Anastacia - Evolution

Moderator: Spartan

Postby theArmy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:51 pm

That cover lol
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:04 am

Anastacia told a fan on.instagram that the album has 13 songs, some are pop , some are more soul and some are "real sprock" and that it all crosses together
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby Jesper » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:42 am

Freakydeaky23 wrote:Anastacia told a fan on.instagram that the album has 13 songs, some are pop , some are more soul and some are "real sprock" and that it all crosses together
Interesting description, curious for the record
Jesper
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm

I only hope Its not another zzzzzz album
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby LonelyDreamer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:21 am

Out now and actually way better than expected! Not a "Stupid Little Things", though.
vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Postby Oldmacs » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Preordered the album... cause I buy everything of hers. Don't feel compelled to listen at all though. Hoping that the album has some proper Sprock on it.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Last edited by CrazyCrazy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:22 pm

That sounds awful. Two songs now with very a forgettable chorus. I said it a year ago, she won't be able to tour and write at the same time, she couldn't do it with Take This Chance on her last tour and so far she's made meh music
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby Oldmacs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 pm

Both the new songs we've heard previews of are very uninspiring. I bought into the interviews that said it would be like 2004 again :/
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 am

I'm not sure what to make of these 2 new snippets, need to hear the songs in full.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Jesper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 am

From what we can hear from this record it feels like me like she is compensating between a commercial sound and what she actually has in mind. The GH songs and the material from this album so fr feel really safe and in the middle of the road, enjoyable, but not something that makes you run to your computer to open streaming services or iTunes or make you run to your nearest record store.
I feel this record will have the same problems as Heavy Rotation and that is that her voice benefits so much more from an organic sound, rather than a hot-at-the-moment formula. But I will keep positive and will wait till the full album is out to make a final verdict.
Jesper
Legend

Postby addiction_x » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm trying to avoid previews to keep the full surprise but I did listen to Redlight, sounds alright. How are Stamina and Boxer? :p
addiction_x
Roadie

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:32 am

addiction_x wrote:I'm trying to avoid previews to keep the full surprise but I did listen to Redlight, sounds alright. How are Stamina and Boxer? :p
All a big disappointment to me. Its not Sprock, its not anything close to 2004 like she kept saying. I don't know why I preordered physically and digitally :/ Feels like this Andes Bagge guy took over the sound and feel of this album completely.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am

^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
She's only ever done one Sprock album, it would hardly be rehashing herself. The previews sound completely uninspiring to me.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

Oldmacs wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:^ oh come on, do you really want her to keep rehashing herself? The previews sound interesting a nice mix of sounds.
She's only ever done one Sprock album, it would hardly be rehashing herself. The previews sound completely uninspiring to me.
I'm not sure what to make of these clips myself, sounds like a mix of Heavy Rotation and Resurrection so far which I actually wanted :lol: Boxer sounds pretty different, not heard My Everything yet which is on twitter now.

I don't need or want another Anastacia album.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:02 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Oldmacs wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of these clips myself, sounds like a mix of Heavy Rotation and Resurrection so far which I actually wanted :lol: Boxer sounds pretty different, not heard My Everything yet which is on twitter now.

I don't want another Anastacia album. I wanted what she described which was an updated version of the Sprock sound. Its possible to have a completely different album that has a similar sound. Lets put it this way, I want to listen to the album because its a great album, not because I feel obliged to because its my favourite artist's album.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Michiel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 pm

These previews sound awful. I can only hope the full songs/album are better!
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Oldmacs wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:
Oldmacs wrote:

I don't want another Anastacia album. I wanted what she described which was an updated version of the Sprock sound. Its possible to have a completely different album that has a similar sound. Lets put it this way, I want to listen to the album because its a great album, not because I feel obliged to because its my favourite artist's album.
Well I'm sure we are both still going to buy it regardless as we are both pretty stannish for Ana. :oops: :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Well I'm sure we are both still going to buy it regardless as we are both pretty stannish for Ana. :oops: :lol:
I've already bought it twice. Which I regret. Hopefully I like the other songs.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

She said we were getting a modern version of sprock, none of the previews show that at all. It'll probably be basic pop with basic vocals that'll flop hard and be toured to death with some pointless tv work to delay another meh album that will be released when she's about 54. Her career has been almost entirely a mess since about 2007
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby Oldmacs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Freakydeaky23 wrote:She said we were getting a modern version of sprock, none of the previews show that at all. It'll probably be basic pop with basic vocals that'll flop hard and be toured to death with some pointless tv work to delay another meh album that will be released when she's about 54. Her career has been almost entirely a mess since about 2007
Its all very frustrating :/
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby NoAngels » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Cant wait for this album!!!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby addiction_x » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am

She performed Boxer in Germany, everyone's raving about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmnviHsSvM
addiction_x
Roadie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:28 pm

addiction_x wrote:She performed Boxer in Germany, everyone's raving about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmnviHsSvM
Nice, definitely one of my faves from the previews. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to Pop