Katy Perry new 'American Idol' judge

Moderator: biscuits

Postby spiritboy » Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 am

Why should it be a bad move? She's probably gonna earn good money from this.
Katy Perry is over
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:09 am

American Idol should stay off the air. The winners never do anything. My thoughts on Katy judging get those coins :lol:
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Sat May 20, 2017 1:24 am

In the United States, "American Idol" is the only show that has produced credible and solid music stars tho (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, etc).

"The Voice" may be seen as "cooler" these days, but still to this date I haven't seen an actual big star coming out of that show, well, Melanie Martinez did, but not like Kelly or Carrie hit.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat May 20, 2017 5:06 am

MrLeonix wrote:In the United States, "American Idol" is the only show that has produced credible and solid music stars tho (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, etc).

"The Voice" may be seen as "cooler" these days, but still to this date I haven't seen an actual big star coming out of that show, well, Melanie Martinez did, but not like Kelly or Carrie hit.
I know a handful of Idols winners. I know no artist attached to Voice. I know Melanie but never knew she was part of it :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Jesper » Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 am

MrLeonix wrote:"The Voice" may be seen as "cooler" these days, but still to this date I haven't seen an actual big star coming out of that show, well, Melanie Martinez did, but not like Kelly or Carrie hit.
The voice only seems to excist to give some underperforming artists a nice extra check, and for Blake and Adam to be able to live their bromance :lol: replace the contestants with dolls, puppets or even cats and dogs and you probably get the same ratings :lol: :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun May 21, 2017 11:30 am

The Voice is getting old, it's pretty much a vehicle for artists to get career buzz again. At least with American Idol, artists like Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban are very articulate in judging the contestants even if they use the show to promote their music. Katy is probably going to be like Nicki Minaj or Mariah Carey, using the show for publicity more than anything.
GetBack
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Do they really pay her $25m? If so, then she did a very clever move by accepting the offer.
Katy Perry is over
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 pm

KATY PERRY SCORES $25 MILLION DEAL For 'American Idol'

Katy Perry is getting a staggering $25 MILLION to judge "American Idol" ... this according to sources familiar with the negotiation.

Multiple sources tell us ABC was desperate to sign a name before the Upfronts last week, when honchos announced she was the lead judge. As one source put it, "Katy had all the leverage. If ABC ended up announcing the show without a judge, they'd be screwed."

TMZ broke a story way back in 2012 that 'A.I.' was trying to get Katy as a judge but she rejected the network's $20 mil offer.

As we reported, ABC tried to get Kelly Clarkson but at the last minute she jumped ship and went to NBC's "The Voice." NBC also snagged Jennifer Hudson.

We're also told ABC is "on the verge" of signing the deal with Ryan Seacrest to host the show. Sources connected with the first run of 'Idol' tell us Ryan was making $15 mil a season at his high point. We're told Jennifer Lopez was also raking in $15 mil a season. So Katy blew them both away.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/22/katy-perr ... crest-abc/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Serby » Mon May 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Yup, she wins.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Loveguru » Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 am

Serby wrote:Yup, she wins.
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Hugo » Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am

SWISH SWISH BISH, 'notha million in da basket!!
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:52 pm

25 milly? That's more than what Merier Care got. Slay a bit, Kae-T.

Postby jpguy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:26 pm

That's a ton lotta money! I hope it doesn't flop like Britney's X FActor gig where she paid millions of millions and the show was a disaster.
::: BTS - EXO - Blackpink - Utada - Ayumi - BoA :::
jpguy
Legend

Return to News & Gossip