Lena - Gemini

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Tansike » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:06 pm

New album by the german singer and ESC winner of 2010, following the masterpiece "Crystal Sky".

She's currently searching someone who would design her artwork and a logo for the album on facebook.

Lena wrote:Ich suche euch - junge Designer, Artworkartists, Künstler freaks und alle die Bock haben !
Helft mir ein geiles Logo und ein fettes Artwork (Schrift) für mein neues Album GEMINI zu designen !!!! Schickt eure Vorschläge an hello@lena-ml.com
Egal ob ihr das professionell oder als Hobby macht!
Hier geht es nicht darum etwas zu gewinnen sondern um einen Auftrags Job - also bitte nur ernst gemeinte Designs einschicken !
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:10 pm

She's currently searching someone who would design her artwork and a logo for the album on facebook.
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Mainshow » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:38 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeees! - I can't wait to get a new album by the German Princess of Pop!

Personally, I like the meaning of "Gemini" and that it fits to her other astrological titles such as "Satellite", "Stardust", "Galaxies", "Crystal Sky", "To The Moon" and "Moonlight" but I personally don't like the sound of the English pronunciation of "Gemini"; I will just pretend that it's going to be pronunced the German way...
I basically do the same with "Femme Fatale" by Britney (I always say it in a French way).

Her last album was great!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:55 pm

What's wrong with the English pronunciation of Gemini? :lol:

Also Femme Fatale is French, how is there another way of pronouncing that?
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Mainshow » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Biebz wrote:What's wrong with the English pronunciation of Gemini? :lol:

Also Femme Fatale is French, how is there another way of pronouncing that?
I simply don't like the sound of it.
[ ˈdʒem.ɪ.naɪ ] sounds a bit aggressive to my ears. I don't like the rhythm pattern of that word and the first sound "dʒ" which makes it so strong to my ears. Also the diphthong at the end needs some extra effort while speaking.
It's simply not a beautiful word.

"Femme Fatale" is a French word but Britney Spears as well as will.i.am (check the ending of "Big Fat Bass" on FF; you can hear will.i.am saying "Fämme" instead of "FAmme" on 4:39: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK2S76stFto) and I'm quite sure that tons of Americans and many fans pronunced it differently. Not like the soft and open-sounded vowel like in a word such as "some" but they chose to pronounce "Femme" with an "e" as the first vowel and not the French "a".
Same applies to the second word "Fatale".

French:-ˈtal(z), VS. "American English -ˈtäl(z)\
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:58 pm

My ears are ready! :cry:

I don't think she'll be able to top the masterpiece that is Crystal Sky, but hopefully she'll get close.
I see her going for more of an urban sound rather than electro pop this era.
Rihab
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:05 pm

My lost soul is ready.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:17 pm

yessss :cry: :cry: :cry: this'll probably come in like 2018 though knowing Lena :lol:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Sayhey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:54 pm

I LOVE Lena but her and her team should not be allowed near another album until they have learnt lessons from Crystal Sky. It is her most commercial album to date but they essentially left it to die after Traffic Lights. They weren't quick enough with a second single. Wild & Free was a great single but they could have (and should have) released Beat To My Melody as the second single (Although it should realistically have been the first) in late July then have Wild & Free as the "3rd" with a re-release. Then have a 4th single in January 2016 (I'd personally have gone with 4 Sleeps or Home) then a final single in late April/early May (That Girl or Keep On Living). What was the whole idea of having videos for Home and Catapult?!?! I know they were eyeing Catapult as a U.K. Single (stupid idea) but they need to have the courage in their convictions.

Despite the fact it was easily one of the best (if not the best) albums of 2015, they handled every aspect so badly it is untrue.
Sayhey
Personal Assistant

Postby theArmy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Cool title!

Was just playing her "Foundations" performance yesterday!
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Colbie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:05 am

Excited for this!
Loved Crystal Sky, so im hoping this wil be just as good!
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Lena will be part of the fourth season of 'Sing meinen Song', a very popular show in Germany, which will start in late may.

Will be interesting to see if she'll have the new stuff ready by then...
Tansike
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Tansike wrote:Lena will be part of the fourth season of 'Sing meinen Song', a very popular show in Germany, which will start in late may.

Will be interesting to see if she'll have the new stuff ready by then...
The thing basically revived Yvonne Caterfeld and re introduced Sarah Connor as a credible artist
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm

^ i know, so that could do wonders for Lena as well. Unfortunately, she's not the best live singer, so i'm not sure how it will work for her. It also depends on the tracks she'll cover from the other artists...
Tansike
Legend

Postby theArmy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Shoulda been Mandy! Lena doesn't have a career to revive, everything's good for her :cry:
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 pm

The lead single is titled "Lost In You" and will be released tomorrow! - It's already out in New Zealand!

Here's the official UKMIX Thread for the single:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122479
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:11 am

Audio for "Lost In You"

It says '"Lena - Lost In You" is Lena Meyer's new track from her upcoming album "Gemini" that will be released in September.'

No idea where they have this from but September as a release date seems so far away :(
Tansike
Legend

Postby Sayhey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Do we have any idea what is happening with the album? Since If i Wasn’t Your Daughter, things have gone graveyard style quiet.
Sayhey
Personal Assistant

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:17 pm

I just hope that we will get it soon. "Lost In You" & "If I Wasn't Your Daughter" are already amazing.

Hopefully, she's not trying to record German songs now after their latest track with that lower class rappers & "Sing meinen Song".
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 pm

She's touring in early 2018 so i'm sure we will get this until then. But maybe they were a bit surprised that all songs ("Lost In You", "If I Wasn't Your Daughte" and that Genetikk song) were flops. She's not used to this at all when it comes to lead singles, BTMM was her first real flop after all...

Anyways, looking at the busy schedule for the upcoming months, she should wait until the second half of january to release this. Everything else will be charts suicide.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:24 pm

But they weren't supporting any of those tracks massively.

"If I Wasn't Your Daughter" was #1 on iTunes and it was kind of talked about. They should have pushed it with a good music video, another performance, a proper single release, etc.

"Lost In You" didn't even have a music video, no single performance, etc.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:27 pm

True... it's sad how they wasted the potential of "Daughter" :(

Maybe a 'real' lead single is yet to come.
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:36 am

Tansike wrote:She's touring in early 2018 so i'm sure we will get this until then. But maybe they were a bit surprised that all songs ("Lost In You", "If I Wasn't Your Daughte" and that Genetikk song) were flops. She's not used to this at all when it comes to lead singles, BTMM was her first real flop after all...

Anyways, looking at the busy schedule for the upcoming months, she should wait until the second half of january to release this. Everything else will be charts suicide.
And Lena still does a lot of TV stuff by the way, except for promoting her own thing as it appears.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Sayhey » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Oh has the tour been pushed back? I had seen December tour dates as I was tempted to see her when I come back to Germany in December
Sayhey
Personal Assistant

Postby Tansike » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm

^ don't know, the swiss date was always in february
Tansike
Legend

Return to Pop