Lady Gaga | The Cure

Moderators: Spartan, king_oxymoron

Postby tyguy723 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm

I'll come to terms with this being basic as f*** if it does its job of being a good hit for her on radio for more than two weeks. It really is catchy, haven't stopped listening to it :lol:
tyguy723
Manager

Postby weare » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 am

most of her fans like pop song, I'm sure 70% of her fans prefer "the cure" to Joanne. Fans need the song like TF, TFM or BTW album.

if someone said this is trash and want to listen to high quality of music, so you should listen Tony Bennett or Susan Boyle. Keep in mind that Lady gaga becomes popular because of Pop song (TF+TFM) not artistic music.
weare
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 am

B_IN_ME wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:This is the start of her Hard Candy era.
I think she release The Cure to rebuild her legacy as a radio-artist. NOW she has MR with good airplay-numbers. On Joanne, there's no other song that could reach 75 mio. So I think she use that good run from MR to get another radio-hit. I mean TC screams "play me heavy rotation" :wink:
To me it screams 'delete file'
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:18 am

It's so good :cry:

I love MR and "Joanne" has some other really good songs, but this is her best thing since "Venus" for me.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 am

weare wrote:most of her fans like pop song, I'm sure 70% of her fans prefer "the cure" to Joanne. Fans need the song like TF, TFM or BTW album.

if someone said this is trash and want to listen to high quality of music, so you should listen Tony Bennett or Susan Boyle. Keep in mind that Lady gaga becomes popular because of Pop song (TF+TFM) not artistic music.
You do realise that every album she released (as 'solo' artist) has been pop music? Joanne is a pop album, it just borrows elements from an other genre, in comparison to her first few albums who borrow more from edm. Nobody is also talking about her doing an other C2C or pulling a Susan Boyle (the latter isn't even artistic to begin with) but pop can be better than The Cure and that is where people are talking about.

The Cure is more predictable than we ever seen Gaga do. Mainly Gaga did her own thing (which worked out fine for the first few eras) and The Cure is far more safe, predictable and generic. It will grow on some people, and some others expected something better because of what they are used from her, some other people will keep hating it. And that is basically what happens with every Gaga era :lol:
R.I.P. Chester, an inspiration, a legend.
When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
Jesper
Legend

Postby Biebz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 am

This probably one of my favourite songs she has ever done, move aside Alejandro :cry:
retro sensibility with a futuristic flare
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby theArmy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 am

Brilliant Pop music that only a few can do :cry: 8-)

Missed her softer voice!!
Who said I was an angel?
theArmy
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 am

There's nothing bad about basic pop, if you do it the right way. This is good. At the end of the day, Gaga is a popstar, not a Bjork type indie artist. Popstars need hits.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby hellohello » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am

I think this could do wonders for her, even though I hate it. I really hope there is a new album cause "Joanne" was dire imo.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 am

spiritboy wrote:There's nothing bad about basic pop, if you do it the right way. This is good. At the end of the day, Gaga is a popstar, not a Bjork type indie artist. Popstars need hits.
she can be a pop star and not be basic. there aren't only the two options of basic music VS bjork music

Joanne was wannabe "stripped back" and "raw" with an intention to reclaim the reputation lost with ARTPOP. and now that she got that, she's aiming to score a big hit with a generic pop song.

I'd LOVE for her to get that hit, but imo she hasn't been doing her best in years. I still prefer most of the BTW/ARTPOP stuff to anything that came after, at least it wasn't purposely blandified for critical or commercial success, it was very Gaga whether you loved or hated it
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am

spiritboy wrote:There's nothing bad about basic pop, if you do it the right way.
I think this is so true especially in recent times. It seems people just want more and more to the point that artists can't do much more else and need to strip it back and that's what Gaga has done here. She's been criticised so much over the past few years about overproduced songs so I'm glad she's taken this risk.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 am

Carbon wrote:
spiritboy wrote:There's nothing bad about basic pop, if you do it the right way. This is good. At the end of the day, Gaga is a popstar, not a Bjork type indie artist. Popstars need hits.
she can be a pop star and not be basic. there aren't only the two options of basic music VS bjork music

Joanne was wannabe "stripped back" and "raw" with an intention to reclaim the reputation lost with ARTPOP. and now that she got that, she's aiming to score a big hit with a generic pop song.

I'd LOVE for her to get that hit, but imo she hasn't been doing her best in years. I still prefer most of the BTW/ARTPOP stuff to anything that came after, at least it wasn't purposely blandified for critical or commercial success, it was very Gaga whether you loved or hated it
BTW is her best album imo, her creativity at its best. Though she has made some great songs after that, she's on decline artistically. Joanne was a step in the right direction imo.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby lovedeluxe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Love the song.
lovedeluxe
Groupie

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 am

Airwrecka wrote:Can't believe you missed a perfect promo opportunity, Akini. :cry:
Shame on me! :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby sbk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 am

I love it. This is the euphoric synth pop bop by Gags I never knew I needed :cry:
sbk
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm

This is brilliant. Hope it'll be a big hit for Gagaloo.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 pm

So baby tell me yes and I will give you everything

It's definitely a grower. On first listen it did nothing for me. Now, I can't stop listening. I'm addicted. :cry:
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Why are people upset at her releasing a Pop song? Isn't that what she's supposed to do?
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby JimJim » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 am

God, this has been stuck in my head all week and I'd only heard it 2 or 3 times!

Doing really well in Australia, it's been #1 on iTunes all week, she's got a smash on her hands.

The song has one of those annoying, yet catchy sounds throughout, somewhat akin to Bieber's 'Sorry'.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby ArmyOfMe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 am

DnBLover wrote:Why are people upset at her releasing a Pop song? Isn't that what she's supposed to do?
Not all pop is basic, and this song definitely falls under the category of basic. I don't like it, but that said she can do whatever she pleases. I just won't be listening if she keeps releasing this Chainsmokers-esque crap.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am

Is she gonna pop another album anytime soon though?
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby theArmy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am

oaknuys wrote:Is she gonna pop another album anytime soon though?
apparently an EP on May 19
Who said I was an angel?
theArmy
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 am

theArmy wrote:
Oh wow.
It aint that bad then, a couple of decent radio friendly ones is cool have after all this time.
Does it mean Joanne is done at this point? John Wayne had apparently flopped too.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby ECE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 am

This screams HIT! Love it and it's so unexpected. Go Gagz
ECE
Superstar

Postby theArmy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am

oaknuys wrote:
theArmy wrote:
Oh wow.
It aint that bad then, a couple of decent radio friendly ones is cool have after all this time.
Does it mean Joanne is done at this point? John Wayne had apparently flopped too.
nothing's confirmed tho but yeah this is the start of a new era!
John Wayne only had a video, it wasn't an official single release
Who said I was an angel?
theArmy
Legend

Return to Pure Pop