Van crashes into crowd in central Barcelona (14 dead)

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Horrific.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Thriller » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm

1 van and 13 dead, it's so horrifying. It could've been any one of us, I've walked down Las Ramblas so many times and this is the last thing that crosses your mind.
Thriller

Postby MrDiva » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Thriller wrote:1 van and 13 dead, it's so horrifying. It could've been any one of us, I've walked down Las Ramblas so many times and this is the last thing that crosses your mind.
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Thriller wrote:1 van and 13 dead, it's so horrifying. It could've been any one of us, I've walked down Las Ramblas so many times and this is the last thing that crosses your mind.
And 100 injured! Crazy what can happen in a moment of madness.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Postgenic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 pm

This attack had NOTHING to do with Islam. Islam is a religion of peace. Pray for Barcelona. Barcelona is united together with love, we will fight terrorism. Terrorism has no religion and 99% of muslims condemn this attack. 99% of muslims are peaceful. ISIS has nothing to do with Islam, the west is somewhat responsible since the west created ISIS and the west sells bombs to ISIS. This happens on a daily basis in Syria, Europe has to get used to terrorist attacks.
Postgenic
Groupie

Postby maroon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 pm

This has probably A LOT to do with islam. No matter how much "the west" might be responsible for wars in the Middle East (even though there has hardly been any peace in the region even without western interventions), almost every fanatic is religiously fuelled to kill. Religions are evil tools to manipulate people and none of them has peace as a goal in reality. ISIS based their ideology on Sharia Law which is an extreme version of islam. No matter how many Muslims condemn terrorism and are peaceful people, their religion (just as the one of Christians, Hindus, Jews etc.) is there to build walls, divisions, control and indoctrinate its members so that they don't think but just act a certain way. When will religious people realise how much they're manipulated?
maroon
Superstar

Location: Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)

Postby nympho » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 am

Police just killed 4 terrorist in Cambrills (Tarragona) in a gun battle when they were about to cause a new attack with a van. Apparently they had bomb belts.

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2017/08/18 ... 12944.html

https://twitter.com/nuevaalerta/status/ ... 0059732993

This is a nightmare.
nympho
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:19 am

maroon wrote:Religions are evil tools to manipulate people and none of them has peace as a goal in reality. ISIS based their ideology on Sharia Law which is an extreme version of islam. No matter how many Muslims condemn terrorism and are peaceful people, their religion (just as the one of Christians, Hindus, Jews etc.) is there to build walls, divisions, control and indoctrinate its members so that they don't think but just act a certain way. When will religious people realise how much they're manipulated?
I didn't agree with the first part of your post, as not all fanatics that end up killing people are religiously motivated (see Charlottesville). But this part is spot on.
Rihab
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 am

nympho wrote:Police just killed 4 terrorist in Cambrills (Tarragona) in a gun battle when they were about to cause a new attack with a van. Apparently they had bomb belts.

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2017/08/18 ... 12944.html

https://twitter.com/nuevaalerta/status/ ... 0059732993

This is a nightmare.
OMG... I'm scared. This is truly a nightmare :(
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 am

Its so crazy, my mom got back from Barcelona less than a week ago.

Rest in peace :cry:
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:01 am

Horrific attack - it's become so normal to see these sorts of terrorist arracks.

13 lives lost - countless families impacted.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby spiritboy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am

I don't know how we'll able to stop this from happening. We don't know how many brainwashed lunatics are there, waiting to attack. I wish there was a way we could destroy all these motherf***ers. :evil:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby xBFG » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:42 am

spiritboy wrote:I don't know how we'll able to stop this from happening. We don't know how many brainwashed lunatics are there, waiting to attack. I wish there was a way we could destroy all these motherf***ers. :evil:
Get rid of Islamic people from Europe. Europe for Europe

Simple
xBFG
Roadie

Postby DnBLover » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:47 am

Getting rid of people like you could also be an option.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:48 am

xBFG wrote:
spiritboy wrote:I don't know how we'll able to stop this from happening. We don't know how many brainwashed lunatics are there, waiting to attack. I wish there was a way we could destroy all these motherf***ers. :evil:

Simple
Gosh, please go away. :roll:
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Parkelife » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:52 am

xBFG wrote:

Simple
A very odd way of looking at it.
Parkelife
Roadie

Postby nympho » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:58 am

xBFG wrote:

Simple
What a nazi comment...
nympho
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:23 am

xBFG wrote:

Simple
Wow. I didn't know that Barron Trump was an ukmix user :o
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:31 am

Parkelife wrote:
xBFG wrote:

Simple
Nope, it's super common in Europe tbh, especially in his country.

Funny they don't complain when Europe was colonising the whole world. World for Europe I guess.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Serby » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 am

You do realise that half of the world wants us to not exist? You're a damn gay and still manage to be this ignorant. Who's to say we are not the next that 'don't belong here'?
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Carbon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:49 am

I know that being gay =/= being smart and openminded necessarily, but still...

Serby wrote:You do realise that half of the world wants us to not exist? You're a damn gay and still manage to be this ignorant. Who's to say we are not the next that 'don't belong here'?
+11111
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:53 am

Can xBFG be banned from this section of the board?
In a 4-day span, he's been doing racist comments concerning the news. From being happy about the KKK to this now...
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Odyssey » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:02 am

Tragic. So much mindless hate and aggression all over the world. I don't even know what can be done to stop all this.
Maybe western forces should retreat from their war actions in Middle East and leave it be. It hardly brought any good to anyone.
Odyssey
Personal Assistant

Postby nympho » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 am

A woman that was injured in hospital just died.
Up to 14 dead now. Sadly it seems the figure might still grow.
nympho
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 am

Serby wrote:
Parkelife wrote:
xBFG wrote:

Simple
Nope, it's super common in Europe tbh, especially in his country.

Funny they don't complain when Europe was colonising the whole world. World for Europe I guess.
Not really funny is that the constant repetition of this argument really gets this point into the head of some europeans. Reminds me of the good old "divide and conquer" narrative and dehumanisation of a particular group of people to provide grounds for an argument.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Return to World News & Politics