Dance/Remixes Song Idenfication Thread

Moderator: urbanmusik

Postby oaknuys » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Yesterday i heard a female dance version of Passenger's Let Her Go.
I tried to Shazam it but it didn't work.
For the love god please identify it for me! I am so desperate to find who actually is the singer or if was a remix... it was an uptempo remix but the vocals were indeed well matched with the beat.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:32 am

Anyone to help plz?
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:35 pm

oaknuys wrote:Yesterday i heard a female dance version of Passenger's Let Her Go.
I tried to Shazam it but it didn't work.
For the love god please identify it for me! I am so desperate to find who actually is the singer or if was a remix... it was an uptempo remix but the vocals were indeed well matched with the beat.
Got it! After searching for days i finally found the vocalist and the remixer....

Jasmine Thompson - Let Her Go (Mahmut Orhan Club Mix) ....its available on his Sound Cloud.

The remix is pure heaven. .. wish itunes would have had though
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Grybop » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:44 pm

This is a tough one. I was sent this video. In the background you can hear a song. It might take 3-4 re-plays to realize how it's going. I'm pretty sure I've heard it several times before, but I can't understand what it is. Anyone?
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:54 pm

There was a dance version of Jackson 5's "Dancing Machine" on Big Brother last night, any ideas? Wondering if it's another Sigala like track.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby nekoocz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:14 am

I want to ask you for litte help, I remember Black Box - Rocking To The Music. The version was more dance then this and started with the "horn sound" at this point. Do you know that version?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby lexus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Artist and Title Please? This has that sorely missed hot mid 2000s funky electro house style in a time now where so much edm big room rubbish and laid back boring 'deep house' stuff dominates. This style should be due a comeback! Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dux-HrbJnms
lexus
Personal Assistant

Postby blink182rcool » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Just wondered if anyone could help me with a song I heard in a supermarket earlier today. Female vocals, something involving the word merry go round. Sounded very typical to current dance music. Think it was played as a new, latest addition song. I tried using Shazam but the song finished. Cheers for any help
blink182rcool
Personal Assistant

Postby cdschart » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:32 pm

There have been some standard remixes that received radio airplay that aren't on iTunes or other services. I've tried Shazaming some of them (ex: "All of Me" - John Legend) but when I go to play them they're different.

The "All of Me" version I'm used to hearing on the radio is like an edited version of the Tiesto remix without the annoying parts of the drop. Does anyone know where I can find this in HQ?

Other examples would be "Give Your Heart A Break" or "Can't Hold Us", both of which have superior radio versions that haven't officially been released.
cdschart
Manager

Postby boto » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi people! I would appreciate it if you could help me out with this song id. Shazam proved useless. Thanks>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZpGFF5SIc&t
I love Glitzy Rant!
boto
Manager

Postby Grybop » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 am

boto wrote:Hi people! I would appreciate it if you could help me out with this song id. Shazam proved useless. Thanks>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZpGFF5SIc&t
This. :D Also, hi.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby boto » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanx pal :wink:
I love Glitzy Rant!
boto
Manager

Postby blink182rcool » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi guys, stuck on another song it was played on BBC's recap/highlights of the Superbowl last night. It seemed a bit tropical ish dance music with the lyrics 'we are, we are, we are ready to go and we never say no. We are, we are ready to go and we ain't letting go' or something very similar to that. It literally only played for 10 seconds and Shazam isn't working on it. Cheers
blink182rcool
Personal Assistant

Postby lexus » Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLLgs ... p=drivesdk

Ok I have hummed and sang 3 layers of a song im looking for which you can hear through the link above. Its not dance as such but a synth pop track probably from the late 80s, although late 80s electronica pop was a large part of the foundations and roots for a lot of commercial dance so hopefully its close enough. Im not even sure of the lyrics. The only word im very confident about is the word wonder. I could be confused about the rest. Hopefully ive done enough with the rest for it to be identifiable. It sounds a bit duran duran or howard jones like but im not sure if it is either of them as many acts sounded like that at the time. Thanks!
lexus
Personal Assistant

Postby lexus » Wed May 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Sound hound is no good either. These apps used to be good so i dont know what went wrong
lexus
Personal Assistant

Postby blink182rcool » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:17 am

Another song I'm after that's played at work that shazam isn't helping with. Male vocals something along the lines of 'its gonna be me and you for life. I'll never let you go'

After that bit is the 'drop' that is the typical style that's currently in trend, very cheat codes ish
blink182rcool
Personal Assistant

Postby MrDiva » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Hey I'm looking for a song

It's constantly played in german fashion store New Yorker and introduced as a 'summer hit 2017'
The voice also says someghing like Madness - Gimme Your Love
But I can't find anything

It sounds like a remix but I don't think it is one
It's a male singer
There's actual verses and the hook like goes something like 'Gimme Your Love' or 'Gimme your luck' or whatever and is repeated
It's sung over a constantly repeated electronic dance loop that kinda reminds me of the Guetta song from that ad for that one car from 2008 (love don't let me go walking away)
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 pm

MrDiva wrote:Hey I'm looking for a song

It's constantly played in german fashion store New Yorker and introduced as a 'summer hit 2017'
The voice also says someghing like Madness - Gimme Your Love
But I can't find anything

It sounds like a remix but I don't think it is one
It's a male singer
There's actual verses and the hook like goes something like 'Gimme Your Love' or 'Gimme your luck' or whatever and is repeated
It's sung over a constantly repeated electronic dance loop that kinda reminds me of the Guetta song from that ad for that one car from 2008 (love don't let me go walking away)
I found it!

"Givin' It Up" (Patrick Spencer White Remix) by Magnus!
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Grybop » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:30 pm

lexus wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLLgsMCuIfdSkRKWFRNaUxlOXc/view?usp=drivesdk

Ok I have hummed and sang 3 layers of a song im looking for which you can hear through the link above. Its not dance as such but a synth pop track probably from the late 80s, although late 80s electronica pop was a large part of the foundations and roots for a lot of commercial dance so hopefully its close enough. Im not even sure of the lyrics. The only word im very confident about is the word wonder. I could be confused about the rest. Hopefully ive done enough with the rest for it to be identifiable. It sounds a bit duran duran or howard jones like but im not sure if it is either of them as many acts sounded like that at the time. Thanks!
Did you find that song by any chance? Cos it's ringing massive bells, especially the high (instrumental?) part that comes after "wonder", but I can't put my finger on what it is. It's a male vocal yeah? Brave of you to post that :lol:
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby lecirquevn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:56 am

Many thanks. <3
lecirquevn
Groupie

Return to Dance & Electronic