US and Israel leave UNESCO

Moderator: biscuits

Postby Hugo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 am

US and Israel withdraw from UNESCO

The US has announced it will withdraw from the United Nations Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), accusing the body of "anti-Israel bias".

Heather Nauert, US state department spokesperson, said on Thursday the US would establish an "observer mission" to replace its representation at the Paris-based agency.

In a statement announcing its withdrawal, Israel called the US administration's decision "courageous and moral", and accused UNESCO of becoming a "theatre of the absurd".

"The prime minister instructed the foreign ministry to prepare Israel's withdrawal from the organisation alongside the United States," Benjamin Netayanu's office said in a statement.

Irina Bokova, the outgoing UNESCO head, called the US withdrawal a "loss to multilateralism", saying she is convinced that "UNESCO has never been so important for the US, or the US for UNESCO".

At a time when "conflicts continue to tear apart societies across the world, it is deeply regrettable for the United States to withdraw from the United Nations agency promoting education for peace and protecting culture under attack," she said.

Thursday's development demonstrates the US administration's "complete and total bias" towards Israel, says Mustafa Barghouti, secretary-general of the Palestinian National Initiative, a political party comprising mostly secular intellectuals.

"This behaviour is counterproductive and shameful," he told Al Jazeera by phone.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/w ... 38151.html
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby MrDiva » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 am

I don't know enough about whether there actually is a bias and I'm kinda not interested enough to look it up so I can't judge. But from my first impression this is another pretty dumb thing and shit stirring nobody asked for
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I don‘t understand why Trump / Republicans in general are so overly defensive over Israel. Their voters hate jews.
Rihab
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Rihab wrote:I don‘t understand why Trump / Republicans in general are so overly defensive over Israel. Their voters hate jews.
it's a catch22...

they are actually chanting blood and soil and "Jews won't replace us"... like tf
stevyy
Legend

Postby Serby » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm

I hope this is not antisemitic, but aren't many of the richest people ou there Jewish? Maybe he's gettig big dinations or whatever, andnits anyway big corporations that rule the world more or less. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby stevyy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Serby wrote:I hope this is not antisemitic, but aren't many of the richest people ou there Jewish? Maybe he's gettig big dinations or whatever, andnits anyway big corporations that rule the world more or less. :lol:
yasss... who run the world (or used to?) my Jews... why? because they weren't restricted to be entrepreneurs by a deluded religion. Christianity is failing human kind so much, it's surreal.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 pm

I dislike Trump as well and he's like completely nuts but seriously, under Obama's rule the US stopped financing UNESCO projects. It all started a few years ago and the US hasn't changed its stance on the issue since Obama, tbh.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Mainshow wrote:I dislike Trump as well and he's like completely nuts but seriously, under Obama's rule the US stopped financing UNESCO projects. It all started a few years ago and the US hasn't changed its stance on the issue since Obama, tbh.
true... but Obama didn't push this Israel agenda while calling people who chanted "Jews won't replace us" good people.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:38 am

Rihab wrote:I don‘t understand why Trump / Republicans in general are so overly defensive over Israel. Their voters hate jews.
I’m kinda confused. Wall Street is pretty much “owned” by the Jews.
The Republicans will still sit with the actions that Trump created past Trumps era. That’s the sadder part.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby nekoocz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 am

Isnt Trump jew?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Return to World News & Politics