Camila Cabello - Camila

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

 

Postby thankfulforkelly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:44 am

The album would’ve been so much better had CITC, OMG, IHQ, Sangria Wine and Scar Tissue all been on it.
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Jesper » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:The album would’ve been so much better had CITC, OMG, IHQ, Sangria Wine and Scar Tissue all been on it.
If Epic weren't such b*tches we probably would have gotten all that material on an album. :cry:
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24371
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Benjamin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:The album would’ve been so much better had CITC, OMG, IHQ, Sangria Wine and Scar Tissue all been on it.
I know! :cry: :cry:
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 60814
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby GetBack » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm

I'm pissed that "Crying in the Club" did not make it! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Carey like Mariah.
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 29950
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010
Location: Philippines

Postby mattsky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Gravity wrote:All these outtakes would have made a better album with more personality.
This!
Haven't been early since '88
User avatar
mattsky
Superstar
 
Posts: 8826
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Location: Khia's hood

Postby Gravity » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Into It randomly came on shuffle. Such a nice little tune - would love to her more songs like this from her, but Latin-infused pop songs will probably be her bread and butter.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10140
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby Hype » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am

I really enjoy the album, I added all the singles in to it.
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
User avatar
Hype
Legend
 
Posts: 12599
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:30 pm

The album is cute as it is but this would actually make a much better album:

1. Havana (ft Young Thug)
2. She Loves Control
3. OMG (ft Quavo)
4. Crying in the Club
5. Scar Tissue
6. I Have Questions
7. All These Years
8. Sangria Wine (ft Pharrell)
9. Inside Out
10. Never Be The Same
11. Consequences
12. Real Friends
13. Into It
14. In the Dark
15. Something’s Gotta Give
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Jesper » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

I think I would not have minded had the album looked like

01. Love Incredible
02. Never Be The Same
03. All These Years
04. She Loves Control
05. Havana
06. Sangria Wine
07. Inside Out
08. Consequences
09. Real Friends
10. Into It
11. Scar Tissue
12. In The Dark
13. I Have Questions
14. Crying In The Club
15. OMG
16. Bad Things (Solo Version)
17. Must Be Love
18. Something's Gotta Give
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24371
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby solitaire » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Yep I fail to see why she insisted on the album being 10 tracks only. :roll: I'm sure she had other big tracks to put on there, which would've given the album a bit of diversity.
One life with one dream on repeat
User avatar
solitaire
Manager
 
Posts: 2346
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013

Postby Jesper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:51 am

solitaire wrote:Yep I fail to see why she insisted on the album being 10 tracks only. :roll: I'm sure she had other big tracks to put on there, which would've given the album a bit of diversity.
I don’t think she insisted on it though
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24371
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Jesper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:19 am



And both Scar Tissue and Sangria Wine are being worked on to be released, both at different times
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24371
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Benjamin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 am

OMG yay :)
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 60814
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby solitaire » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Jesper wrote:
solitaire wrote:Yep I fail to see why she insisted on the album being 10 tracks only. :roll: I'm sure she had other big tracks to put on there, which would've given the album a bit of diversity.
I don’t think she insisted on it though
I think she did, or at least she said so. I remember watching an interview in which she specifically mentioned she wanted the album to be only 10 tracks long. I remember finding it weird at the time. Don't remember what the interview was tho. Sorry.
One life with one dream on repeat
User avatar
solitaire
Manager
 
Posts: 2346
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013

Postby latiniladop » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 pm

latiniladop
Groupie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018

Postby Jesper » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:50 am

solitaire wrote:
Jesper wrote:
solitaire wrote:Yep I fail to see why she insisted on the album being 10 tracks only. :roll: I'm sure she had other big tracks to put on there, which would've given the album a bit of diversity.
I don’t think she insisted on it though
I think she did, or at least she said so. I remember watching an interview in which she specifically mentioned she wanted the album to be only 10 tracks long. I remember finding it weird at the time. Don't remember what the interview was tho. Sorry.
And we also all know that artists also say things, when there is a pushback you also don’t hear artists say ‘my label pushed the release back because they didn’t like my direction’, instead you hear ‘I didn’t fell the album was ready yet, I needed more time to find the right pieces of this puzzle’. Camila might say she only wanted to go for 10 songs, but the way of how she recorded this album highly suggests that it is more about money than het actually choosing for that amount of tracks.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24371
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Benjamin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 pm


:D :D
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 60814
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Biebz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:06 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:The album is cute as it is but this would actually make a much better album:

1. Havana (ft Young Thug)
2. She Loves Control
3. OMG (ft Quavo)
4. Crying in the Club
5. Scar Tissue
6. I Have Questions
7. All These Years
8. Sangria Wine (ft Pharrell)
9. Inside Out
10. Never Be The Same
11. Consequences
12. Real Friends
13. Into It
14. In the Dark
15. Something’s Gotta Give
Erm, why are the two best songs shoved to the end of the album?
Oh god miss u on my lips, It’s me ur little Venice bitchhhh
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23326
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby AllieCat17 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:44 pm

No joke. I really wanted a lot of those songs to be on the album. Her label must have really done her in on that stuff ;(
AllieCat17
Groupie
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018

Postby Benjamin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am

I'm ready for the next single.
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 60814
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby mattsky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Benjamin wrote:I'm ready for the next single.
I guess everyone is!
:D
Haven't been early since '88
User avatar
mattsky
Superstar
 
Posts: 8826
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Location: Khia's hood

Postby spiritboy » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 pm

This is a very good album. It has many potential singles. She Loves Control, Inside Out and Real Friends are some possible future singles.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 23703
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Must Be Love is so good as well, it’s like the superior version of Bad Things. Why are all the songs that got scrapped so good?!
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Gravity » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:Must Be Love is so good as well, it’s like the superior version of Bad Things. Why are all the songs that got scrapped so good?!
She didn't have money for good stuff :lol:
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10140
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby mattsky » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 pm

She’s a great performer! I loved her show in Chicago!
Haven't been early since '88
User avatar
mattsky
Superstar
 
Posts: 8826
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Location: Khia's hood

Return to Pop