Dance/Remixes Song Idenfication Thread

Moderator: urbanmusik

 

Postby mykka » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Perhaps "Alex Gaudino - I'm In Love". There are likely some downtempo versions of it
User avatar
mykka
Legend
 
Posts: 21035
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004
Location: Earth

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:08 pm

mykka wrote:Perhaps "Alex Gaudino - I'm In Love". There are likely some downtempo versions of it
Thanks but it isn't that. It's way more chill.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
User avatar
aaliyahman
Superstar
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006

Postby randomness » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:10 pm

aaliyahman wrote:I really need help with this chillout dance track. I heard it in Ayia Napa then the otehr day in a club. I think it may be a few years old. It's really airy sung by a female and she sings something like 'I'm in Love'
N-Joi - Anthem?
Stand wipers unite!
User avatar
randomness
Manager
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006
Location: The Land of Eng

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 pm

No not that sorry.

It's the type of song you'd find on chillout Ibiza (although Ive checked compilations and can't find it!)

It's way more a song you'd hear when lying by a pool. Or on a beach.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
User avatar
aaliyahman
Superstar
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006

Postby randomness » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:30 am

Reflekt - Need To Feel Loved?
Stand wipers unite!
User avatar
randomness
Manager
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006
Location: The Land of Eng

Postby aaliyahman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 am

randomness wrote:Reflekt - Need To Feel Loved?
very close to that but without the pulsating beat and not so busy...


OMG just found it

Deadmau5 FT. Kaskade - I Remember

Phenomenal!
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
User avatar
aaliyahman
Superstar
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006

Postby flyer187 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to locate a dance tune from the 90's that sampled the YMCA (it was the opening bit in a loop)

It was using some of the vocals from Souvlaki 's Inferno, and some of the vocals were:

"i'm the joker, i'm the smoker"

"let it burn like a match on fire"

Been searching for this one for ages, please help
flyer187
Groupie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007

Postby jafetsigfinns » Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Could anybody please tell me what song this is? I downloaded it under the impression that it was 'Silhouettes' by Avicii, but after hearing the real version on the radio I realized that was not the case. Does anybody know what song this is?
My Countdown Thread! Now: Britney Spears!
User avatar
jafetsigfinns
Manager
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010
Location: Iceland

Postby chsf » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm

that's "Flash" by Scaloni & DJ Tatana
chsf
Groupie
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005

Postby jafetsigfinns » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks a bunch!! :D
My Countdown Thread! Now: Britney Spears!
User avatar
jafetsigfinns
Manager
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010
Location: Iceland

Postby blink182rcool » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Does anyone know this song what was played in last nights big brother please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehc9tyIALDo
User avatar
blink182rcool
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005
Location: either in bed.... or at mi commi

Postby DoctorClaw » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:24 pm

flyer187 wrote:Hi All,

I'm trying to locate a dance tune from the 90's that sampled the YMCA (it was the opening bit in a loop)

It was using some of the vocals from Souvlaki 's Inferno, and some of the vocals were:

"i'm the joker, i'm the smoker"

"let it burn like a match on fire"

Been searching for this one for ages, please help
A bit of a longshot but possible DJ Supreme - Horns Of Jericho?
User avatar
DoctorClaw
Roadie
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005
Location: Belfast

Postby wigwam_salesma » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Have a listen to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSw1PtEa68

At 1 minute in they start singing faaaaaade away. I recognise the synth sample and vocal pattern...was it a Roger Sanchez tune?
wigwam_salesma
Groupie
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005

Postby funkero » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Since 20 years ago,i am looking for a song that samples the track "Move that Body" by Technotronic in the part that says "di-di-di-di-di-di-di".

The song is a men rapping and some female vocals: Also says something like "we got the funk" . And i hear also "yo funky".

Thanks in advance
funkero
Roadie
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005
Location: Vigo (Spain)

Postby ZippaDeeDooDa » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 am

I keep hearing this song in the gym and I NEED to know what it is!!!

It sounds like Just Jack. Male vocal, and the chorus sounds something like "So save my soul" and then it goes into like a chillout/light dubstep break. I think it might be a UK artist. It's got to be a current song I think. Someone please help me!
Better wake up, little sleepy head
Big old world will pass us by
So many things we could do instead
Get what you want with your lucky eyes
User avatar
ZippaDeeDooDa
Manager
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005
Location: UK

Postby Ferris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:03 pm

ZippaDeeDooDa wrote:I keep hearing this song in the gym and I NEED to know what it is!!!

It sounds like Just Jack. Male vocal, and the chorus sounds something like "So save my soul" and then it goes into like a chillout/light dubstep break. I think it might be a UK artist. It's got to be a current song I think. Someone please help me!
Sure it's not Just Jack - 'Doctor, Doctor' or a remix of it, as it's got 'save my soul' in the chorus?
User avatar
Ferris
Manager
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005

Postby ZippaDeeDooDa » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Ferris wrote:
ZippaDeeDooDa wrote:I keep hearing this song in the gym and I NEED to know what it is!!!

It sounds like Just Jack. Male vocal, and the chorus sounds something like "So save my soul" and then it goes into like a chillout/light dubstep break. I think it might be a UK artist. It's got to be a current song I think. Someone please help me!
Sure it's not Just Jack - 'Doctor, Doctor' or a remix of it, as it's got 'save my soul' in the chorus?
Just looked it up, definitely not that song, but thanks for replying!

It's sung, and I reckon it's a 2012 song. It gets played next to stuff like Tulisa at the gym I go to, so it's got to be recent/relatively popular-ish.
Better wake up, little sleepy head
Big old world will pass us by
So many things we could do instead
Get what you want with your lucky eyes
User avatar
ZippaDeeDooDa
Manager
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005
Location: UK

Postby mickey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 pm

ZippaDeeDooDa wrote:Male vocal, and the chorus sounds something like "So save my soul" and then it goes into like a chillout/light dubstep break.
Are you sure this is what is sung ... I went through all my tracks from this year but could not find anything similar ... :-?

Can you listen for more of the lyrics next time you hear it and I might be able to guess it then ...
~ You can never out train a poor diet! ~
User avatar
mickey
Manager
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002
Location: Austria

Postby tir69 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm

ZippaDeeDooDa wrote:I keep hearing this song in the gym and I NEED to know what it is!!!

It sounds like Just Jack. Male vocal, and the chorus sounds something like "So save my soul" and then it goes into like a chillout/light dubstep break. I think it might be a UK artist. It's got to be a current song I think. Someone please help me!
Kid Cudi & Gnarls Barkley ..is just a try :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uqBHLz_YiQ
User avatar
tir69
Superstar
 
Posts: 5060
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005

Postby ZippaDeeDooDa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:23 am

Thank you for all the suggestions! I heard it again in the gym and paced to the TV to find out what it was the other day. :lol:

It's "Love Is All I Got" by Feed Me feat. Crystal Fighters.
Better wake up, little sleepy head
Big old world will pass us by
So many things we could do instead
Get what you want with your lucky eyes
User avatar
ZippaDeeDooDa
Manager
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005
Location: UK

Postby samra » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 am

I can't remember where or when I heard this song but it just popped into my head....

I think it's a dubstep song and all I remember is a robotic womans voice saying something along the lines of "It's time to die" or "It's your turn to die" or "Prepare to die" and then a gunshot sound and then there's a bass drop.

I've tried googling it to no avail.
User avatar
samra
Superstar
 
Posts: 9929
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby JayDee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:57 am

samra wrote:I can't remember where or when I heard this song but it just popped into my head....

I think it's a dubstep song and all I remember is a robotic womans voice saying something along the lines of "It's time to die" or "It's your turn to die" or "Prepare to die" and then a gunshot sound and then there's a bass drop.

I've tried googling it to no avail.
Knife Party "Internet Friends"
User avatar
JayDee
Manager
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009

Postby samra » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 am

Thank you very much! :D
User avatar
samra
Superstar
 
Posts: 9929
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby wilmar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:01 am

funkero wrote:Since 20 years ago,i am looking for a song that samples the track "Move that Body" by Technotronic in the part that says "di-di-di-di-di-di-di".

The song is a men rapping and some female vocals: Also says something like "we got the funk" . And i hear also "yo funky".

Thanks in advance
I used to club to that one.
The song is What's The Funk (Boom Boom Mix) by Brother's Delight from 1991
My annual charts at...
http://annualchart.wordpress.com/
wilmar
Groupie
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008

Postby wilmar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:03 am

Ferris wrote:
spiritboy wrote:It's very difficult to describe the song but it starts with a female vocal and then a male vocal comes and says somthing like dum dum dum. :lol:
Ha, that doesn't give us very much to go on, but is it this?

Gusto - Disco's Revenge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQbo9XWVH0

Gusto - Disco's Revenge 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5AqfgVu6Xo
My guess is Another Love by Mac Project feat Therese
My annual charts at...
http://annualchart.wordpress.com/
wilmar
Groupie
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008

Return to Dance & Electronic