Britney Spears - Make Me... (feat. G-Eazy)

Moderator: Spartan

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Ivica wrote:still playing this a lot, it will become my most played B single :o :D
Thats because not only its her best single in years but it perhaps could pass as one of her finest singles overall. Its indeed a great pop song.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 pm

"Make Me..." was released 1 year ago today!

Happy Birthday to this amazing pop song.
Instinct
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Happy birthday to "Make me", such a beautiful song.

"Make me" is IMO Britney's best and finest single this decade. :o
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:02 am

Make Me... is indeed a great song. Easily her best since the FF era. Happy Birthday!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 am

i always found this bleh. id take work b and perfume any day and those two werent exactly tunes. the last time she released a good single was hold it against me
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:18 am

"Make me" was such a great pop song, I love that it could be erotic yet melancholic at the same time, there's something seductive yet sad on it, the whole mellow and soft direction was also unexpected for a Britney lead single, it seemed to be more simple, chilling, moody and organic than her recent singles.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:24 am

MrLeonix wrote:"Make me" was such a great pop song, I love that it could be erotic yet melancholic at the same time, there's something seductive yet sad on it, the whole mellow and soft direction was also unexpected for a Britney lead single, it seemed to be more simple, chilling, moody and organic than her recent singles.
+1

Make Me is her best single since If U Seek Amy/3 imo.
Instinct
Manager

Postby t_dot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:30 am

This never clicked with me, it was just okay at best for me.
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 am

This one of my favorite Britney songs ever. Just can't get enough of it. :D
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 am

It's definitely high in my list of favourite Britney tracks ever. It's such a perfect song. I hate the video but the song itself, is outstanding.
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby britboyphil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am

johnny_d wrote:It's definitely high in my list of favourite Britney tracks ever. It's such a perfect song. I hate the video but the song itself, is outstanding.
i wish it had a more decent music video, not a slutty one.. but the song is really good. it needs no slutty image to show it's sexy..
britboyphil
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

It's a good pop song, but probably my least favorite Glory track and I really didn't need G-Eazy on this.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby naughty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am

I really love this song, if it was G-Eazy-less it would've been perfect tbh.
naughty
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 am

I don't mind the G-Eazy feature!

It's a strong song and a great choice for a lead single
Especially after the BJ debacle
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 am

G-Eazy fits on this song perfectly imo.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

I think G-Eazy part flows very well in the song something that is unusual for these Pop / Rap guests songs. This song is Top-notch seriously.

Regarding the visuals, Like someone else said, I don't think this needed a slutty video tho, and this isn't only an observation to the weak music video we got where she's showing skin and stuff also to the original music video which seemed to be quite S&M, I always found really strange that they wanted to portray such soft and mellow song like that.

It needed a concept video, this was the perfect time to call Jonas Akerlund (the guy that developed such brilliant concept for "Hold it against me") back to direct and create another substancial and artistic music video, and the difference between HIAM-Britney and Glory-Britney is that she now looks in shape, beautiful and totally into it, so a Jonas Akerlund music video in 2016 would've been pure slayage right, left and center. Its such a shame that they couldn't find a director that was actually able to handle and understand a song like "Make me" (I don't think not even her team understood what they had in their hands with this song).
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Gravity » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm genuinely surprised that a song like this was a Britney Spears lead single.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:41 pm

This was such an amazing lead and it sucks that things got effed up with the video and stuff
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm

MusicRecords wrote:This was such an amazing lead and it sucks that things got effed up with the video and stuff
+1
Happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart
mattsky
Superstar

Postby hellohello » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:33 pm

mattsky wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:This was such an amazing lead and it sucks that things got effed up with the video and stuff
+1
The video was a mess. The song did not deserve such an atrocious music video. She should've used the original idea tbh.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby britboyphil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 pm

G Eazy complemented Britney very well. Their vocals were a perfect marriage like the Nelly and Kelly Dilemma for me.
britboyphil
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm

britboyphil wrote:G Eazy complemented Britney very well.
+1 .. It also helped that G-Eazy is really into Britney.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
britboyphil wrote:G Eazy complemented Britney very well.
+1 .. It also helped that G-Eazy is really into Britney.
Yes and they looked nice together performing the song at the VMAs, they seemed to have a good low-key kinda pleasant chemistry unlike many collabs
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Yes and they looked nice together performing the song at the VMAs, they seemed to have a good low-key kinda pleasant chemistry unlike many collabs
Yeah they looked nice together on every performance they did (iHeart, Vegas, and the other Festivals), they had chemestry and G-Eazy says wonderful things about Britney all the time, he really likes her.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 am

I was also surprised they had great chemistry!
GetBack
Legend

Return to Pop