Ed Sheeran - ÷ (Divide) & ÷ World Tour

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby frrr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:26 am

He already sais he won't release anything new before 2020
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby Affillate » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 am

Well he hasn't moved away from the three year pattern with his albums so far:

2011: +
2014: x
2017: ÷
2020?: ?
Affillate
Manager

Postby GreekGeek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

matheusbelmont wrote:With the new dates the tour will pass the $800 million gross and 9 million of tickets sold.
Watch him adding more dates to hit the 1 billion mark in gross and the highest grossing tour ever. Pure greed.
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby beredy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 am

If there's a demand (and obviously there is), it ain't greed. Do you think Kylie wouldn't go for it? Madonna? Janet? Beyonce? U2? (enter any big touring artist)?

It's only a matter of time until someone breaks the $1 billion line. Just like $100m was once unheard of, or $200m, or $300m... Nobody called the first ones to get there greedy (well maybe some jealous fans did).
beredy
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm

beredy wrote:If there's a demand (and obviously there is), it ain't greed. Do you think Kylie wouldn't go for it? Madonna? Janet? Beyonce? U2? (enter any big touring artist)?
All of this.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby theMathematician » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm

It's his choice to do the concerts the same way it's up to the people to attend them or not. With a net worth of £80million, he'd find a way to pay the bills even without those additional concerts, I guess ;) . Especially since he's not the kind of man who is into a fancy lifestyle in the first place...
theMathematician
Roadie

Postby GreekGeek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm

spiritboy wrote:
beredy wrote:If there's a demand (and obviously there is), it ain't greed. Do you think Kylie wouldn't go for it? Madonna? Janet? Beyonce? U2? (enter any big touring artist)?
All of this.
P!nk could tour Australia for ever but she doesn't. Obviously the demand is there. Adele could tour the globe forever too. However, there are several reasons that all of these acts put an end at some point. :wink:

I'm not a hater, i love some of Ed's stuff and i do not care at all for who will get the billion grossing tour.
My only concern is that kind of behaviour. Imo, it's really sad seeing people caring only about the money...
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby beredy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm

GreekGeek wrote:
spiritboy wrote:
All of this.
P!nk could tour Australia for ever but she doesn't. Obviously the demand is there. Adele could tour the globe forever too. However, there are several reasons that all of these acts put an end at some point. :wink:

I'm not a hater, i love some of Ed's stuff and i do not care at all for who will get the billion grossing tour.
My only concern is that kind of behaviour. Imo, it's really sad seeing people caring only about the money...
Adele HATES touring. She's very vocal about that. P!nk could I guess but she couldn't release new album to justify it being the same tour for 10 years.
beredy
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm

All of those artitsts have children as well. Most just don't want to be on the road forever/ this long even if they could. He is milking it now and is probably also ambitious as he likes stats/numbers. He just keeps adding dates people want to see him, he wants to tour, so I see no harm. tickets are not as expesive like for most other artists as well. I'll just hope he takes a long break after that and returns with better music a la + and a little bit of X. Divide was shit :lol:
Last edited by BeeBoy on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby theMathematician » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 pm

I think you are right about the ambition part indeed. On the other hand, although he's already filthy rich and does not have a fancy lifestyle either, he doesn't seem to mind some additional dollars on his account either - all the announced concerts take place in million cities to ensure that a lot of people attend each concert. If he was really doing it for the fans and his passion for music only, he'd pick much smaller venues (Small towns that are usually skipped by big acts and where only local acts perform. *) - and still, his name alone would ensure that they'd be sold out.

* For example, the only Austrian city most international acts tour is Vienna. While it's our capital, there are of course more towns with people that would love to go to a concert without always having to go to Vienna for that purpose.
Last edited by theMathematician on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theMathematician
Roadie

Postby beredy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm

BUT if he can fill a stadium two or more days in a row (be it a city with millions of people or not), why wouldn't he? I still see no reasonable argument for that.
beredy
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 am

Yeah, i don't get the logic of performing in small venues when he can sell out stadiums easily :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Return to Pop