the Referendum and make the UK gamble on their future, so Afd should not be taken too lightly, they have around 100 MPs, which is a lot.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 14285
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Rihab » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Merkel isn’t going to last the full 4 years. Not after these disastrous results and especially not in a ‘Jamaica’ coalition. 8-)
If a coalition between the Labour party and the Scottish regional party (which do have quite a lot in common) is feared as a ‘coalition of chaos’ in the UK, I wonder what they’d call a foursome involving Christian conservatives, a Bavarian right-wing regional party, pro-business liberal democrats and the environmentalist / socialist Green party. It’s going to be a total mess and I’ll enjoy every second of it. :lol:

Voted Green btw, but I can’t wait for the SPD to come back strong in the next election (whenever it’s called).
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Rihab » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm

flopho wrote:excellent vote for SDP, i love their song "Ne Leiche"!
:lol: :lol:
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby stevyy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Rihab wrote:Merkel isn’t going to last the full 4 years. Not after these disastrous results and especially not in a ‘Jamaica’ coalition. 8-)
If a coalition between the Labour party and the Scottish regional party (which do have quite a lot in common) is feared as a ‘coalition of chaos’ in the UK, I wonder what they’d call a foursome involving Christian conservatives, a Bavarian right-wing regional party, pro-business liberal democrats and the environmentalist / socialist Green party. It’s going to be a total mess and I’ll enjoy every second of it. :lol:

Voted Green btw, but I can’t wait for the SPD to come back strong in the next election (whenever it’s called).
So you think Steinmeier the CEO of "The Bundestag" is going to cancel Merkel - Season 4 prematurely?

I hope not. It's so thrilling now that the new villain was revealed yesterday. I hope that she defeats the AFD villain by mid-season-finale... so that she can focus on the "Endgegner" for the last 2 years. Altho, much like you, I am ready for the SPD spin-off as well.

I hope Zu Guttenberg continues to guest star this season and gets promoted to series regular at one point. He is always good for some spicy scandal.

I just hope they wrap the Brexit storyline quickly. Ain't nobody got time for this Theresa May character. I have no idea why they introduced her as "the new Merkel" when she is more like a Doris Schröder-Köpf. She deserves an Emmy tho, for always looking so out of the loop... she plays that part so well.

The way they forced Sigmar Gabriel to become skinny to stay hired... wasn't really necessary either. I still don't like his line-delivery.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47910
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Rihab » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

stevyy wrote:
Rihab wrote:Merkel isn’t going to last the full 4 years. Not after these disastrous results and especially not in a ‘Jamaica’ coalition. 8-)
If a coalition between the Labour party and the Scottish regional party (which do have quite a lot in common) is feared as a ‘coalition of chaos’ in the UK, I wonder what they’d call a foursome involving Christian conservatives, a Bavarian right-wing regional party, pro-business liberal democrats and the environmentalist / socialist Green party. It’s going to be a total mess and I’ll enjoy every second of it. :lol:

Voted Green btw, but I can’t wait for the SPD to come back strong in the next election (whenever it’s called).
So you think Steinmeier the CEO of "The Bundestag" is going to cancel Merkel - Season 4 prematurely?
I think the start of season 4 will be delayed until late December or even early next year because it’ll be extremely hard for the screenwriters to come up with a script that pleases everyone, producers and fans of the series. :wink:

Angela and Horst’s marital crisis from season 3 seems unlikely to end in season 4 and their fans are worried Horst will file for divorce soon. Horst recently told Angela about his plans to build a beautiful fence and plant hedges around their house, so they can ignore all the horrible stuff that‘s going on in their neighbourhood and stop the neighbours from coming in. He and his fans only want to allow in 2 neighbours a week. Angela and her fans on the other hand think Horst‘s new rule is stupid. In general, Angela isn‘t very happy about change, she‘d prefer for things to stay as they are forever, so she‘s likely to oppose Horst‘s plans for a fence and hedges.

Rich and handsome Christian and his fans just want to see him and his Millionaire friends increase their wealth in season 4. They aren‘t as bothered as Horst and Angela by what‘s going on in the neighbourhood and they also don‘t care much about the rest of the cast (whose living conditions are worse than in season 1) or about what’ll happen in season 10 or 15 (which won’t be fun for anyone if things don‘t change fast).

Katrin and her husband Cem are complete opposites from Christian, Angela and Horst. They‘re a loving couple who like most of the other cast members, including Angela, Horst, Christian, Sahra, Dietmar, Andrea and Martin. They’ve had threesomes with pretty much all of them in the past, so they aren’t averse to ‘working’ with Angela, Horst and Christian again. The problem is that except for Angela, no one really wants to ‘work‘ with them atm as they’re determined to save the entire cast, the entire neighbourhood and the entire city, plus make sure season 10 to 15 are fun as well, which is nearly impossible to achieve all at once.

I expect Angela will eventually get everyone to come together in the delayed season premiere. But after four or five episodes, Horst will start a feud with Katrin and Cem and the whole thing will get so messy and alienate viewers so much that ending the season prematurely will be CEO Steinmeier‘s only option.
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby samra » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:02 am

Rihab wrote:
stevyy wrote:
Rihab wrote:Merkel isn’t going to last the full 4 years. Not after these disastrous results and especially not in a ‘Jamaica’ coalition. 8-)
If a coalition between the Labour party and the Scottish regional party (which do have quite a lot in common) is feared as a ‘coalition of chaos’ in the UK, I wonder what they’d call a foursome involving Christian conservatives, a Bavarian right-wing regional party, pro-business liberal democrats and the environmentalist / socialist Green party. It’s going to be a total mess and I’ll enjoy every second of it. :lol:

Voted Green btw, but I can’t wait for the SPD to come back strong in the next election (whenever it’s called).
So you think Steinmeier the CEO of "The Bundestag" is going to cancel Merkel - Season 4 prematurely?
I think the start of season 4 will be delayed until late December or even early next year because it’ll be extremely hard for the screenwriters to come up with a script that pleases everyone, producers and fans of the series. :wink:

Angela and Horst’s marital crisis from season 3 seems unlikely to end in season 4 and their fans are worried Horst will file for divorce soon. Horst recently told Angela about his plans to build a beautiful fence and plant hedges around their house, so they can ignore all the horrible stuff that‘s going on in their neighbourhood and stop the neighbours from coming in. He and his fans only want to allow in 2 neighbours a week. Angela and her fans on the other hand think Horst‘s new rule is stupid. In general, Angela isn‘t very happy about change, she‘d prefer for things to stay as they are forever, so she‘s likely to oppose Horst‘s plans for a fence and hedges.

Rich and handsome Christian and his fans just want to see him and his Millionaire friends increase their wealth in season 4. They aren‘t as bothered as Horst and Angela by what‘s going on in the neighbourhood and they also don‘t care much about the rest of the cast (whose living conditions are worse than in season 1) or about what’ll happen in season 10 or 15 (which won’t be fun for anyone if things don‘t change fast).

Katrin and her husband Cem are complete opposites from Christian, Angela and Horst. They‘re a loving couple who like most of the other cast members, including Angela, Horst, Christian, Sahra, Dietmar, Andrea and Martin. They’ve had threesomes with pretty much all of them in the past, so they aren’t averse to ‘working’ with Angela, Horst and Christian again. The problem is that except for Angela, no one really wants to ‘work‘ with them atm as they’re determined to save the entire cast, the entire neighbourhood and the entire city, plus make sure season 10 to 15 are fun as well, which is nearly impossible to achieve all at once.

I expect Angela will eventually get everyone to come together in the delayed season premiere. But after four or five episodes, Horst will start a feud with Katrin and Cem and the whole thing will get so messy and alienate viewers so much that ending the season prematurely will be CEO Steinmeier‘s only option.
I have very little knowledge about German politics but this was amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
User avatar
samra
Superstar
 
Posts: 9886
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby stevyy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 pm

amazing Rihab. If "the Bundestag" were a daily soap... it'd be so much fun to watch.

I just hope crazy hot, brown and millionaire Christian delivers his lines with some heart and compassion and doesn't use his new leading role in a drama series to start fishing for quick Emmy votes.

I like how in the new trailer, they gave Frauke this twist-like storyline. I hope it plays out cute. I don't trust her tho... not after all the shady staging she pulled on Bernd L. - Tic Tac Toe press conference style.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 47910
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby heppolo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 pm

She might follow the cast of a previous big show and go east for a mischevous money grab after the show gets cancelled
Gerhard Schröder insists Rosneft job 'not a problem'
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 14285
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Rihab » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 pm

FDP have left the coalition talks. :o :o

If that‘s their final decision we might have to vote again in a couple of weeks and it‘ll probably be the end of Merkel. :o :o
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Rihab » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Why is this topic in ‘Celebrity Gossip‘ anyway?? :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 pm

^ times are changing in Europe!
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 47303
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby flopho » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 pm

oh my
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
User avatar
flopho
Legend
 
Posts: 10482
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012
Location: Qəbələ, Azerbaijan

Postby heppolo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 pm

next elections and AfD in power
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 14285
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Brexit set off a chain reaction of bad decisions in Europe.

Or maybe we blame the US and the decision to vote in Trump.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 47303
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Rihab » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 pm

Wayne wrote:^ times are changing in Europe!
Thanks for moving this. :wink:

I‘m a little scared tbh. New elections due to failed coalition talks are unprecedented in German post-war history.
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:12 pm

Another day. Another drama.

I honestly don't want to vote again. Even though I think that AfD will lose votes, I don't want SPD to get stronger whilst FDP and GRÜNE lose some votes (which they will, for sure, since both parties are responsible of not making Jamaica happen & Merkel is like invincible).
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12916
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Rihab » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:13 pm

I hope FDP drops out of parliament again tbh. They‘re the one‘s to blame for this. CDU (as much as I dislike them) and Greens tried their best.
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17259
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby flopho » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 pm

some people considering a Bahamas coalition tho Image :lol:
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
User avatar
flopho
Legend
 
Posts: 10482
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012
Location: Qəbələ, Azerbaijan

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Rihab wrote:I hope FDP drops out of parliament tbh. They‘re the one‘s to blame for it. CDU (as much as I dislike them) and Greens tried their best.
How?

I mean, nothing is over yet and at least, FDP has learnt to not follow Merkel blindly. If they don't trust their potential partners and if they can't agree on important things, they should they continue pretending that everything is fine just so that in the end, they will be part of a government they can't back up 100%? - It's like SPD not wanting to make compromises with the CDU and most people were celebrating it like crazy. - I agree with Lindner: It's better to do nothing at all instead of doing things you don't believe/trust in.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12916
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Return to World News & Politics