Camila Cabello - Camila

Moderators: trebor, Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Jesper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:48 am

Washingtonian25 wrote:Since “Havana” will still be huge by the time album comes out, I guess she will debut with decent numbers in USA, UK, CAN, AU, but the real success of the record will depend on good single choices and how much is her label willing to invest.

Track list is a bit lame and I think that made a lot of people not to pre-order it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just put her tp
tour after 3rd single and move onto the next
project, possibly with new label.
what is lame about the tracklist? And how do you know it will make people not pre-order it, when it is not even out for a day and she has been pretty consistent on the iTunes pre-order chart?
And why do you think she will move to a new label?
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 pm

1.Never Be The Same
2.All These Years
3.She Loves Control
4.Havana ft. Young Thug
5.Inside Out
6.Consequences
7.Real Friends
8.Something’s Gotta Give
9.In The Dark
10.Into It
11.Never Be The Same (Radio Edit)
12. Havana (Remix) - Camila Cabello & Daddy Yankee (Target Exclusive)

https://intl.target.com/p/camila-cabell ... A-52833024
Jesper
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:27 am

Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:29 am

Can't wait! I never thought I would be excited for her solo record! :oops: :oops: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby weare » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 am

I still think she will be struggling in solo if she cannot produce another hit soon.
I feel like she is below Ke$ha popularity, only Havana is catchy but Ke$ha got more (first album).

You know second hit is more important than the first, if an artist continues 2 consecutive hit, he/she will be easily big (but not 100%).
weare
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:19 pm

weare wrote:I still think she will be struggling in solo if she cannot produce another hit soon.
I feel like she is below Ke$ha popularity, only Havana is catchy but Ke$ha got more (first album).

You know second hit is more important than the first, if an artist continues 2 consecutive hit, he/she will be easily big (but not 100%).
It's safe to say that she will struggle to sell. If Ariana who is a far established star only sold 322,000 copies of Dangerous Woman in the United States so far, then what more for someone like Camila who is barely known to the general public and is not a household name yet? Even during her tenure with Fifth Harmony, they never got past 200,000 copies in sales per album.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:33 pm

They know she Will struggle, the whole thing why she did that deal with that company was to have an album out and go for longtivity rather than ending up in a Her Name Is Nicole scenario
Jesper
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:16 pm

If she does 100K SPS for the first week with how strong "Havana" is at the moment, it would be a huge achievement in itself!
GetBack
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:44 pm

This is so much better than the likes of Real Friends.

I’m mad this got cut due to Camila’s team being cheap and going for in-house producers and writers. This was one of Camila’s favourites, she was always taking about it in interviews.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:51 pm

urbanmusik wrote:
This is so much better than the likes of Real Friends.

I’m mad this got cut due to Camila’s team being cheap and going for in-house producers and writers. This was one of Camila’s favourites, she was always taking about it in interviews.
I knew you’d love it :lol: it’s got a real Charli vibe about it, I thought it sounded like something from Number 1 Angel

She wasn’t happy with the song which is why it didn’t make it on to the album, Camila said she wanted to re-work it for her next album. It’s a shame though, now it’s leaked in HQ i guess that won’t happen :(
Reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 pm

GetBack wrote:If she does 100K SPS for the first week with how strong "Havana" is at the moment, it would be a huge achievement in itself!
Ew I'm agreeing with you. But yes I agree. I think she can do it.

But this deal and producer thing....idk. I'm skeptical/curious on how the album is gonna sound and am I gonna like it or not.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:30 pm

I dunno. I reckon it's gonna be between 80-90,000. She might surprise though. She can't trust that Havana will still be as popular when the album is released
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Jesper » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01 am

Japanese bonustracks
12. Havana Remix (I assume the Daddy Yankee one)
13. I Have Questions
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-5 ... 40bd8d3295
Jesper
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:59 am

BehindBreakaway wrote:I dunno. I reckon it's gonna be between 80-90,000. She might surprise though. She can't trust that Havana will still be as popular when the album is released
January 12 is not that far away. 80K is already huge, that would be great and it would mark her best career opening sales since Reflection.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Ink » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Ink
Groupie

Postby BehindBreakaway » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:53 am

GetBack wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:I dunno. I reckon it's gonna be between 80-90,000. She might surprise though. She can't trust that Havana will still be as popular when the album is released
January 12 is not that far away. 80K is already huge, that would be great and it would mark her best career opening sales since Reflection.
Yeah I suppose so. Oh I agree that it's good :)
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Jesper » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:45 am

Ink wrote:https://camilacabello.shop.musictoday.com/store?currency=GBP

Signed
Uk and US only, unfortunately
Jesper
Legend

Postby ludichris » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Jesper wrote:Japanese bonustracks
13. I Have Questions
So disappointing. The album will have 2 versions of two singles. What happened to Japanese bonus tracks being exclusive and rare tracks that were not available anywhere else?
ludichris
Manager

Postby Jesper » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:13 pm

ludichris wrote:
Jesper wrote:Japanese bonustracks
13. I Have Questions
So disappointing. The album will have 2 versions of two singles. What happened to Japanese bonus tracks being exclusive and rare tracks that were not available anywhere else?
well they still happen, a recent example is Kesha's Rainbow. But labels are very cheap these days, a lot of artists pay for their own bonus material to be included. I Have Questions is still a physical exclusive. I mean the Japanese bonus tracks are a marketing tool to push people to not import albums, and since you can't get Questions on any international edition, it is probably still more worth it to buy it in Japan than to import it. Even for me in the Netherlands it was cheaper to import it from Japan, with the inclusion of two bonus tracks than to buy it in a store here :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby Gravity » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Jesper wrote:Even for me in the Netherlands it was cheaper to import it from Japan, with the inclusion of two bonus tracks than to buy it in a store here :lol:
And then they wonder why the CD sales are decreasing :lol:
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby andy20 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:47 pm

I don't know why there wasn't a deluxe edition? I mean why would she not include crying questions bad things omg etc...? They were only released a few months ago so not like there old or not hits?!

I would have the tracklist like this myself:

Camila - camila (deluxe)

1.Never Be The Same
2.All These Years
3.She Loves Control
4.Havana ft. Young Thug
5.Inside Out
6.Consequences
7.Real Friends
8.Something’s Gotta Give
9.In The Dark
10.Into It
Deluxe bonus tracks
11. Scar tissue
12. Crying in the club
13. Omg
14. I have questions
15. Crown (with grey)
16. Havana (Remix) - Camila Cabello & Daddy Yankee
17. Bad things (with machine gun Kelly)
18. Never be the same (radio edit mix)
BOOTY LUV "BLACK WIDOW" (Out Jan 20th 2013!)
andy20
Roadie

Postby Jesper » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am

andy20 wrote:I don't know why there wasn't a deluxe edition? I mean why would she not include crying questions bad things omg etc...? They were only released a few months ago so not like there old or not hits?!

Because additional editions like a Deluxe or bonus material at the time of the release of the main album aren't common anymore, especially not for young artists. And if they get bonus material it is most of the time a remix, instrumental or a stand-alone/soundtrack song that gets included.

Camila first recorded songs with producers like Stargate and Benny Blanco among other producers, and Crying was released as first cut, but it didn't do what they hoped for in the US and globally. During these sessions she worked with Frank Dukes and Epic issued the Stargate produced OMG and the Frank Dukes produced Havana as next double release. But in the meantime Camila kept working with Frank Dukes and the indie management/production/songwriting company Electric Feel where Frank is part of and she and her management found a way to get a separate deal with this indie company to record a complete album. The only condition is that the main album has to be done by this company. So the writing and production of this project has been paid and taken care of by Electric Feel, and Epic only had to green light it. And Camila even had to fight to get Havana released, because Epic wanted OMG.

A consequence/effect of this is that all other sessions with Stargate/Diplo/Benny Blanco etc. are scrapped. The reason why there is no Deluxe edition and only Havana Remix and I Have Questions made it is because it is 2017/2018. A lot of artists release smaller albums, and if they want extend albums or include bonus material they have to pay for it themselves. A beginning artist like Camila is not gonna pay money for it, and she can't ask Epic to do it, because Epic isn't gonna invest additional money when they already paid for a lot of other sessions.

Deluxe and and other editions always were already a promotional tool, but these days they are cheap promotional tools. They offer Target a poster and the Havana remix, that way they get free promotion by Target, and they added I Have Questions for Japan, because it is probably the cheapest song to include (if we look at production/songwriting credits) and it most likely fits the album sonically the best. Japanese editions are only there to prevent Japanese customers to not import albums by included exclusive tracks, and I have Questions is a physical exclusive currently.
Jesper
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Jesper » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 pm

I kinda expected that
Jesper
Legend

Postby WakeUpMusic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:38 pm

The review actually got me really excited for the album! Can’t wait now...
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Return to Pop