Anastacia - Evolution

Moderator: Spartan

 

Postby theArmy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:51 pm

That cover lol
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
User avatar
theArmy
Legend
 
Posts: 27002
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011
Location: Pop Heaven

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:04 am

Anastacia told a fan on.instagram that the album has 13 songs, some are pop , some are more soul and some are "real sprock" and that it all crosses together
Freakydeaky23
Roadie
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014

Postby Jesper » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:42 am

Freakydeaky23 wrote:Anastacia told a fan on.instagram that the album has 13 songs, some are pop , some are more soul and some are "real sprock" and that it all crosses together
Interesting description, curious for the record
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 21673
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby nekoocz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm

I only hope Its not another zzzzzz album
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13246
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby LonelyDreamer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:21 am

Out now and actually way better than expected! Not a "Stupid Little Things", though.
vulnicura.
User avatar
LonelyDreamer
Superstar
 
Posts: 5920
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007

Postby Oldmacs » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Preordered the album... cause I buy everything of hers. Don't feel compelled to listen at all though. Hoping that the album has some proper Sprock on it.
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Last edited by CrazyCrazy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:22 pm

That sounds awful. Two songs now with very a forgettable chorus. I said it a year ago, she won't be able to tour and write at the same time, she couldn't do it with Take This Chance on her last tour and so far she's made meh music
Freakydeaky23
Roadie
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014

Postby Oldmacs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 pm

Both the new songs we've heard previews of are very uninspiring. I bought into the interviews that said it would be like 2004 again :/
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 am

I'm not sure what to make of these 2 new snippets, need to hear the songs in full.
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Jesper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 am

From what we can hear from this record it feels like me like she is compensating between a commercial sound and what she actually has in mind. The GH songs and the material from this album so fr feel really safe and in the middle of the road, enjoyable, but not something that makes you run to your computer to open streaming services or iTunes or make you run to your nearest record store.
I feel this record will have the same problems as Heavy Rotation and that is that her voice benefits so much more from an organic sound, rather than a hot-at-the-moment formula. But I will keep positive and will wait till the full album is out to make a final verdict.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 21673
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby addiction_x » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm trying to avoid previews to keep the full surprise but I did listen to Redlight, sounds alright. How are Stamina and Boxer? :p
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:32 am

addiction_x wrote:I'm trying to avoid previews to keep the full surprise but I did listen to Redlight, sounds alright. How are Stamina and Boxer? :p
All a big disappointment to me. Its not Sprock, its not anything close to 2004 like she kept saying. I don't know why I preordered physically and digitally :/ Feels like this Andes Bagge guy took over the sound and feel of this album completely.
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am

^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
She's only ever done one Sprock album, it would hardly be rehashing herself. The previews sound completely uninspiring to me.
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

Oldmacs wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
She's only ever done one Sprock album, it would hardly be rehashing herself. The previews sound completely uninspiring to me.
I'm not sure what to make of these clips myself, sounds like a mix of Heavy Rotation and Resurrection so far which I actually wanted :lol: Boxer sounds pretty different, not heard My Everything yet which is on twitter now.

I don't need or want another Anastacia album.
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:02 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Oldmacs wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
She's only ever done one Sprock album, it would hardly be rehashing herself. The previews sound completely uninspiring to me.
I'm not sure what to make of these clips myself, sounds like a mix of Heavy Rotation and Resurrection so far which I actually wanted :lol: Boxer sounds pretty different, not heard My Everything yet which is on twitter now.

I don't need or want another Anastacia album.
I don't want another Anastacia album. I wanted what she described which was an updated version of the Sprock sound. Its possible to have a completely different album that has a similar sound. Lets put it this way, I want to listen to the album because its a great album, not because I feel obliged to because its my favourite artist's album.
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby Michiel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 pm

These previews sound awful. I can only hope the full songs/album are better!
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
User avatar
Michiel
Legend
 
Posts: 10719
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Oldmacs wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:
Oldmacs wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
She's only ever done one Sprock album, it would hardly be rehashing herself. The previews sound completely uninspiring to me.
I'm not sure what to make of these clips myself, sounds like a mix of Heavy Rotation and Resurrection so far which I actually wanted :lol: Boxer sounds pretty different, not heard My Everything yet which is on twitter now.

I don't need or want another Anastacia album.
I don't want another Anastacia album. I wanted what she described which was an updated version of the Sprock sound. Its possible to have a completely different album that has a similar sound. Lets put it this way, I want to listen to the album because its a great album, not because I feel obliged to because its my favourite artist's album.
Well I'm sure we are both still going to buy it regardless as we are both pretty stannish for Ana. :oops: :lol:
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Well I'm sure we are both still going to buy it regardless as we are both pretty stannish for Ana. :oops: :lol:
I've already bought it twice. Which I regret. Hopefully I like the other songs.
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

She said we were getting a modern version of sprock, none of the previews show that at all. It'll probably be basic pop with basic vocals that'll flop hard and be toured to death with some pointless tv work to delay another meh album that will be released when she's about 54. Her career has been almost entirely a mess since about 2007
Freakydeaky23
Roadie
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Freakydeaky23 wrote:She said we were getting a modern version of sprock, none of the previews show that at all. It'll probably be basic pop with basic vocals that'll flop hard and be toured to death with some pointless tv work to delay another meh album that will be released when she's about 54. Her career has been almost entirely a mess since about 2007
Its all very frustrating :/
User avatar
Oldmacs
Manager
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby NoAngels » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Cant wait for this album!!!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
User avatar
NoAngels
Superstar
 
Posts: 9653
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005
Location: Libya

Postby addiction_x » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am

She performed Boxer in Germany, everyone's raving about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmnviHsSvM
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:28 pm

addiction_x wrote:She performed Boxer in Germany, everyone's raving about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmnviHsSvM
Nice, definitely one of my faves from the previews. :D
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Return to Pop