nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:41 am

This won't even make it to.the UK top 20. She has no plans to promote it so far
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby sprock93 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Freakydeaky23 wrote:This won't even make it to.the UK top 20. She has no plans to promote it so far
it won't be released fisically there, so this will debut in few countries
sprock93
Manager

Postby sprock93 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Saturn & Amazon are shipping the album.
Just listened to it, it is AmaZing for me
9.5/10
sprock93
Manager

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Ugh. Im completely over her stupid af management. Why did she go on Strictly last year when she had nothing maor to promote and when she actually has an album she ignores the territory altogether. No wonder her career is in the toilet
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm

This is released in an hour in the UK and nobody cares at all. :lol: Well it's digital only in the UK at the moment...not sure why. :-?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 am

Great album, really happy, some new sounds here for Ana and her voice sounds as epic as ever. Shame it'll be overlooked again.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:32 am

Actually suprised how much I like this
Jesper
Legend

Postby WakeUpMusic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:33 am

This is mediocre
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Postby NoAngels » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 am

Still listening to this. It is just a pop record, which is what I want from her. So far I liked "Not Coming Back", "Before", "Boxer".
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Freakydeaky23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm

I didn't buy the album because I was very annoyed that she promised sprock and we didn't get that. So I decided to just listen to it on Spotify and I have to say I like a lot of the songs. There's a lot of catchy choruses and the production, although not pop-rock, is mostly pretty good. Since HR she gradually avoided her upper belting, so I'm not surprised this album doesn;t have many big notes. I was a little frustrated that they edited the sustained note with some silly effect, I just wanted to hear her voice soar, and I felt robbed by that moment lol. I particularly like My Everything, I like the sweetness in her voice. I also like Nobody Love ME Better, it takes me back to the summer pop music of the noughties from some reason. The chorus of Pain also shows off her great mid range and is a real ''vocal'' song!! I think Boomerang is pretty awful tho, it's almost as bad as Beautiful Messed Up World as an album ender. What are your thoughts Fanily?

What I like about this album compared to her last is that the songs have good bridges and there's more production to enhance her voice

First review I saw of the album has been more positive than I thought

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/sep/14/anastacia-evolution-review-melodic-warm-pop-rock-alternative

Evolution, her seventh album, is unlikely to propel her back into similar levels of stardom, but it once again provides a welcome alternative to the current pop status quo – a slightly nauseating sound that mixes nursery rhyme chants with loud, abrasive production.
Freakydeaky23
Roadie

Postby addiction_x » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:08 am

I wasn't impressed with any song on the first listen, but then most of them gradually started to make sense. My favourites are Not Coming Down, Boxer, My Everything, Pain, Before, Redlight and Stamina. 'Why' is nice, but not a particular favourite.

I don't like the last two songs at all, Boomerang and Higher Livin'. I'm not a fan of Reckless and Nobody Loves Me Better either.

I loved Caught In The Middle on the first 3 listens but then it suddenly lost appeal, I took everything I could from that song already. It would be better with a longer second verse, reworked bridge and less monotonous chorus... But then I'm changing the song. :lol:

Pain and Before are especially noteworthy in terms of vocals, style and overall production. It's so different for her.

None of the songs are really like anything she's done before, which is a good thing.

She also said, while talking about Boxer, that she wished she had more time to work on the album so she could have done a few more songs like that. So I guess some songs being underwhelming is due to time restrictions.

Can't wait to hear a lot of these live!
addiction_x
Roadie

Postby Oldmacs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:29 pm

The promo for this is as usual all over the place. No promo in the UK where it should have been, Promo in Germany for goodness knows what reason, no promo in Italy. Not unsurprising though!

Anyways the album. I like some songs. Reckless is the best on there. I like Redlight, Stamina, Nobody loves me better (surprisingly), Not coming down. I actually do like Higher Livin' and Boomerang. Both I think were offcuts from Resurrection (I know that Hihger Livin' was cause it was a leaked track name back in 2014 that didn't materialise - both have Steve Diamond and John Fields as producers, I can see that Boomerang might have been a heavier rock song like Other Side of Crazy with different production and Higher living maybe as well.

I really dislike Boxer, the chorus is really mediocre and sounds like a bad Eurovision song. Caught in the Middle is meh, My Everything and Why are a bit boring for me and aren't as good as the resurrection Ballads, though maybe they're growers.

Overall I think it will grow on me more but wish it had better production.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Jesper » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:47 pm

The promo in Germany seems to be aligning her new clothingline for Aldi Sued, which is a supermarket :lol: idk what they are doing tbh
Jesper
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:18 pm

I bought the album today. :D
stevyy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:29 pm

stevyy wrote:I bought the album today. :D
Interesting! I can't get a physical copy in the UK for some reason. :lol:

I'm still absorbing the album, not sure how I feel about it, her voice is so delicious though I can't help but at-least like it. :oops: :lol:

Boxer, Before, Stamina and Pain are my initial faves but it all sounded nice on first listen (I love her voice on the ballads as usual), some of the songs have a sickly sweet feel to them though.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:33 pm

u better stan for the first ana album I have bought. 8-)

i am on my first listen now.

Reckless is a bop.
stevyy
Legend

Postby LonelyDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:35 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:I'm still absorbing the album, not sure how I feel about it, her voice is so delicious though I can't help but at-least like it. :oops: :lol:
Same here, though I'm already sure it's her weakest record ever. :roll:

By the way, I can't see real contenders for 2nd single... "Not Coming Down", perhaps?
vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:37 pm

not coming down is also very good.

maybe it'll be her weakest album... but it sounds solid so far.

I am not even through my first round and I already have a couple of songs I want to replay.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 pm

When you put all the songs together it's a nice album overall, but highlights are missing in my opinion. I definitely prefer Anastacia, Freak of nature and Heavy Rotation. But it's better than the last album. But her last one had some standout tracks though
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:44 pm

why is epicly beautiful.
stevyy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Erotica wrote:When you put all the songs together it's a nice album overall, but highlights are missing in my opinion. I definitely prefer Anastacia, Freak of nature and Heavy Rotation. But it's better than the last album. But her last one had some standout tracks though
I am not too familiar with her albums, but I loved resurrection start to finish. :D
stevyy
Legend

Postby candyman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:48 pm

And I'm a flop stan...this will probably be my first album by Ana I won't buy.

I've listened to all the previews and I can't feel any soul there. It's just a random pop album made quickly for money or to coincidence with her clothing line at Aldi (it won't sell but she can go on tour at least). All the songss could've been sung and released by anyone else.
I don't feel any real Anastacia there. Yes, her voice is nice but that's it... :(

Not sure about a 2nd single (this project will flop hard anyway) but to me Redlight seems like it could work very well on radios.
candyman
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 pm

candyman wrote:
And I'm a flop stan...this will probably be my first album by Ana I won't buy.

I've listened to all the previews and I can't feel any soul there. It's just a random pop album made quickly for money or to coincidence with her clothing line at Aldi (it won't sell but she can go on tour at least). All the songss could've been sung and released by anyone else.
I don't feel any real Anastacia there. Yes, her voice is nice but that's it... :(

Not sure about a 2nd single (this project will flop hard anyway) but to me Redlight seems like it could work very well on radios.
I am on my first listen now... I did not listen to any of the previews. I bought the album because i promised Billy 2 years ago.. 8-) :lol:

But I cannot get over "WHY"... it's literally THE song. Give it a chance. The album is poppy and all, but it's also quite haunting and beautiful.
stevyy
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 am

Surprised at how good this is.. I haven't really seperated the songs in my head yet, just that I think it's generally a good standard.

Caught In The Middle, Boxer and Why are great, though!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Return to Pop