Fatima Yamaha - What's A Girl To Do

Postby nas4life123 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Hands down one of the most emotional and greatest electronic sound ive ever heard:

JOJO
nas4life123
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:49 pm

As if this has a thread on UKMIX :o

I remember it being really popular about 18 months ago? I've never really rated it, it's too minimal for me. Maybe with a vocal I could get on board.
Thriller

Postby urbanmusik » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:02 pm

I can't believe this track is 13 years old. It's gut-wrenchingly beautiful. Love the Lost in Translation sample.

Thriller wrote:I remember it being really popular about 18 months ago? I've never really rated it, it's too minimal for me. Maybe with a vocal I could get on board.
I think it's gradually become more popular over the past 10 years or so. The Numbers label were hyping it up before getting posted on the Feel My Bicep blog increased it's popularity.

Hudson Mohawke (who had been one of the DJs on the Numbers label to hype it up) went on to sample the song on his 2015 Jhené Aiko collaboration Resistance, so if you're looking for a vocal edit you might like that.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby nas4life123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 pm

urbanmusik wrote:I can't believe this track is 13 years old. It's gut-wrenchingly beautiful. Love the Lost in Translation sample.

Thriller wrote:I remember it being really popular about 18 months ago? I've never really rated it, it's too minimal for me. Maybe with a vocal I could get on board.
I think it's gradually become more popular over the past 10 years or so. The Numbers label were hyping it up before getting posted on the Feel My Bicep blog increased it's popularity.

Hudson Mohawke (who had been one of the DJs on the Numbers label to hype it up) went on to sample the song on his 2015 Jhené Aiko collaboration Resistance, so if you're looking for a vocal edit you might like that.
I first heard this song at a bar in Iceland last year! It's been latched on me since, such a beautiful, yet simple piece of art. EVERYONE i play this to loves it, no matter what kind of genre they like
JOJO
nas4life123
Superstar

Return to Dance & Electronic