The Manchester Arena terrorist attack (May 2017)

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Storyteller » Wed May 31, 2017 11:17 am

Gravity wrote:People always trying to spin something positive and harmless into something negative, no wonder the world is so f***** up :roll:
Yep :roll:

That was lovely of him :(
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby spiritboy » Wed May 31, 2017 11:59 am

I can't believe people have the nerve to criticise him. He certainly didn't have to do that, yet he did. Apparently the girls is a 1D fan. So i suggest don't judge people before you know the facts.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 pm

biscuits wrote:
Wayne wrote:How dare that very mean Harry Styles phone a children's hospital and lift the spirits of a young girl who recently suffered due to a terrorist attack! How dare he!!
Calm ya tits

For me, the choice of words is bizarre. I love you? Weird thing to say
You calm ya tits - if you don't like what he's said, naff off and shurrup. :lol:

There's always someone, dragging people down - does my tits in.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Jesper » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:15 am

spiritboy wrote:I can't believe people have the nerve to criticise him. He certainly didn't have to do that, yet he did. Apparently the girls is a 1D fan. So i suggest don't judge people before you know the facts.
yeah appearently the girlis a big 1D fan who comes from the same area he was from, so ofcourse he would feel more 'connected' to call that fan and comfort her as idol.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Hugo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:39 pm

This is the reality I'm afraid.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Y'all being too nitpicky. That was a nice gesture. end of. :roll:
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:11 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Universal Music Group Donating $500,000 to Manchester Victims

"The Universal Music Group global family is proud to stand with Ariana Grande and its other performing artists in their support for the victims and families affected by the Manchester attack with a combined donation of $500,000 to the 'We Love Manchester Emergency Fund,'" the record company said in a statement.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ims-500000
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby jpguy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 am

Gravity wrote:People always trying to spin something positive and harmless into something negative, no wonder the world is so f***** up :roll:
Exactly. always that stupid thinking and twisting things to a negative side. The internet is so full of drama queens who see stuff that is only in their nasty mind.
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby android » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:03 am

Says it all really just look at the joy in the youngster. :P

android
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:04 am

I wonder if we didn't have these issues if Western countries wouldn't have invaded the Middle East in the 80s (until today). On the other side, we don't know if the world looked better today ...
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:08 am

KokoCollino wrote:I wonder if we didn't have these issues if Western countries wouldn't have invaded the Middle East in the 80s (until today). On the other side, we don't know if the world looked better today ...
We probably wouldn't have these issues.
However, we wouldn't have these issues either if we hadn't let them in.

It's a two sided coin. Not only the Western communities are too blame.

I mean, there are terrorists killing people in Philippines, Kazakhstan, Indonesia as well.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:11 am

Do you know what the reasons are? Like ... Is this just a "spin-off" of the IS or does it have its own origins in these regions (like hate on Soviet/US/Western invasion as a reason for the IS hate against Europe/Western world)
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 am

KokoCollino wrote:Do you know what the reasons are? Like ... Is this just a "spin-off" of the IS or does it have its own origins in these regions (like hate on Soviet/US/Western invasion as a reason for the IS hate against Europe/Western world)
I think it's their demand of adapting the Sharia law, living the "real Islam" because these attacks are targeted towards people of the same origin. Lately, IS-sympathisers kill people in that Southern region in the Philippines who are not able to quote the Quran correctly. I think it is targeted at all people who are not living the same way like they do (radical Islam). They want to ecpand their idelogy rather than taking revenge for historical incidents.

I mean, the Western socities are highly responsible for the instable governments, industries, political relationships in and between several states in the Middle East but it us so easy to say "The West is to blame". People should finally understand that the radical form of the Islam is an ideology which demands to be expand to other territories, to spread terror and radial beliefs, etc. and that some Muslims like to choose that path.
It is a mixture of both components and I think this needs to be understood first to finally find an answer to decrease the chances of upcoming attacks.

Btw, people should listen to Hamed Abdel Samad much more!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:41 am

Mainshow wrote:
KokoCollino wrote:I wonder if we didn't have these issues if Western countries wouldn't have invaded the Middle East in the 80s (until today). On the other side, we don't know if the world looked better today ...

I mean, there are terrorists killing people in Philippines, Kazakhstan, Indonesia as well.
you cannot be serious. So your solution is to not accept war refugees who happen to be Muslim? Try getting that law passed in any democracy without making a joke out of the international convention for human rights.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:50 am

stevyy wrote:
Mainshow wrote:

you cannot be serious. So your solution is to not accept war refugees who happen to be Muslim? Try getting that law passed in any democracy without making a joke out of the international convention for human rights.
Actually, I am very serious.
But you didn't get the content why I said it correctly because you probably had been immediately offended by what I said but it was clearly meant to be different:
It wasn't my intention to demand a "Muslim-free Europe". That's simply racist, inhumane, islamophob.

My intention was to show that this would be "an easy solution to the problem like KokoCollino's "if the West hadn't invaded XY in year XY". I basically chose a paradox to weaken another one:

One can't blame just one "side". There are even more than two sides involved in the situation we are facing right now.
Historical invasions of countries in the Middle East are part of the reason as well as some Muslims who came to the West choosing the path of following radical Islam. Some terrorists having received the best possible education as well (So "education is the key" would be too simple either). Some just want to expand the radical Islam ideology instead of assimilation, integration, instead of choosing a peaceful relationship to the Islam.

I used my example to empahsis my point that a single thesis like "if the west didn't..." would be too simple to function ad the solution or explanation for the current problematic situation.
It would be the same like what I've mentioned.
Last edited by Mainshow on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 am

Mainshow wrote:
stevyy wrote:
Mainshow wrote:

I am very serious.
But you didn't get it correctly because you were offended by what I said but it was clearly diffetentv
That wasn't my intention to demand a "Muslim-free Europe". That's simply racist, inhumane, islamophob.

My intention was to show that this would be "an easy solution to the problem like "if the West hadn't invaded XY in year XY".

One can't blame just one "side". There are even more than two sides involved in the situation we are facing right now.
Historical invasions of countries in the Middle East are part of the reason as well as some Muslims who came to the West choosing the path of following radical Islam. Some terrorists having received the best possible education as well (So "education is the key" would be too simple either). Some just want to expand the radical Islam ideology instead of assimilation, integration, instead of choosing a peaceful relationship to the Islam.

I used my example to empahsis my point that a single thesis like "if the west didn't..." would be too simple to function ad the solution or explanation for the current problematic situation.
Sorry but I find that entire post full of bull crap. You either commit personal attacks of terror on people or you don't. It's as simple as that.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:59 am

Mainshow wrote:
stevyy wrote:
Mainshow wrote:

I am very serious.
But you didn't get it correctly because you were offended by what I said but it was clearly diffetentv
That wasn't my intention to demand a "Muslim-free Europe". That's simply racist, inhumane, islamophob.

My intention was to show that this would be "an easy solution to the problem like "if the West hadn't invaded XY in year XY".

Well the United States (and UK) got rid of a western government in Iran in the 1950's... then sided with Saddam, then with Osama Bin laden, then invaded Afghanistan and then Iraq and then Libya... The thing is... that the countries most responsible for the destabilisation of the Middle East and funding of fundamental Islamism are the ones not predominantly hurt by terrorist attacks and or refuse dealing with refugees which they have caused.

All this will do is help creating another generation of fundamental ppl on both sides. I like your idea of better integration/education tho. And maybe the WEST has to expell known ISIS supporters earlier. Germany has one of the largest numbers of ISIS fighters in the WORLD at roughly 800.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:13 am

stevyy wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
stevyy wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
I am very serious.

Well the United States (and UK) got rid of a western government in Iran in the 1950's... then sided with Saddam, then with Osama Bin laden, then invaded Afghanistan and then Iraq and then Libya... The thing is... that the countries most responsible for the destabilisation of the Middle East and funding of fundamental Islamism are the ones not predominantly hurt by terrorist attacks and or refuse dealing with refugees which they have caused.

All this will do is help creating another generation of fundamental ppl on both sides. I like your idea of better integration/education tho. And maybe the WEST has to expell known ISIS supporters earlier. Germany has one of the largest numbers of ISIS fighters in the WORLD at roughly 800.
I agree with everything you said.
Maybe I should have been more careful with my wording but I explained my intention very well shortly afterwards, I think.

All I wanted to say is that it would be too easy to blame only history (caused by Western societies). There is no simply solution. It is a mixture of many different aspects.

+ I can't at someone calling my post to be "full of bull crap" and that "eiher on commit an attack or not".
It is important to get to know why this happens and we finally need to take all sides, components into account: Western foreign policies in the Middle East throughout history and their colonalization, military actions // current deals to sell weapons // education // not treating Islam the same way like Christianity (no real plans to educate Imams at universities, Islam as a subject at schools, cemetries, all rights and duties) // much needed exegesis of the Quran and its status as a historical book // radical Islam as an ideology and its demand to expand.. and I am sure there are more factors to be added.

If we don't understand this, we will be stuck in this limbo, blaming just others or us / one "side" and continue giving opportunities and time to fundamentalists to grow.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:23 am

I agree with you now completely. Thank you for explaining it further. I am just so very disappointed in the GP and EU politicians who never acknowledged that they all caused it with their greed and act all shocked and surprised when ISIS fights back.

I am a teacher, I have to deal with refugees as they have reached the school I am teaching at. We have around 30 refugees, children aged 7-16. And they are good kids. They may not always know "etiquette" but how could they. I find it so absurd to promote a Muslim ban or treat the whole religion as a scapegoat for the few who become terrorists. I hate that.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Anyone who would like to celebrate Martyn Hett's life is invited to his funeral

The funeral of Martyn Hett will take place at the end of this month and his family have invited ‘anyone who would like to celebrate his life’.

The social media icon and Coronation Street superfan was among the 22 people killed in the bombing at Manchester Arena on May 22.

Martyn’s funeral service will be held at Stockport Town Hall on Friday, June 30, from 12 noon, with the service commencing at 12.30pm.

A large turnout is anticipated, and the service will also be live screened outdoors on the plaza adjacent to the town hall, so that everyone who wants to can participate.

A statement released by Martyn’s family said: “As a family we wish to invite anybody who would like to attend to celebrate Martyn’s life. We respectfully ask for privacy once the service has concluded and that only people who have been formally invited attend both the cremation and wake, which will be family and close friends only.

“We would like to thank everybody who comes to join us on what will be a very emotional day for all involved with this tragic event.”

They have also asked for family flowers only, and requested that any memorial donations are given to children’s cancer charity Kidscan, Beechwood Children’s Bereavement Service, and Beacon Counselling.

To donate visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... MartynHett
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... e-13192223
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:10 am

They finally held the funeral for Martyn yesterday and it was live streamed on ITV, the MEN news channels - it was enormously sad.

Nick Grimshaw, Jason Manford and Mariah Carey (!!!!) all sent condolences via video messages and at the end of the service, one of his favourite singers sang one of his favourite songs - Michelle McManus sang All This Time. This was the tribute video they played for him...

If that doesn't motivate you to get up and do something today, nothing will. #RIPMartyn
Wayne
Administrator

Postby stevyy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:36 pm

i am legit crying.

once again, RIP my friend.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 pm

Wayne wrote:They finally held the funeral for Martyn yesterday and it was live streamed on ITV, the MEN news channels - it was enormously sad.

Nick Grimshaw, Jason Manford and Mariah Carey (!!!!) all sent condolences via video messages and at the end of the service, one of his favourite singers sang one of his favourite songs - Michelle McManus sang All This Time. This was the tribute video they played for him...

If that doesn't motivate you to get up and do something today, nothing will. #RIPMartyn
Why did they wait so long to have his funeral?

What a beautiful video.
He seemed like such a beautiful, carefree soul :P
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Return to World News & Politics