Terror attack on Mosque in London

Moderator: biscuits

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am

UK is a mess. Politicians claim that we are all united in the face of terror, but that's BS.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 am

biscuits wrote:UK is a mess. Politicians claim that we are all united in the face of terror, but that's BS.
As long as you have Muslim British citizens justifying Manchester beacause "Syrian children die(d)" and Christians/other British citizens saying that what happened today "is justified because of the previous attacks" in the UK, politicans need to stop telling lies.

I'm positive that most people think otherwise but the UK seems to have major problems with extremism lately and it's shocking that people utter their racist and radical views openly, tbh.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Latest update:

London Ambulance has confirmed that eight people have been taken to three London hospitals after being injured in the attack. Others were treated at the scene for minor injuries, it said in an update.

The first of 60 paramedics arrived within 14 minutes of the first emergency call, according to Peter McKenna, deputy director of operations.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... ve-updates

Hopefully, they will recover/get well very soon!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Imam 'protected attacker from mob'

Imam Mohammed Mahmoud has described how he protected the attacker from an angry mob, after he was pinned down at the scene.

Speaking to reporters he said:

We arrived at the scene within minutes and we found the assailant on the floor. He had been restrained by around three people. We found a group of people quickly started to collect around the assailant. And some tried to hit him, either kicks or punches. By God’s grace we manage to surround him and to protect him from any harm. We stopped all forms of attack and abuse towards him that were coming from every angle.

A police van drove past so we flagged them down we told them the situation. There’s a man he’s restrained. He mowed down a group of people and there’s a mob attempting to hurt him.

Mahmoud, who is imam at the Muslim Welfare Centre, said the attacker was unharmed by the crowd. He added: “We pushed the people back. He didn’t say a word. It wasn’t me alone. There was a group of brothers.

“He seemed calmed. I just heard he said ‘I did my bit’. It is a tragic and barbaric terrorist attack.”
source: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... ve-updates

The Imam was a real hero! - I mean, part of me thinks that the attacker deserves to be hit (or more) but in the end, the Imam calmed down, brought clarity to the scene and he was really brave! The best example of how peaceful Imams can be, how they can respect the British laws and waited for the police to arrive so that the attacker could get arrested and brought to justice, etc.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Something's happening in Paris right now.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 pm

The headlines that are being used by the Daily Mail to describe this attack is beyond sickening. Seriously, what people work at this so-called 'paper'.

There is also some controvery here in the Netherlands as barely any of our news outlets are describing this as a terrorist attack :roll: :roll: I don't understand why it's so hard to see this as a terrorist attack- it's plain simple!
i'm no child, but i don't feel grown up
Fan
Legend

Postby Serby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Terorism crash course 101

Muslim person attacking christian person/country

Everythig else is barely ever called terrorism.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Thriller » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Sad that when I see this news now it just kind of washes over me. Seems it's a British white father of four who was on a mission to kill a Muslim person.

Will the media be asking who radicalised him?
Thriller

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Serby wrote:Terorism crash course 101

Muslim person attacking christian person/country

Everythig else is barely ever called terrorism.
Guys. Can you guys stop stating this?

This attack has been treated as a terror attack after shortly after it happened. The UK press, the UK politicians, the police, they all treat it like that and it has been announced that way.

In general, continental European media is quite "careful" with this label anyway, e.g. even with Manchester or Berlin, we didn't use that word until it was backed up by official sources, etc. It took even hours/or days to acknowledge it as a "terror attack".

And we had Muslims attacking people here in Düsseldorf with an axe at the train station & a Muslim refugee killing a Polish woman with a machete on the streets and none of these attacks got treated as "terror attacks" by our media.

I think that your comments (which are kinda wrong because this attack got treated as a terror attack) spread some "anger towards the Western media/society because of "labelling attacks differently" which is NOT THE CASE", thank you ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:32 pm

A lot of news outlets are reporting this as terrorism, which is a nice suprise
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Looks like a right scumbag. Fortunately he didn't cause as much damage as he had promised. After all, he vowed to 'kill all Muslims'.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:44 pm

:evil:

I can't believe someone has the will to kill innocent people.

I have no words for this **** asshole, tbh. He deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Rihab » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 pm

biscuits wrote:A lot of news outlets are reporting this as terrorism, which is a nice suprise
Rihab
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 am

Rihab wrote:
biscuits wrote:A lot of news outlets are reporting this as terrorism, which is a nice suprise
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Guru » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:12 am

Did y'all see that mess about Daily Mails article titled "White bearded man" :roll: :roll: :roll:
UK is a mess these days! Europe is to some part.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby EAI » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:39 am

F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Also, can y'all make J.K. Rowling PM or Queen or both already?
Rihab
Legend

Postby biscuits » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Guru wrote:Did y'all see that mess about Daily Mails article titled "White bearded man" :roll: :roll: :roll:
UK is a mess these days! Europe is to some part.
Actually it was 'clean shaven white man'

But either way, what's the problem? At least they highlighted he was white?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Serby » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Isn't beard k8nd of very terrorist alike,maybe im reading into it but sounds a bit as if they trying to make him sound less typical terrorist
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicLover88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Rihab wrote:Also, can y'all make J.K. Rowling PM or Queen or both already?
I love her.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby EAI » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 am

The 17 year old Muslim girl who was killed and dumped in a pond a few days back had a memorial that was set on fire today.

Meanwhile, it's still not considered a hate crime.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Serby » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 am

:-? :-? :-?
Serby
Dr. Serby

Return to News & Gossip