1%
Godzilla
1%
Spaceship
5%

Total votes : 143

Postby Carbon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:15 pm

theArmy wrote:
Carbon wrote:Yes and that's great for her and all, but not all songs on it are about her experience like Praying and could easily be on anyone's album
Bastards
Let Em Talk
Woman
Praying
Learn To Let Go
Rainbow

are all directly related to her troubles of the past few years. I don't know if she needed to namedrop some producers for you to get it :lol:
I am aware of these, but pretty sure 6 songs don't make the whole album hehe

Idk even why the defensiveness, of course the album will be filled with themes related to the whole situation, i'm not saying it shouldn't be :lol:

For a song like Rainbow, I appreciate the sentiment behind it, but I find the song just awful and cheesy. Idk why I have to consider it a masterpiece automatically.
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 pm

I was disappointed with the snippets but I'll have to play the full album.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby theArmy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Carbon wrote:
theArmy wrote:
Carbon wrote:Yes and that's great for her and all, but not all songs on it are about her experience like Praying and could easily be on anyone's album
Bastards
Let Em Talk
Woman
Praying
Learn To Let Go
Rainbow

are all directly related to her troubles of the past few years. I don't know if she needed to namedrop some producers for you to get it :lol:
I am aware of these, but pretty sure 6 songs don't make the whole album hehe

Idk even why the defensiveness, of course the album will be filled with themes related to the whole situation, i'm not saying it shouldn't be :lol:

For a song like Rainbow, I appreciate the sentiment behind it, but I find the song just awful and cheesy. Idk why I have to consider it a masterpiece automatically.
now tell me who said that u 'have to' consider any of the tracks a 'masterpiece....? :lol: And wasn't being cheesy a part of her artistry from the very beginning? Lol

No one's being defensive, u came into the thread stating that some of us are basing the record's quality given everything that has happened to her, while that's true to some extent but that even makes it for a even better listen :)
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby tyguy723 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:21 pm

The record is raw & emotional, but it is clever and saves itself of being too heavy & dreary message wise by maintaining a sense of levity that is the foundation of Kesha's artistry from the get go :wink:
tyguy723
Manager

Postby theArmy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

tyguy723 wrote:The record is raw & emotional, but it is clever and saves itself of being too heavy & dreary message wise by maintaining a sense of levity that is the foundation of Kesha's artistry from the get go :wink:
Yaaaasss girl, get in!! 8-)
theArmy
Legend

Postby LotsOfLove » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Singles should be :

1. Praying
2. Rainbow (she should start promoting this as the second single as the video is out now and the album too. I don't think she should use one of the other released Buzz tracks anymore. Also this one continues the style of Praying which seems to have found lots of fans)
3. Boots

Woman and Learn to let go would be nice single contenders too but I don't think it would be a good idea to release them as singles now as they have already been released prior to the album release.
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby hellohello » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Praying, Bastards, Learn To Let Go, Rainbow and Spaceship are all amazing. For some reason, I'm not a big fan of her upbeat songs on this. Her voice just grates on me. :-?
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby westhammer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:56 pm

I am loving Hunt You Down!!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Boots would be a great single
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby RaFanatic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Praying and Hymn are quite good. I am happy she's back.
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm listening this for the first time and i am positively surprised and happy for her. First of all i staned hard during Animal and that album but now i can't force myself to play it, i always knew she was talented and had real artist in her but she wasn't allowed to come out, and now we finally hear real Kesha.
Westen
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Westen wrote:I'm listening this for the first time and i am positively surprised and happy for her. First of all i staned hard during Animal and that album but now i can't force myself to play it, i always knew she was talented and had real artist in her but she wasn't allowed to come out, and now we finally hear real Kesha.
I'm done with this.

Fun songs =/= fakeness.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby GreekGeek » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Carbon wrote:the album isn't as bad as I thought, it's decent. not AOTY obviously though, I think people are exaggerating it just because of her whole story. if none of that had happened and she released this same album, people would just call it as it is, an OK album with some great moments. however, I'm extremely happy for the widespread acclaim and coverage she's getting, I was afraid at one point that her career was over

Spaceship is the masterpiece of the album deffo, Bastards & Finding You are also faves
Exactly my thoughts.

This album is average imo... Don't get me wrong, i'm glad that Kesha is back but i was a bit underwelmed from what i heard... :oops:

However, there are some nice songs there such as "Praying", "Learn To Let Go", "Finding You", "Rainbow", "Hunt You Down" and "Boots". :)
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby theArmy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Hugo wrote:
Westen wrote:I'm listening this for the first time and i am positively surprised and happy for her. First of all i staned hard during Animal and that album but now i can't force myself to play it, i always knew she was talented and had real artist in her but she wasn't allowed to come out, and now we finally hear real Kesha.
I'm done with this.

Fun songs =/= fakeness.
I don't see Westen saying she used to be "fake" with her fun stuff anywhere in his post. Lol
theArmy
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 pm

I've heard a few songs from this album and I have to say I'm really impressed. I've never been a huge fan of her and maybe it's the situation I'm in at the moment but she's tugging. I'll definitely have to give the album a proper listen!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Loki0012 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 am

Damiennatas1 wrote:I've heard a few songs from this album and I have to say I'm really impressed. I've never been a huge fan of her and maybe it's the situation I'm in at the moment but she's tugging. I'll definitely have to give the album a proper listen!
same somehow heavy rock suits her and her voice. boots is the real standout for me the rest are awesome too some are too country for me
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 am

^ why do you mean heavy rock songs suit her voice? There are no 'heavy rock songs' on this album...
Tansike
Legend

Postby theArmy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 am

I just casually bursted out crying cause this album is such perfection :cry: I missed her so much, I'm so happy everyone gets what they deserve in the end.
theArmy
Legend

Postby Loki0012 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Tansike wrote:^ why do you mean heavy rock songs suit her voice? There are no 'heavy rock songs' on this album...
oh sorry not really heavy but rock with guitars and high pitched squeals accompanied
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:39 pm

It seems basically this album is made from two different songs sang in 14 ways. Everything seems to be based on two repeated scenarios.

Nevertheless I hugely miss the sound of the old kesha and this album is seriously lacking that sound, but this album supposed to be a personal sonic experience and that explains the style she chose from it.
Last edited by oaknuys on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby MrRager » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 pm

The Japanese bonus track Emotional is out
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Emotional is awesome! Better than most of the album.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:41 pm

I kinda wish Hunt You Down would have been the Japanese Bonustrack and Emotional would have taken it's place
Jesper
Legend

Postby theArmy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Wtf. No.

Lyrically Emotional is a huge mess and doesn't go with the rest of the album at all.
It sounds great but sis....it reads like a dramatic facebook status.
theArmy
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 am

I just wanna say that I just saw the cover for the first time and I loved it! :o
abi
Legend

Return to Pop