Mariah Carey | The Star

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

 

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Mariah Carey Announces New Single ‘The Star’

Taking to social media, Mimi shared the trailer for new Holiday movie ‘The Star.’

Aptly titled, the Sony Pictures Christmas flick features a number of notable names including Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry. It hits US theaters on November 10th 2017.

Interestingly, Carey won’t be voicing any of the characters herself. But, at the end of the teaser, it’s revealed that will be releasing a single – also titled ‘The Star.’
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/07/maria ... ngle-star/

Very excited to share a tease for the new movie #TheStarMovie which will be out in theaters in time for Christmas! #NewSong #TheStar
❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 40148
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby Guru » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:09 am

And we assume this will be a pop song considering she's done other soundtrack songs that are urban like Almost Home :-?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 24968
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Loveguru » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:16 am

And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
Forever Young
User avatar
Loveguru
Legend
 
Posts: 17577
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009

Postby MrRager » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:26 am

Fuming I didn't get this thread after I got the last mess.
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17582
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:41 am

Loveguru wrote:And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
It's a collaboration with Marc Shaiman. It won't be terrible. Their work on MCIIU was incredible.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby Parkelife » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 am

NorthernMonkey wrote:
Loveguru wrote:And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
It's a collaboration with Marc Shaiman. It won't be terrible. Their work on MCIIU was incredible.
Their work together was brilliant, however she's still stuck in the 90s. It needs to be modern with a modem sound, otherwise it's going nowhere after the 1st couple of weeks.
Parkelife
Roadie
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013

Postby SCHoli » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:39 am

Parkelife wrote:Their work together was brilliant, however she's still stuck in the 90s. It needs to be modern with a modem sound, otherwise it's going nowhere after the 1st couple of weeks.
Sadly that's true! She hasn't updated her sound since 1997. :-?
User avatar
SCHoli
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007

Postby LongingHeart » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 am

Loveguru wrote:And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
Forever Dumb
User avatar
LongingHeart
Manager
 
Posts: 3666
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013
Location: Germany

Postby Pawlu84 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:49 am

Parkelife wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:
Loveguru wrote:And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
It's a collaboration with Marc Shaiman. It won't be terrible. Their work on MCIIU was incredible.
Their work together was brilliant, however she's still stuck in the 90s. It needs to be modern with a modem sound, otherwise it's going nowhere after the 1st couple of weeks.
Hmm Almost Home was a modern sound and it bombed.
Pawlu84
Manager
 
Posts: 2967
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am

SCHoli wrote:
Parkelife wrote:Their work together was brilliant, however she's still stuck in the 90s. It needs to be modern with a modem sound, otherwise it's going nowhere after the 1st couple of weeks.
Sadly that's true! She hasn't updated her sound since 1997. :-?
I don't agree. I think 2005/6 was very current for her. The chart performance of her singles at the time demonstrated that. We had #Beautiful in 2013 which was hot, but apart from that, she does need the input of new current writers and producers to update her sound. It's been very rehashy since TEOM.

To add. This Christmas song with Marc Shaiman doesn't need to be current. It needs to be classy and Christmassy, just like their previous work. We know it's going to be orchestral to some extent. It's her non-Christmassy music that needs an update.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby Parkelife » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 am

Pawlu84 wrote:
Parkelife wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:
Loveguru wrote:And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
It's a collaboration with Marc Shaiman. It won't be terrible. Their work on MCIIU was incredible.
Their work together was brilliant, however she's still stuck in the 90s. It needs to be modern with a modem sound, otherwise it's going nowhere after the 1st couple of weeks.
Hmm Almost Home was a modern sound and it bombed.
Then she'll bomb then
Parkelife
Roadie
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013

Postby woabritney » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Wow, Mariah sure has a lot of haters thirsty to see her flop. Guess that's the price you pay for being one of the most successful acts of all time ;)

Anyway, Mariah + Marc Shaiman = classic, beautiful Christmas music the way only Mariah can deliver. No doubt this will be something special.
woabritney
Manager
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013

Postby Shadyboot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:57 am

Ha ha! Haters already fuming over a mega « flop » artist. Lol

Mariah is THAT powerful. Keep them fuming Queen!

Can’t wait to hear the full song, love the snippet!
User avatar
Shadyboot
Roadie
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016

Postby Guru » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:40 am

Shadyboot wrote:Ha ha! Haters already fuming over a mega « flop » artist. Lol

Mariah is THAT powerful. Keep them fuming Queen!

Can’t wait to hear the full song, love the snippet!
Whaaaaaaaaaa? :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 24968
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 am

LongingHeart wrote:
Loveguru wrote:And we can assume that it's going to be terrible as well
Forever Dumb
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 20005
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009
Location: aRatchet Street

Postby biscuits » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:56 am

This thread will probably be better than the song
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 47357
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby biscuits » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 am

MrRager wrote:Fuming I didn't get this thread after I got the last mess.
That's what happens when one leaves the forum
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 47357
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:56 pm

I am praying that this will be good.
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby himc15 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 pm

i love the snipet,
cant wait for the full song

Come through Mariah :)
User avatar
himc15
Legend
 
Posts: 10800
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014

Postby stevyy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:32 pm

The song will slay all of the other divas' careers... christmas is the time when Mariah gets her full power and it's always beautiful.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 51599
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby RayRay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 pm

I love the snippet. Glad we can already expect this song this month. I'm over excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12033
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby Parkelife » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:33 pm

biscuits wrote:This thread will probably be better than the song
After listening to the track, you are right.
Parkelife
Roadie
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013

Postby himc15 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 pm

i love it,its a cute song and kids will love it
melody is catchy and the lyrics are great too
Mariah is a great songwritter and she has such a good ear for Melody
User avatar
himc15
Legend
 
Posts: 10800
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014

Postby RayRay » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

himc15 wrote:i love it,its a cute song and kids will love it
melody is catchy and the lyrics are great too
Mariah is a great songwritter and she has such a good ear for Melody
Agreed.

Just listened to The Star.
I LOVE it. Great vocals, love how the song builds and love the children's choir.
It's again nothing like her other Christmas song. Love how original it sounds.
The lyrics are what I love most Mariah for.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12033
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby himc15 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:14 pm

yes^^

i think Mariah still has a lot to offer to this world lyricly and melody wise

yes the voice is not like it used to be,for f**k sake she is 47 almost to be 50,but her TONE,wow,will always be there.
love Mariah so much
User avatar
himc15
Legend
 
Posts: 10800
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014

Return to Pop