Jennifer Lopez + Wisin | Amor Amor Amor

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Benjamin » Sat May 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Second single from her upcoming full Spanish studio album 'Por Primera Vez' and the follow-up to the single 'Ni Tù Ni Yo'.
Last edited by Benjamin on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby NotMyUmbrella » Sat May 06, 2017 1:54 pm

She has so many different things going on and i have a feeling that music comes last nowadays. I am absolutly sure that she has the spanish album ready (and another english album) , but she can't find the right moment to release this, cause there is no free space to promote her music anymore with "Shades of Blue", "Vegas Residency", "World of dance" and all the other projects going on. It's crazy how much she has to handle at the same time nowaways, feels like it becomes more and more every year. Good for her, but she harms her musical career more and more with this. The spanish album was supposed to be out in January 2017 with an official lead single out last November. She confirmed herself that the album was ready back in November, but then she went back into the studio to record new songs. She works on an all english album as well since 2015, but we still have no information about that. She had a huge hit with "Ain't your mama" in Europe last year and all she recently said was, that there will be a few english singles this year. Not really sure what kind of plan they have with her english music, but i have a feeling that things change around her now. We can not expect the typical lead singles with music videos and all that. She has turned into a singer that releases random songs, buzz singles or promo singles more often now. We had "LLegaste", "Olvidame y pega la vuelta" and "Mirate" so far. We have no clue if those songs end up on the spanish album at all. She also performed "Ni tu ni yo" which is another song for the spanish album. Some of them had one single live performance with small effects, others had low budget music videos with no effect.

She mentioned "Amor amor amor" in one of her instagram videos playing the song in her car. This could work as the official lead single, but when do they want to release this record? She is busy this summer, there is just too much to do at the same time. I have no idea where we end up with this.
NotMyUmbrella
Roadie

Postby oaknuys » Sat May 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Well said, she seems dealing with different things at a same time and from time to time she'll release a random duet single, clearly for some reason her Heart is not in it at this point.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Sat May 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Tbh she should just go for it
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby NotMyUmbrella » Sat May 06, 2017 4:21 pm

I miss those days when we had a proper lead single with proper promo, announcement of the album and official information about the record. This feels nothing like "Como ama una mujer" back in 2007. We had "Qué hiciste" and she promoted it everywhere worldwide. It didn't spawn much more, but it was a success back then. Nowadays we heard almost every track from the new record, before we get it. I find it not very clever to present "LLegaste", "Olvidame y pega la vuelta", "Mirate", "Ni tu ni yo" and "Amor Amor Amor" in random live concerts or instagram clips. Maybe i am oldschool with that, but for me it is much more interesting to buy a record i can expect surprises from. People download what they get and lose interest in the final product. This spanish album was supposed to be out in January. They still work on it and we didn't get a proper single so far. We heard half of the album now in low quality or via snippets, i don't know. Get it together and release this already.

"Amor Amor Amor" sounds good, summerish and fresh. I love it. But i want a proper release with a music video, radio deal and promo on TV.
NotMyUmbrella
Roadie

Postby GreekGeek » Sat May 06, 2017 6:11 pm

OK J Lo! Gimme my new summer jam! 8-)
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sun May 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Good post NotMyUmbrella - I agree with basically everything you said.

I hate how sometimes the brand Jennifer Lopez stands in the way of singer Jennifer Lopez.
'Amor Amor Amor' sounds like a smash - so I hope she will release it soon and promote it. To be honest, she really missed the chance to launch the singer at the Latin Billboard Awards, I truly don't understand why she didn't.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Fan » Sun May 07, 2017 1:27 pm

I think Jennifer sees music as a side job at the moment, a hobby. It's not where she makes her money and that's fair enough. All her other deals generate so much more for her, she is never going to be as big in the music business as she was during her first few era's. So I think she just enjoys what she does at the moment, releases a couple of tracks when she feels like it and nothing more.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Sun May 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Fan wrote:I think Jennifer sees music as a side job at the moment, a hobby. It's not where she makes her money and that's fair enough. All her other deals generate so much more for her, she is never going to be as big in the music business as she was during her first few era's. So I think she just enjoys what she does at the moment, releases a couple of tracks when she feels like it and nothing more.
this and i do not blame her at all. She's very successful and relevant so i am glad she's doing her thing.

I'd love to see her touring again but it's a bit too much at the moment :P
greek_boy
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Fan wrote:I think Jennifer sees music as a side job at the moment, a hobby. It's not where she makes her money and that's fair enough. All her other deals generate so much more for her, she is never going to be as big in the music business as she was during her first few era's. So I think she just enjoys what she does at the moment, releases a couple of tracks when she feels like it and nothing more.
I agree. And she's earned the right to do it however she wants (although I feel your pain NotMyUmbrella, sis :lol: )

She always delivers some bops so I'm here for whatever. And she still looks damn good.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:47 am

New single!
She's shooting the video today.

source.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby NoAngel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 am

Great choice. Can't wait! 8-)
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 am

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:24 am

So, she's shooting the video in The Bronx. Think she's #OnThe6 lane.
I'm so excited for this song and it's video.
I hope it will be the latin smash she deserves.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby NoAngel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Guess is sponsoring the video. More pics from the set:

B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 pm

^ Awesome. The license plate of the car says 'WOD' = world of dance. I expect a lot of dancing this time. Yay!

Another pic:

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby NoAngel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Someone who participated in the video shoot wrote there would be dancing!
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby NotMyUmbrella » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Still excited for the album and the new single, but this era is a total mess. "A.K.A" was a desaster in many ways, but this era feels so uninspired like she doesn't care for her album anymore. All the delays, the music videos don't fit the songs at all, no promo, random releases which never see the light of day on the radio and half of the album is already on the internet again, as you can listen to a lot of previews of new spanish songs already. Months ago, she posted clips on Instagramm, Facebook, Twitter.... The songs sound dated already, the influence of Marc Anthony is undeniable, but old. There seems to be no plan behind this record at all. I see this coming in October with a week of promo and that's it. If they don't get it out in October, there will be no time left for it in 2017. She has two movies coming up, Vegas, "World of Dance" and "Shades of Blue". They announced this album in 2016 for January 2017. They went back into the studio to re-record songs or record new songs over and over again in 2017. This record screams: "It didn't fit, we had to change things again several times".

For the new single "Amor Amor Amor" i am excited, but it's not the same hype i had for previous records. Not into her spanish music anymore as it sounds a lot like Marc's "Como ama una mujer" in 2007. Hopefully there are some good uptempos on it, but where is the buzz? Nobody knows about this release, "Ni tu ni yo" is non-existing worldwide, even if it is "Gold" in Spain now. Such a performance for a lead single is a desaster and "Amor" has the same vibe and sound like "Adrenalina", but we had that all before.

Like many fans of her i think that a sexy tropical music video with a lot of dancing AND a dancebreak would be SUPERB and could work for her several times. The songs that come to my mind when i see "JLO" are "Ain't if funny", "Forever", "Step into my world", "I'm into you", "I, love" or "So good". These songs have this latin vibe, exotic/tropical sounds which i want from her. I also love her funky side like "Get right" or "Hold it don't drop it", it would be hot to get another funk classic from her in 2018.
NotMyUmbrella
Roadie

Postby Benjamin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:05 pm

^ Agreed with basically everything you said. I am still excited about this record though. I hope 'Amor Amor Amor' will be a hit for her.

I agree with the exotic/tropical vibes. That's exactly what I want from her. With a hot music video and a dance break.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby NoAngel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Unfortunately, it seems this and whole Spanish album have been shelved. Apparently, someone from her team told fans at Tidal concert that this won't be released this year and that there's no planned release date. Right now she's focused on Dubai concert and a movie she's about to start filming.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Pretty much
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Glad that her last album was the best one then
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am

I can understand why they are postponing it for now. Since it'd be better to (re)launch the era with 'Amor Amor Amor' as the 'first' single in Spring 2018.
I hope that's the strategy, but I'm afraid they have no clue what they are doing.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby NoAngel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 pm

It's not shelved after all! Jen's just confirmed on insta live that it's coming on November 10! To late, but the bop is the bop :lol:
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 pm

^ OMG YASSSSS!
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to Pop