Seriously some people can't stand someone else's success
get a life
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:14 am

He does not bother me, I do not listen to the radio unless I have to, no one is forcing me to follow him on social media or read his interviews.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 am

Nippian93 wrote:He does not bother me, I do not listen to the radio unless I have to, no one is forcing me to follow him on social media or read his interviews.
Exactly
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:19 pm

I agree with the above but I am curious to ask those who dislike him - what is it about him you dislike?
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:51 pm

BlankSpace wrote:Seriously some people can't stand someone else's success
get a life
Honey, you're the one getting all worked up over people's negative opinions on him, so perhaps YOU should get a life? :lol:

Literally no one is attacking you for your positive opinion on him, so why do you feel the constant need to attack everyone for their negative opinion?
We're living in a pluralistic society, it's totally fine for people to disagree sometimes. There's nothing wrong with them having different opinions or preferences, you really don't have to try so hard to convince everyone of yours, call them jealous or whatever. It only comes off as insecure.

You like Ed Sheeran? Good for you. We don't? Please leave us alone, too.
Rihab
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:56 pm

get a life
It was actually pretty lighthearted before you had to push it straight to negativity and start a thing...
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Muzikritik wrote:I agree with the above but I am curious to ask those who dislike him - what is it about him you dislike?
This is a good example for why I can't stand him as a person / artist:

He basically admits to being a label puppet. He clearly doesn't see music as art, he sees it as a product. He's only doing it for the money. He doesn't want to send a message, he just wants to be on top of the charts. He's cocky and condescending. He thinks he's better than non-mainstream artists because he's selling more than them. He sees taking risks and doing your own thing as something stupid. He doesn't respect legends who are past their peak and blames that on them being self-righteous. He's just super unlikable.

Being a good singer and a good guitar player doesn't make up for that imo, especially when the music is nothing special.
Rihab
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Rihab wrote:
get a life
Honey, you're the one getting all worked up over people's negative opinions on him, so perhaps YOU should get a life? :lol:

Literally no one is attacking you for your positive opinion on him, so why do you feel the constant need to attack everyone for their negative opinion?
We're living in a pluralistic society, it's totally fine for people to disagree sometimes. There's nothing wrong with them having different opinions or preferences, you really don't have to try so hard to convince everyone of yours, call them jealous or whatever. It only comes off as insecure.

You like Ed Sheeran? Good for you. We don't? Please leave us alone, too.
you're in a Ed thread
if you don't like him why do you even bother coming to his threads??
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm

MrDiva wrote:
get a life
It was actually pretty lighthearted before you had to push it straight to negativity and start a thing...
"he should delete his career"
if it sounds lighthearted to you then im sorry i didn't get the joke
btw you should delete your account
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Rihab wrote:
Muzikritik wrote:I agree with the above but I am curious to ask those who dislike him - what is it about him you dislike?
This is a good example for why I can't stand him as a person / artist:

He basically admits to being a label puppet. He clearly doesn't see music as art, he sees it as a product. He's only doing it for the money. He doesn't want to send a message, he just wants to be on top of the charts. He's cocky and condescending. He thinks he's better than non-mainstream artists because he's selling more than them. He sees taking risks and doing your own thing as something stupid. He doesn't respect legends who are past their peak and blames that on them being self-righteous. He's just super unlikable.

Being a good singer and a good guitar player doesn't make up for that imo, especially when the music is nothing special.
wow you could be a great movie-script writer
i applaud your assuming capability
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby theArmy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:05 pm

I've seen his interviews, he's super nice and really clever. If he said he doesn't want to be like some artists, then he has the right to say it, especially if he ain't giving names.

The hate on him on music forums is really unneccassary, regular people couldn't care less if he's a douche or not, didn't hurt Bieber a tiny bit.
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:13 pm

theArmy wrote:I've seen his interviews, he's super nice and really clever. If he said he doesn't want to be like some artists, then he has the right to say it, especially if he ain't giving names.

The hate on him on music forums is really unneccassary, regular people couldn't care less if he's a douche or not, didn't hurt Bieber a tiny bit.
tbh some people are desperate to find a reason to hate
him.
if he's nice - He's Fake
if he's ambitious - He's arrogant
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 pm

theArmy wrote:I've seen his interviews, he's super nice and really clever. If he said he doesn't want to be like some artists, then he has the right to say it, especially if he ain't giving names.

+1
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Don't listen to Ed Sheeran, 'cause you'll get ear cancer and die. Don't listen to Ed Sheeran at home. Don't listen to Ed Sheeran outside.
Just don't do it, promise?
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Rihab » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:34 pm

BlankSpace wrote:you're in a Ed thread
To let people know and see if others feel the same. Cause even though I don't feel the urge to always fit in and be part of the majority, it's good to know I'm not completely alone with my opinion. :wink:
Rihab
Legend

Postby Muzikritik » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Rihab wrote:He basically admits to being a label puppet. He clearly doesn't see music as art, he sees it as a product. He's only doing it for the money. He doesn't want to send a message, he just wants to be on top of the charts. He's cocky and condescending. He thinks he's better than non-mainstream artists because he's selling more than them. He sees taking risks and doing your own thing as something stupid. He doesn't respect legends who are past their peak and blames that on them being self-righteous. He's just super unlikable.

I see what you're saying here. And thank you for your response to my question too.

I personally see this quote as potentially showing some humility in that he is still open enough to listen to the opinions of others and isn't so fussed on going the "I'll release whatever the f I want 'cause I'm Ed Sheeran" kinda route.

To me, Ed and Adele are the biggest musicians in the world largely because they are the least offensive to the majority... they're white, they're straight and their songs (as much as I like some) are very safe. They won't dress strange or talk smack about others. You can listen to them. Your mum can. Your girl can listen to them. Your boy can too. And neither will feel jealous of their partner for liking them because they're not the traditional sense of pop-superstar-hotness (an issue that has stalled plenty of womens pop success and im sure a few men too) Safe as houses.

That said, and as I have read in the past, he is still very focused on chart success. As a creative person and musician, I'm inclined to want him to be more willing to take risks for artistic reasons and screw the guaranteed success and yet, the human being in me feels like it's often ego that pushes artists to do things against the advice of those who helped them achieve initial success, which I don't find attractive a trait either. Kinda torn. :-?
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:44 pm

That safeness makes him so unrelateable for me tho
This safeness completely ruins artistic integrity imo
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:50 pm

He writes his music, play the instruments and sings the songs. If any of the pop girls you guys stan for had half the talent Ed had, you'd be praising them to moon and back. :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:53 pm

spiritboy wrote:He writes his music, play the instruments and sings the songs. If any of the pop girls you guys stan for had half the talent Ed had, you'd be praising them to moon and back. :lol:
His vocal technique is very bad tho
The way he breathes in is really bad and makes pretty disgusting sounds
His songs might be better sung by someone else
I might like them

Also he is the fave artist of my ex bf haha
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:00 pm

MrDiva wrote:
spiritboy wrote:He writes his music, play the instruments and sings the songs. If any of the pop girls you guys stan for had half the talent Ed had, you'd be praising them to moon and back. :lol:
His vocal technique is very bad tho
The way he breathes in is really bad and makes pretty disgusting sounds
His songs might be better sung by someone else
I might like them

Also he is the fave artist of my ex bf haha
Well, you have good excuse then :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:05 pm

“The other night she came over and listened to half of 25 songs I played her because she's still looking for songs for her new album,” Sia told BBC Radio 2 . "She was there clearly to listen to songs and see if there was anything that she was into. It was a business, like, meeting, for sure. She took four.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ent ... /77348658/
Beyonce Takes Credit for 'Writing' Songs
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/10/18 ... songs.html
This is called taking risk i guess
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby theArmy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Rihab wrote:
To let people know and see if others feel the same. Cause even though I don't feel the urge to always fit in and be part of the majority, it's good to know I'm not completely alone with my opinion. :wink:
That'd be admirable if it wasn't a situation where ur looking for the negative in things, I'd rather be out soaking in sunlight than criticizing a damn Ed Sheeran.
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:10 pm

theArmy wrote:
Rihab wrote:
That'd be admirable if it wasn't a situation where ur looking for the negative in things, I'd rather be out soaking in sunlight than criticizing a damn Ed Sheeran.
Omg :lol: +1 such a waste of energy
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:18 pm

^ Aren't half y'all posts a waste of energy?
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Bojan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Rihab wrote:Can he quit his career?
Let's start a petition! :lol:

Mine is doing all of that and even more than that. :P It's great that Ed can do it too but he's not doing it very well, and I agree with Pitchfork: 2.8/10
Last edited by Bojan on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bojan
Manager

Return to World News & Politics