thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:56 pm

OH MY GOD. :o :cry:

He was a British institution.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Even though he was very old and been ill for a while, I still find this very shocking and sad...it seemed that Brucey was immortal! He dates back much further than my memories of him, but to me he represents something that TV is really missing today, that old fashioned showbusiness, where you don't have to conform to being a certain type of person or be crude to be on TV. He was like everyones Grandad, a great host of Price Is Right, Generation Game and Play Your Cards Right. God bless him!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm

He first appeared on the BBC in 1939 - let that sink in for one second.

What a legend.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:02 pm

The BBC have cancelled their regular television tonight at 7-8pm and instead put a tribute to Bruce on...

Tributes

"He will undoubtedly go down in British history as the greatest entertainer of all-time."

"The greatest entertainer bar none."

"It was such a joy and an honour to work alongside someone of his stature,"

"He could sing, he could dance, a fabulous pianist, a comic - everything! If you want an all-round entertainer, you think of Bruce Forsyth."
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Awww Brucey, was nice to see you, to see you nice :(

Entertainment Legend and king of weekend TV. He always seemed like such a lovely guy, and was always on the right side of taste. You don’t have a career like his unless you genuinely love what you do.

There will never be another. Didn’t he do well :(
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 pm

R.I.P. [*]
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 am

SholasBoy wrote:Even though he was very old and been ill for a while, I still find this very shocking and sad...it seemed that Brucey was immortal! He dates back much further than my memories of him, but to me he represents something that TV is really missing today, that old fashioned showbusiness, where you don't have to conform to being a certain type of person or be crude to be on TV. He was like everyones Grandad, a great host of Price Is Right, Generation Game and Play Your Cards Right. God bless him!
He did seem immortal. the ultimate pro, as said before didn't he do well

RIP Sir Bruce
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:26 am

RIP
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:59 am

As expected, he covers today's newspapers - The Sun front cover tugs at my heartstriings.

Wayne
Administrator

Postby biscuits » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:52 am

The Sun is scum

What's special about Brucie is that every generation recalls seeing him on TV. My grandma saw him on TV and loved him, so did my mom, so did my siblings and I, and there are probably adolescents out there who do too. Like Shane said, he represented a type of entertainer which doesn't exist anymore and will never be replaced
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Thriller » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Incredible to think his first TV appearance was before World War II began!

He personifies the word "entertainer". I'd heard a few stories about his off-screen persona not being the nicest but you can't deny his impact and status.
Thriller

Postby menime123 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 pm

biscuits wrote:The Sun is scum

What's special about Brucie is that every generation recalls seeing him on TV. My grandma saw him on TV and loved him, so did my mom, so did my siblings and I, and there are probably adolescents out there who do too. Like Shane said, he represented a type of entertainer which doesn't exist anymore and will never be replaced
I think Ant & Dec are probably the closest we have to that type of entertainer - professional, inoffensive, comedic, self-depreciating and completely about being good entertainers on quality shows. Where Brucey could pull out the tap shoes, Ant & Dec have PJ & Duncan in their back pockets. The pair of them are only 41 and have both been on TV for the last 28 years - its crazy to think they both started on TV in the 1980s.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby oasisbobo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Very sad news. RIP
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 am

Sir Bruce Forsyth died "quietly and in peace" with his family at his side, his widow has said.

Speaking publicly for the first time since his death, Lady Wilnelia - who was married to him for 34 years - said she nursed him for the final two weeks of his life.

The veteran entertainer died aged 89 just over a week ago after a long-term illness.

Lady Wilnelia said his passing had left a "very big hole" in her life.

She told the Sunday Mirror: "His daughters, our son JJ and my mother Delia - who also stood by my side supporting me - were all by his side.

"He left quietly and in peace. Like everything he did, his departure was as organised and structured as his life."

She added: "His departure has left a very big hole in my life and nobody will remember him more than I.

"We have our house full of flowers, the television has not stopped dedicating special programmes and calls of solidarity have not stopped."

Amid the tributes to the entertainer, some fans have called for a statue of the entertainer to be erected outside a BBC building.

Sir Bruce stepped down from Strictly Come Dancing in 2014.

In 2015 he had keyhole surgery after suffering two aneurysms. His health had deteriorated recently after he contracted bronchial pneumonia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41065405
He's left his £17 million fortune solely to his wife to avoid paying inheritance tax on his fortune - of this £17m fortune, £8m is tied up in property, his company is worth over £6.2m and the remaining is tied up in other investments.
Wayne
Administrator

Return to World News & Politics