Little Boots - Burn [EP]

Moderator: urbanmusik

Postby Thriller » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Little Boots wrote:"I've DJ'd more than ever this year, and have been so inspired by all the incredible female DJs and producers making music right now. This mix features some of my favorite, like The Black Madonna, Yaeji, Maya Jane Coles, Peggy Gou, and many more. It also includes a sneak preview of two brand new tracks my forthcoming EP Burn. "Shadows" was produced by Joyce Muniz , "Picture" by Lauren Flax, and both were mixed by Marta Salogni fresh from her work on the latest Björk album. The EP has been produced entirely by women from start to finish, including all music and visual assets, and will be released early next year. I think its an exciting time for women in music and especially dance music, and I'm looking forward to seeing where 2018 takes us!"
The new tracks are the first and final songs in this mix - I'm excited that she's releasing more house influenced music! I especially like the sounds of Shadows.

LISTEN HERE
Thriller

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am

^ Sounds good 8-) I'm here for new Little Boots. Especially when it's more house orientated.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 am

I am up for it.
Let's give Boots a chance.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 am

ImageImage
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:42 am

“I love crying-on-the-dancefloor songs. They’re my favorite kind of pop songs,” Victoria Hesketh, better known as electronic pop musician Little Boots, proudly states soon after we hop on the phone. And I must concur. There aren’t many artists that can perfectly capture the euphoric joys and disasters Robyn has more than mastered the art, most notably with “Dancing On My Own,” while Kylie Minogue has been known to whip out tear-inducing pop perfection on the regular throughout her career. Truthfully, Little Boots may be joining those prestigious ranks, something that she sets out to do intentionally on her new single “Shadows”, premiering exclusively on V.

“Shadows,” the first release off her upcoming EP, comes with shimmering synths and an undeniable beat made for runway struts, but drips in self-doubt and the ruins of broken love — or as she says, it’s made for “dancing in the darkest parts of the club.” The entire project was conceptualized after some major life changes for the singer, one of which being the end of a long romance.
full article.

AUDIO
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 am

I have this on repeat. It's exactly the kind of song I wanted from her.
Slay mama! Excited for the EP.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby SaintKing » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 am

I don’t like this song very much. It’s a bit too “random club instrumental with dead voice droning over it”. That chorus is almost non-existent. I was really excited for the EP when I heard the snippets on the mixtape, but the song just goes on and on without really going anywhere.

Staring At The Sun was better. Face To Face was excellent! As was the whole of Nocturnes.

When she’s done with the whole girl power thing after this EP, I want her to work with Sam Sparro again. Face To Face is all kinds of incredible!
SaintKing
Groupie

Postby SaintKing » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 am

Also, apparently she’s giving up on the album format. That’s depressing!
SaintKing
Groupie

Postby Benjamin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:46 am

SaintKing wrote:Also, apparently she’s giving up on the album format. That’s depressing!
As long as she continues to deliver EP’s frequently, i’m good :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Carbon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 pm

I really love the instrumental, perfect for a club, but actually it's the vocals that bother me. I'd just take the instrumental :lol:
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby SaintKing » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Right? I mean, I know she’s never had much of a vocal range to provide an expressive performance. But she sounds bored throughout the song.
SaintKing
Groupie

Postby SaintKing » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:35 am

She’s released a second song from the EP. It sounds better than Shadows..
SaintKing
Groupie

Postby Benjamin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 am

The song's 'Picture' and it's quite good. I think I prefer 'Shadows' at the moment though. :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 am

Merged the threads people are discussing the EP tracks when there was already a thread.
Thriller

Postby Benjamin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am

'Shadows' is so good, still.
She sounds so good on it too.
Early 00s vibes.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Shadows really is great, I'm liking this lane for her!
Thriller

Postby Carbon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Shadows is cool, though again I like it mainly for the production
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Return to Dance & Electronic