The world's most livable cities - and the #1 is...

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Serby » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Wayne wrote:I would love to go to Montreal. :cry:

I've never left the UK before but when I eventually do, it'll be to go to Canada.
I cannot believe you've never left your country. It's not US, its relatively small. And also that means you never had a summer sea vacation. Lemme pray for you!!!!
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Hugo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:02 pm

stevyy wrote:
Serby wrote:
I wish Europe was also slided south a few degrees (geografical). Like if north of Germany was where Austria is and Greeve was somewhere around Sudan. :lol:
everyone wishes for this. I swear, it's about to snow here...
We'd be in the Sahara desert, no thank you. A few km north please, today was 40ºC, I couldn't breathe for like 8 hours.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby menime123 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Serby wrote:

I've never left the UK before but when I eventually do, it'll be to go to Canada.
I cannot believe you've never left your country. It's not US, its relatively small. And also that means you never had a summer sea vacation. Lemme pray for you!!!!
SERBY GIRL, what you chatting? :lol:

Never forget that the UK is 4 countries and we have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Almost everyone here has been on summer sea vacation - it’s called Blackpool :lol:

I’ve travelled to Europe and the US, but I haven’t left the UK in the last 12 years - there’s far too much to explore here. My current fav getaways involve travelling around the UK to various historical places (that usually have a castle - love getting lost in the halls and corridors of places Kings and Queens have lived and ruled).
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:28 pm

menime123 wrote:I’ve travelled to Europe and the US, but I haven’t left the UK in the last 12 years - there’s far too much to explore here. My current fav getaways involve travelling around the UK to various historical places (that usually have a castle - love getting lost in the halls and corridors of places Kings and Queens have lived and ruled).
That's the best kind of travelling, most people want to travel the world and yet they don't know shit about their own country, it's embarrassing to have tourists know more than natives.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Serby » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:36 pm

That wpuld be me in Portugal lmao

Easy for you coming from the beauty that's Portugal lmao plus, beaches north of mid-coast of the France don't count. :lol: and still, it's about learning bout new cultures rather than not knowing your own land.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby stevyy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:02 pm

menime123 wrote:
Serby wrote:

SERBY GIRL, what you chatting? :lol:

Never forget that the UK is 4 countries and we have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Almost everyone here has been on summer sea vacation - it’s called Blackpool :lol:

I’ve travelled to Europe and the US, but I haven’t left the UK in the last 12 years - there’s far too much to explore here. My current fav getaways involve travelling around the UK to various historical places (that usually have a castle - love getting lost in the halls and corridors of places Kings and Queens have lived and ruled).
Germany consists of even 116 former countries, 16 as of the past 70 years. From the Alpes to the famous Black Forest which is home to most of the Grimm fairytales, to the North Sea and Baltic Sea...

But even I have been to all 9 neighbouring countries: Denmark, Poland, Czech Rep., Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands!
stevyy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:03 pm

stevyy wrote:But even I have been to all 9 neighbouring countries: Denmark, Poland, Czech Rep., Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands!
We only have flop Spain :cry:
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Serby » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Spain is great,, stfu

You alao have Atlantida, next to Azorean islands. :lol: aaaand, let's not forget the Portuguese teritoey of Luxembourgh, lots of neighboring countries there. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby GaGarazzi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:18 am

Just saying there are no snakes and very few spiders in the cities of Australia :lol:
GaGarazzi
Manager

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:50 am

I have lived in Melbourne since 2007, I have never seen a snake or a crocodile and just one large spider… it was huge but again only the one.

It really is a great city to live in!!!!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby UKMusicLova » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 am

I've been living in Melbourne for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it! It does have a few problems, such as quite a large number of homeless people but I think that comes with all big cities I've been to (except Singapore, lord knows where they put their homeless people) and the lack of good transport to the airport. But otherwise it's incredible, such a large quantity of high quality eating and drinking locations, great public transport, open spaces and a great lifestyle.

Hamburg is my favourite city I've been to in Europe, I love the lifestyle there and there's loads of great bars. It reminds me of Manchester!

I do find it interesting that notoriously boring cities like Auckland, Adelaide and Perth are listed but obviously there are so many publications that rank most liveable cities they each have different criteria.
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby samra » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 am

I don't see the hype for Melbourne.... I mean, it's nice but it's got nothing on Sydney! Adelaide at #5 is a joke though.

Ewokguy15 wrote:I have lived in Melbourne since 2007, I have never seen a snake or a crocodile and just one large spider… it was huge but again only the one.

It really is a great city to live in!!!!
I love Europeaners fearing for their safety in Australia as though our cities are like this:
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 am

My cousins live in Melbourne and i'd like to visit them some day but i don't know if i can survive the flight. :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby maroon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 pm

stevyy wrote:
Serby wrote:
I wish Europe was also slided south a few degrees (geografical). Like if north of Germany was where Austria is and Greeve was somewhere around Sudan. :lol:
everyone wishes for this. I swear, it's about to snow here...
No way, Europe should be moved further north! As much as I love the Mediterranean, I couldn't survive any Summer there. I used to live in the north of Spain where everyone says it's really cold but the Summer was still killing me. Now Amsterdam has ideal weather!

Hugo wrote:
stevyy wrote:But even I have been to all 9 neighbouring countries: Denmark, Poland, Czech Rep., Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands!
We only have flop Spain :cry:
Spain is probably the best country in the world! 8-)

Regarding Australia, I've been there only for a couple of hours and only in the cities (Brisbane and Melbourne) and I admit I was unconsciously scared of all the animals and insects even without seeing any, it's just that you read so much about all the deadly stuff that it's stronger than rational thinking haha.
maroon
Superstar

Location: Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)

Postby Serby » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Amaterdam.has a perfecte climate lol never, do you guys take vit d cu yall not getting the sun!
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Serby wrote:Amaterdam.has a perfecte climate lol never, do you guys take vit d cu yall not getting the sun!
lol Bitch what? You really should read what you're trying to type before submitting it
Shame on me for changing.... no no no... shame on you for stayin' the same.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Wayne wrote:2 of my friends moved to Aus and their quality of life is unreal - they often tell me this and also share photos to rub it in. :lol:

I do think that I wouldn't be able to survive simply due to the snakes, the crocs and the creepy crawlies.
I am yet to see a croc or a creepy crawlie :lol: but okay guys
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 pm

There's like 3 reputable lists of most livable cities in the world, the other legit one has Vienna at #1 (for 8 years in a row) and the third one has somewhere in Japan as #1
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Serby » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Aomeone they always base it on New York as a 100, right? Now, I'm sure NY is an amaziiing city, but surely not the best when it comes to all the criteria together.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:46 pm

^no there's no way NYC can be at the top of any most livable cities in the world, one tiny one bedroom apt here is like $3,000 a month...that's not even an option for most people :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby maroon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Serby wrote:Amaterdam.has a perfecte climate lol never, do you guys take vit d cu yall not getting the sun!
No idea what you tried to write but yes, it's perfect, a good balance between hot and cold which means never too hot or too cold.
I hate the temperatures above 25 degrees.
maroon
Superstar

Location: Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:11 pm

LongingHeart wrote:
lol Bitch what? You really should read what you're trying to type before submitting it
He was probably between puffs of smoke :lol: :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby UndercovaSista » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Thank God Rio wasn't included
UndercovaSista
Groupie

Postby Carbon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:41 pm

LongingHeart wrote:
:lol: :lol: but seriously tho!!
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby JimJim » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 am

UKMusicLova wrote:I've been living in Melbourne for about 2 months\
Wait, what?! :o Welcome!! Although Melbourne winter kinda sucks, bring on the hot summer!

Having lived in Melbourne for some 8 years or so now, it is pretty great, although not without its flaws like all other major cities. Sydney is prettier, but more congested.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Return to World News & Politics