USA - Charlottesville: 3 dead, 34 injured (far right rally)

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Charlottesville: State of emergency over US far-right rally

Officials in Charlottesville in the US state of Virginia have declared a state of emergency ahead of a large march by white nationalists.

Thousands of people are expected to join the "Unite the Right" rally against plans to remove a statue of a pro-slavery US Civil War general.

Violent clashes between far-right groups and counter-protesters have left at least two injured, police say.

President Donald Trump has condemned the violence.

On Twitter, he said: "We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!"

Earlier, police fired tear gas against demonstrators, who were throwing bottles and using pepper spray, and said that arrests had been made after a declaration of unlawful assembly at Emancipation Park.

The state of emergency allows local authorities to request additional resources if needed, the police department said.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40912509
Looks to be very serious.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Biebz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:12 pm

North Korea, you know what to do.
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm

BREAKING: Multiple injuries reported after car strikes crowd in Charlottesville, police say http://cnn.it/2vx8Omw
Wayne
Administrator

Postby jonasmileynlt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:39 pm

The Trump effect is in full swing. I'm so sick to my stomach over what's going on in my country.
You're like a bad penny =)
jonasmileynlt
Manager

Postby jonasmileynlt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Biebz wrote:North Korea, you know what to do.
I assure we are not all bad, but there sure are a ton of these types especially here in Texas! This is pure evil and sickness.

I am so ashamed
You're like a bad penny =)
jonasmileynlt
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:40 pm

One person has been killed amid violent clashes between white nationalists attending a far-right march and protesters in the US state of Virginia.

The mayor of Charlottesville - where the "Unite the Right" rally was due - confirmed one fatality, without giving further details.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby theArmy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

it should really be legal to just shoot them down. Sorry for my basic a-c yet most rational comment.
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm

None of this surprises me.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Trump condemns 'hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides' in Charlottesville

Bridgewater, New Jersey (CNN)President Donald Trump condemned hate "on many sides" in response to violent white nationalist protests and a terror attack Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides," Trump said during a short statement from his private golf club in New Jersey. "It has been going on for a long time in our country -- not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America."

The President did not mention white nationalists and the alt-right movement in his remarks, and later called for a "study" of the "situation."

At least one person was killed and 19 injured when a speeding car slammed into another car that was navigating through a throng of counterprotesters, according to a statement released on the City of Charlottesville's verified Twitter account.

Trump billed the event as a press conference but failed to take any questions on Saturday. Reporters attempted to ask the President whether he condemns white nationalists or if he considers the car slamming into counterprotesters terrorism. Trump, in the past, has been quick to label foreign events terrorism and has slammed fellow politicians for not quickly labeling attacks as terrorism.

At one point the President also touted economic improvements, saying the nation's unemployment rate was the lowest in 17 years. Trump said he was dismayed by the violence: "we have so many incredible things happening in our country, so when I watch Charlottesville, to me it is very, very sad."

Trump closed his remarks on Charlottesville urging people to remember "no matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first."

"We love our country, we love our God, we love our flag, we are proud of our country, we are proud of who we are," he said. "So, we want to get this situation straightened out in Charlottesville and we want to study it, and we want to see what we are doing wrong as a country where things like this can happen."

Earlier Saturday, Trump, who is on his 17-day vacation in New Jersey, urged people to "come together as one" in response to the protests but did not explicitly mention the white nationalist origins of the conflict.

"We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for," he wrote on Twitter. "There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!"

Trump, who also signed a Veterans Affairs health care bill Saturday afternoon, later tweeted: "Am in Bedminster for meetings & press conference on V.A. & all that we have done, and are doing, to make it better-but Charlottesville sad!"

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/polit ... index.html
Of course he didn't mention those people - they represent a significant contingent of his voting support.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

https://twitter.com/juliusgoat/status/8 ... 1832925184

Short but amazing Twitter feed/rant.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Terrible, and Trump is largely responsible for this sorry state of affairs.
Thriller

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Tweet.PNG
Tweet.PNG (543.36 KiB) Viewed 632 times

Powerful stuff.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:16 pm

^Wow. :o :cry:

As a black man myself, I could never. That would be the day I lost my police job if I was I cop. I'd "attack" them myself.

Like...Mr. Orange man is literally gonna distroy this country. And all the powers that can stop him are most likely teaming with him and are on his side smh,
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby theArmy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Wayne wrote:
Tweet.PNG

Powerful stuff.
This photo will go down in history.
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 pm

According to Sky News, 3 people confirmed dead, 34 injured so far.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Rihab » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 am

How is participating in a 'white nationalist' rally, wearing a KKK robe in public, carrying a 'Jews are Satans Children' sign and flaunting the Confederate flag even legal..? :o :-?
Rihab
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:24 am

Rihab wrote:How is participating in a 'white nationalist' rally, wearing a KKK robe in public, carrying a 'Jews are Satans Children' sign and flaunting the Confederate flag even legal..? :o :-?
America is f**ked, that's how. They tout themselves as the best country in the world but they are really anything but.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 am

Y'all go room in your countries for me? Lord!!! :cry:
TIfan
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:21 am

Sis, just move to Europe. But than again we have racist fukers her too.

Rihab wrote:How is participating in a 'white nationalist' rally, wearing a KKK robe in public, carrying a 'Jews are Satans Children' sign and flaunting the Confederate flag even legal..? :o :-?
Right of Free Speech of some bull like that.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Rihab » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:40 am

Serby wrote:
Other countries have free speech too but sh*t like that is illegal..
Rihab
Legend

Postby Crackiswack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 am

There is video evidence of these supremacists yelling "Heil Trump!"

!!!

Any sane person whose name is involved in this would have denounced these supremacists and their views in a clear and precise manner, not avoid discussing them as Trump did. The issue is that if he were to rail against these Nazis, he would have to walk the talk and fire two of his aides, Gorka and Bannon, as they are both affiliated with the "alt-right". This would not end well for Trump because Bannon (his chief strategist!!) was the executive of Breitbart News, the news media for the "alt-right", and therefore a substantial part of his rhetoric/message, if not his fanbase.

This is not the end of America. Racism and bigotry has been tattooed upon its history for all of us to see and to remember. This is simply a reminder that we still have lots of work to do.

On that note, RIP to the three that died due to this terrorist attack. It's saddening, these supremacists propagate that Muslims are terrorists, and should therefore be kept out of the United States. . . yet this supposed "uprising" of the white supremacists ended in deaths. If that is not terrorism, I don't know what is.
Last edited by Crackiswack on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 am

Rihab wrote:
Serby wrote:
Other countries have free speech too but sh*t like that is illegal..
If Americans feel that their free speech is being encroached upon, they will have a meltdown. The Founding Fathers ensured that free speech is guaranteed for all, even the worst of them.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Guru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 am

Car that rammed into people. Guy arrested.
https://twitter.com/rt_america/status/8 ... 3752471554

So sad what Trump has brought out in America. They were hidden all these decades until Trump brought out their real side.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 am

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:41 am

Wayne wrote:
Tweet.PNG

Powerful stuff.
Fuller version.

Guru
Guru

Return to World News & Politics