NO, SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!1
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby mattsky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Debs_Wild wrote:
jpguy wrote:SHE DESERVED IT!!!!
NO, SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!1
Of course, she did.
I have nothing against Ed, I like some of his songs but Shape of You is such a Cheap Thrills ripoff with AWFUL lyrics and no vocal performance. Kelly's, Pink's, Gaga's and Kesha's songs and performances were much, much better.
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Debs_Wild » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 pm

mattsky wrote:
Debs_Wild wrote:
NO, SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!1
Of course, she did.
I have nothing against Ed, I like some of his songs but Shape of You is such a Cheap Thrills ripoff with AWFUL lyrics and no vocal performance. Kelly's, Pink's, Gaga's and Kesha's songs and performances were much, much better.
That's your personal opinion. Ed had tremendous success with Shape of You. Praying is a HUGE flop compared to it.

Obviously more people thought that Ed's song was better, so deal with it. 8-)
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby mattsky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Debs_Wild wrote:
mattsky wrote:
Debs_Wild wrote:
NO, SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!1
Of course, she did.
That's your personal opinion. Ed had tremendous success with Shape of You. Praying is a HUGE flop compared to it.

I'm not talking about success, of course, Ed is extremely successful. He has also plenty of great songs but Shape Of You winning over Kelly, Pink, Kesha and Gaga is a joke. In my highly personal opinion, obviously. xoxo
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm always at a loss on those occasions when one has to yet again remind that success =/= quality.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby DnBLover » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Debs_Wild wrote:That's your personal opinion. Ed had tremendous success with Shape of You. Praying is a HUGE flop compared to it.

Equating chart success with quality. Impressive logic skills.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby GreekGeek » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
croatiaxtina wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:100% deserved the Grammy over Ed Sheeran!!!, makes me angry when artists get awards they don't deserve.
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:I'm always at a loss on those occasions when one has to yet again remind that success =/= quality.
However, quality = flop 99.9% of the time
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Debs_Wild wrote:
mattsky wrote:
Debs_Wild wrote:
NO, SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!1
Of course, she did.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :-? :-? :-?

this isn't about the best song or biggest hit.
greek_boy
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Saying he deserved it because it was the biggest hit is a very 15 year old Stan way of looking at things. Everything about Praying is better than Shape of You which offered nothing new and please how can Ed Sheeran win for vocal performance over Pink, GAGA, Kelly & Kesha… it’s laughable.
Ewokguy15
Superstar

Postby NoAngel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 am

I can't stand SOY, because he sounds terrible even on the studio recording. His vocal technique is just awful. I can't stand his breathing during verses. It's annoying. I know that Grammy voters don't pay much attention to that aspect, but they should.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 am

If "Praying" was sung by Kesha without dealing with her issues, it would not have been nominated at all. The nod in itself was enough; however, she was robbed of the Album of the Year nomination more than anything. The whole project was so strong, she was able to create an album that was diverse, I'm not referring to her pain or her issues behind the creation of this record, but judging by the music quality, it's a strong album, way better than 1989 or Lemonade or Melodrama. The Grammys obviously went for diversifying and adding R&B and hip-hop just to win back those audiences leaving this in the dust, sadly. This was Kesha's breakthrough year as a serious artist and not just a pop star, I can't believe she was never given that proper recognition.
How 'bout you scusami, Mimi'll call you a valet?
GetBack
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 am

It's not just ukmixers upset over this, the GP seems to be upset that Ed won over the others nominated, hence why this has more dislikes than likes
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Fan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 am

ArmyOfMe wrote:I'm always at a loss on those occasions when one has to yet again remind that success =/= quality.
I know :lol: Otherwise we could argue that the Macarena also should have won a Grammy (which it should have, ofcourse).

Kesha was definitely deserving of the award, I don't think this particular category is even about the song itself but more about the vocal performance and delivery and literally anyone could hear that Kesha (or GaGa or Pink) delivered much stronger performances with their songs than Shape Of You.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:22 am

GetBack wrote:If "Praying" was sung by Kesha without dealing with her issues, it would not have been nominated at all
That is really a weird reasoning. Kesha wrote the damn song about her issues, the song would not exist without the issues. Just like most of the album would not exist without everything that happened to her, since it all goes back to those issues in one way or an other.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 am

GetBack wrote:If "Praying" was sung by Kesha without dealing with her issues, it would not have been nominated at all.
One of the more stupid comments I have seen on here recently.
Ewokguy15
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:35 am

NoAngel wrote:I can't stand SOY, because he sounds terrible even on the studio recording. His vocal technique is just awful. I can't stand his breathing during verses. It's annoying. I know that Grammy voters don't pay much attention to that aspect, but they should.
I can’t agree more
His breathing is technique is horrible
It’s even more noticeable in Galway girl
MrDiva
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:19 am

Debs_Wild wrote:'Praying' is the most overrated song of 2017. People were rooting for her to win only because of the subject matter of the song and her (very questionable) history with Dr. Luke. The song itself is awful, as well as her strained & unpleasant vocals.

She shouldn't sing ballads. She should stick to basic bops & that's it.
Preach.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:30 am

^who are you to tell what she should stick do and can’t do?

Praying is beautiful, her voice is beautiful. The only thing questionable is you and Dr.Luke
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Oh here's the tea
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Fan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Detox <3

Finally saw her performance from Sunday and now it's even more clear she was snubbed. Who the **** though Ed should win over her!? Crazy.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 pm

This song is one cliche ballad.
Too bad that other noms were ever worse than this (once again, screaming about how abysmal the whole industry has become).
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Ewokguy15 wrote:
GetBack wrote:If "Praying" was sung by Kesha without dealing with her issues, it would not have been nominated at all.
One of the more stupid comments I have seen on here recently.
+11111111111
greek_boy
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Fan wrote:Detox <3

Finally saw her performance from Sunday and now it's even more clear she was snubbed. Who the **** though Ed should win over her!? Crazy.
Sheeran's song could have been nominated for Song of the Year or Record of the Year, no problem but win the POP SOLO PERFORMANCE? seriously :lol: :lol: :roll: especially when in the same category there are some strong nominees like Praying and Love so Soft
greek_boy
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:32 am

so they have not uploaded her performance on vevo yet? :roll:
greek_boy
Legend

Return to Pop