Steps - Tears on the Dancefloor

Moderator: Spartan

Postby oaknuys » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Fan wrote:I haven't been this excited for a new album in a very long time :o Only two more days!
Hehe... me too! Based on the first 3 tracks on the album its gonna an awesome one! I just wished it would have more than 10 tracks, albeit I'm hugely waiting for the Story Of A Heart remix as well!

I seriously hope they gonna release the second official single in the coming weeks.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Btw... off topic but... i was thinking Its The Way You Make Feel is one of the pop's best ever efforts! Its such an evergreen, a classic to my ears!
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Fan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:50 pm

oaknuys wrote:
Fan wrote:I haven't been this excited for a new album in a very long time :o Only two more days!
Hehe... me too! Based on the first 3 tracks on the album its gonna an awesome one! I just wished it would have more than 10 tracks, albeit I'm hugely waiting for the Story Of A Heart remix as well!

I seriously hope they gonna release the second official single in the coming weeks.
It certainly sounds very promising! I'm especially excited for the Darren Haynes penned track "No More Tears On The Dancefloor".
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Fan wrote:
oaknuys wrote:

It certainly sounds very promising! I'm especially excited for the Darren Haynes penned track "No More Tears On The Dancefloor".
Darren Hayes of Savage Garden?
Btw... is there any chance I Will Love Again to be Lara Fabian's cover?
oaknuys
Manager

Postby menime123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 pm

From their Twitter...

Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 am

"Story...." is pretty gorgeous and though it's nice to hear the boys on the chorus I'd love to hear a song that is as equally distributed as "Say You'll Be Mine" as both of the lads are good vocalists.

I know it's already posted in the single thread but it deserves more attention.

For a debut performance it was pretty slick and I'm glad they were given a bit of production as a welcome back. Again, nice to hear the males a little more in the chorus but the track was a little too loud for my liking.
Most importantly they all looked like they were living for this performance which bodes well for the future and the tour.

Hard to believe that at midnight there'll be a brand new Steps album for our listening pleasure :o
BRING IT ON!!!
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 am

The awesomeness is the fact the album hasn't leaked yet!
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 am

Story of a Heart is now online on iTunes!

Omg.... this is utterly absolutely divine! The best pop track since the longest! Gives me shivers and goosebumps! Omg...
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 am

For someone who is literally born and raised with Abba songs; hearing such delicately modernized version of Story of a Heart is like pure glory! I initially loved Benny Andersson's version, but Steps version for some reason is even more tangible !

Oh btw... Kodus to Faye for delivering such crisp, clear and outstanding vocals to this masterpiece!

(I just wished Agnetha and Frida would have sang this utter masterpiece as their tribute to Abba! That could have easily made it just as fabulous as The Winner Takes It All)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am

SOAH is such a Steps/ABBA track! I'm so excited for the album :D
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:29 am

menime123 wrote:SOAH is such a Steps/ABBA track! I'm so excited for the album :D
I genuinely wished Abba would have recorded Story of a Heart / Another You Another Me and I Know Him So Well... but still thanks to Steps we have them perfectly and immaculately recorded!
oaknuys
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Thank Big Gay Jesus for international release dates!!!!
LISTENING NOW :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
My feels can't deal.
Will post back after I've had time to digest all of this.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Fan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

oaknuys wrote:Darren Hayes of Savage Garden?
Yes! :D He tweeted about it a while back.

Story Of A Heart is soo cheesy and I absolutely LOVE it. These guys are giving me so much joy at the moment.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Fan wrote:
oaknuys wrote:Darren Hayes of Savage Garden?
Yes! :D He tweeted about it a while back.

Story Of A Heart is soo cheesy and I absolutely LOVE it. These guys are giving me so much joy at the moment.
Should be a great thing then!
SOAH is beyond glorious!
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Lara Fabian cover?! Yup... that is! Awesomeness
oaknuys
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 pm

How long is the album then? Need a midnight listen but got work tomorrow :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Okay, so just finished my first listen.

Firstly, I can't believe how amazing it is to listen to a new STEPS album. But by god, it sounds like a STEPS album! A lot of it is samey and potentially over produced.

I first listen my favourites are Firefly and Neon Blue. Scared of The Dark was the strongest song and right for first single.

Can we have another album next year please? :P
menime123
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am

They need to go out now and perform Story Of A Heart as much as they can!

I'm listening to the album and will be back for a review on this in a couple of few days.

So far i love how the album is nicely influenced by 80s sound while being decently updated to make it sound fresh!

Great job guys! I hope the album gets a decent charting position in uk and warrant them for yet another album down the line.
oaknuys
Manager

Postby xBFG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 am

menime123 wrote:From their Twitter...

I hope this is next single

Pure poo masterpiece
xBFG
Roadie

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

Am i the only one who thinks the album is really dull? the lyrics are terrible and the songs are all pretty dull.

The first single is great but nothing else stands out.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Hype » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 am

Definitely a steps album! I wish they'd changed the tempo up a bit. It wouldn't sound so samey if there was a mid tempo or ballad chucked in there. Having said that I really enjoy it. The first three tracks are pure pop holiness ❤️❤️
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 am

It's not what I expected... but it's very Steps. They've gone for big beats but if they toned it down a bit most of it would sound like it was from their Steptacular album. Basically, it's over produced.

I think Scared of The Dark, You Make Me Whole, Story of a Heart, Firefly and Neon Blue are the stand outs.
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am

Their itunes pricing is silly... if you buy the individual tracks it's actually cheaper than buying the album (you just don't get those pointless remixes on the end).
menime123
Superstar

Postby xBFG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 am

menime123 wrote:Their itunes pricing is silly... if you buy the individual tracks it's actually cheaper than buying the album (you just don't get those pointless remixes on the end).
Really ? 10 song for 99p is ? Let me guess. 9.99 and price of the album is 9.99 for 10 plus 2 remixes which are very good
xBFG
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

xBFG wrote:
menime123 wrote:Their itunes pricing is silly... if you buy the individual tracks it's actually cheaper than buying the album (you just don't get those pointless remixes on the end).
Really ? 10 song for 99p is ? Let me guess. 9.99 and price of the album is 9.99 for 10 plus 2 remixes which are very good
Mate, I can do maths - go check the pricing if you don't believe me :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Return to Pop