Anastacia - Evolution

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 pm

I can remember being so excited when she resigned with SONY and all that it amounted to was rushed, unneeded, Greatest Hits with some disappointing bonus tracks? I can see the promotion of this being just as bad lol. She'll probably give an interview on Loose Women in the UK and maybe This Morning if we're lucky and then dissapear till she's promoting another tour lol. I'm excited about the album artwork tho!!
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 am

Well I'm not feeling caught in the middle at all :/ it's really not Sprock.. gahhhh
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:08 am

Album cover

I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 am

Album cover

Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am

I feel this may be the album I give up. We keep getting promised Sprock and it never is :'(
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:49 am

The cover is fanmade, right?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:50 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:The cover is fanmade, right?
No I don't think so...
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 am

Anastacia shared the album cover on IG. Real
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:14 pm

If she didn't promise sprock, I wouldn't have been disappointed. I quite like the verse but the chorus is very underwhelming. Does she even know what sprock is lol? The cover looks lazy also. Ressurection had a much better lead single and cover. I suspected that she wouldn't make great music while also being on tour. I hope I'm wrong
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Freakydeaky23 wrote:If she didn't promise sprock, I wouldn't have been disappointed. I quite like the verse but the chorus is very underwhelming. Does she even know what sprock is lol? The cover looks lazy also. Ressurection had a much better lead single and cover. I suspected that she wouldn't make great music while also being on tour. I hope I'm wrong
This so much :/ I would still have been disappointed because it sounds like it should have been on Heavy Rotation. I just thought with the number of times over the last month and a bit she's said its Sprock and like her 2004 album but a bit updated that it was going to be Sprock with a twist?

I just feel this happens over and over again. The only piece of Sprock she's really done post Pieces of a Dream is Stupid Little Things. I love Anastacia and have a huge amount of respect for her, but I just hope the album is completely different to the single.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Queen of Germany

I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:59 pm

I think the production sounds so much better than Heavy Roatation. HE felt like a bad demo. I actually quite like the build up to the song I just think the chorus isn't great. She needs a reminder of what sprock actually is and start writing good lyrics again. With a nice bridge this could be a little bop but I'm still underwhelmed
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Queen of Germany :lol:

Bevor am 15. September 2017 mit "Evolution" ein neues Studioalbum von Anastacia erscheint, bringt die US-amerikanische Sängerin bereits im Vorfeld gemeinsam mit Aldi Süd eine exklusive Modekollektion auf den Markt.

Am 7. September präsentiert Anastacia die Kollektion bei einer Fashionshow mit dem Motto "Music Loves Fashion" im Kölner E-Werk, wo sie auch einige Songs des neuen Albums vorstellen will.

Der Verkauf der Kollektion mit "verschiedenen Outfits im Glam-Rock-Style" startet am 14. September in allen Aldi-Süd-Filialen in Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz und Ungarn.

Nachdem Aldi Süd bereits Modekollektionen mit dem Fernsehmoderator Daniel Aminati und der Desigenerin Jette Joop startete, stellt die Kooperation mit Anastacia nun die erste Aldi-Kollektion mit einem Musiker dar.

(...)

FULL ARTICLE
Last edited by KokoCollino on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Freakydeaky23 wrote:I think the production sounds so much better than Heavy Roatation. HE felt like a bad demo. I actually quite like the build up to the song I just think the chorus isn't great. She needs a reminder of what sprock actually is and start writing good lyrics again. With a nice bridge this could be a little bop but I'm still underwhelmed
I think it just sounds like a HR song. I like HR for what it is, but want updated Sprock album like we've been promised for the last 8 or so years lol. I fail to hear any Sprock, its just generic pop in the 1 minute I've heard :'( :'( :'(. I want to like her music because its fantastic, not just because I love everything she does.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm

KokoCollino wrote:^ Universal has teams all over the world. It just means she's signed to Universal Germany and they will create all the assets, invest the money and get cash from the sales outside Germany too.

However, it doesn't mean that every international team will work the album. Universal Germany will need to motivate their colleagues.
Btw it's in cooperation with "Music for Millions" which is the RTL music label. So we can expect many TV commercials :D

"Evolution" ist bereits das siebte Studioalbum von Anastacia. Es erscheint im Vertrieb von Universal Music in Kooperation mit Music for Millions, dem Musiklabel der Mediengruppe RTL.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm still confused how she signed with Sony for a Greatest Hits only :lol:
No wonder she toured for a while with the greatest hits.

Although I'm happy she has found a new label so quick

1999-2006 Epic/Sony
2007-2009 Mercury/Universal
2011-2015 BMG
2015-2016 Sony
2017 Universal Music Germany
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Mikerocha wrote:I'm still confused how she signed with Sony for a Greatest Hits only :lol:
No wonder she toured for a while with the greatest hits.

Although I'm happy she has found a new label so quick

1999-2006 Epic/Sony
2007-2009 Mercury/Universal
2011-2015 BMG
2015-2016 Sony
2017 Universal Music Germany
Sony has the rights for most songs on the GH so it made sense for them
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Sounds really basic, so disappointed, the album cover is ok but also meh.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:19 pm

I don't think she ever recovered from leaving both Lisa Braude and her original label. Did SONY just use her to make a small bit of money on another greatest hits?
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby sprock93 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:58 pm

I like the first part, and I don't like the chorus too. She just had to put some guitars instead of that terrible ""oriental"" sound! Let's listen to the whole song and album. For sure I ll pre order Evolution this fridat!
sprock93
Manager

Postby addiction_x » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:13 pm

I LOVE the single preview (YouTube link: http://bit.ly/2eH3yIH)

The cover is really poor though. It looks fanmade and I've always liked her covers, even Heavy Rotation when the album itself wasn't very good. :/

Btw, the single not being sprock doesn't mean it isn't on the album at all, maybe she did a reverse of Resurrection (sprock on the rest of the album, none on the single) lol.
Last edited by addiction_x on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
addiction_x
Roadie

Postby sprock93 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Yes we are in summer so maybe this is the more commercial song of the album, let's see and listen :D
sprock93
Manager

Postby LonelyDreamer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:37 am

Preview sounds underwhelming and album cover is cheap... :roll: Well, let's see.
vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:34 am

Does Anastacia have as much say in her music anymore?
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby Mikerocha » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 am

Have a say? Yes

Worth investing too much money? No

Will others invest the money? Hell no.
Mikerocha
Superstar

Return to Pop