Camila Cabello + Young Thug | Havana

Moderator: Spartan

Postby innocenteyes » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:19 pm

LongingHeart wrote:Kinda funny that this smashes and F5 flop so hard lol
Yep.

I don't like her but this is too catchy and very well produced (thanks Pharrell). She really sounds like Nelly Furtado at times.
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby Jesper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Well, most of Epic's budget went to Camila. They had no backing of the label at all. If it was up to the label, they would have been dropped as soon as Camila left, but they fought for that 3rd record. Nothing funny at all.
Jesper
Legend

Postby salamecharlie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Jesper wrote:
Well, most of Epic's budget went to Camila. They had no backing of the label at all. If it was up to the label, they would have been dropped as soon as Camila left, but they fought for that 3rd record. Nothing funny at all.
Do you have any sources for what you are saying? Not hating just curious how much of this has proof.
One life with one dream on repeat
salamecharlie
Manager

Postby Jesper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 pm

salamecharlie wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Do you have any sources for what you are saying? Not hating just curious how much of this has proof.
Well Lauren already exposed them in her "thank you" message in their album booklet. She said that the higher-ups at Epic had told the rest of the company's employees not to put too much effort into their album. There was more stuff, but I can't find it that quick :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:19 pm

salamecharlie wrote:
Jesper wrote:
They also haven’t had there second single sent to radio while Camila (who started before them and still hasn’t put her album out) has had two that were paid for and sent to radio.

I mean Havana is a BOP and deserves success but a lot of this success was set up and paid for.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:27 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
salamecharlie wrote:
Jesper wrote:
They also haven’t had there second single sent to radio while Camila (who started before them and still hasn’t put her album out) has had two that were paid for and sent to radio.

I mean Havana is a BOP and deserves success but a lot of this success was set up and paid for.
Honestly He Like That and Havana have both been messily handled. He Like That was sent to radio, but a month after the video which is just ridiculous :lol: Likewise it had some TV performances but they were random and there seemed to be no game plan for the song

Havana had a huge push (along with OMG) on Spotify, but that was it. It really wasn’t until the song was Top 20 on Spotify WW that Epic started to do anything. Many other songs handled the way Havana has been would never have become hits. The huge budget on the video was literally because they saw how much potential the song was showing.

Down and CITC are a better example - CITC had a brilliant roll out (although still flopped lol), whilst Down had pretty much nothing except the video, and by the time the TV performances came it was way too late for the song :(

Jesper wrote:
I still don’t understand why they invested so much into Camila. Sure, she had star potential, but 5H were the much more bankable act to invest in.
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:19 pm

#7 on the BB Hot 100 this week.

I'm so happy! Talent wins. 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Goldmoney » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:01 pm

This is so mediocre
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby JimJim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 am

I dunno, I still don't think this girl is solo star material, she doesn't have the "x factor" in my opinion. I see this as more of a fluke for now, because this song is a massive earworm, which I didn't pick up the first time I heard it.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am

JimJim wrote:I dunno, I still don't think this girl is solo star material, she doesn't have the "x factor" in my opinion. I see this as more of a fluke for now, because this song is a massive earworm, which I didn't pick up the first time I heard it.
I was thinking the opposite. She has way more star power than most young pop stars.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:49 pm

It sounds like something Selena Gomez rejected
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:33 am

Predicted to be #2 on the Hot 100 next week, #1 in the UK mid-week.
abi
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:36 am

nekoocz wrote:It sounds like something Selena Gomez rejected
But still managed to become bigger than any of her singles since she started 10 years ago?
Last edited by Ewokguy15 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 am

nekoocz wrote:It sounds like something Selena Gomez rejected
sounds absolutely nothing like Selena (for starters, Camila isn't whispering in the song)
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:45 am

The only thing about this that sounds like a Selena song is the first 5 seconds instrumental and that's it.
abi
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 pm

abi wrote:Predicted to be #2 on the Hot 100 next week, #1 in the UK mid-week.
Awesome
Jesper
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Jesper wrote:
abi wrote:Predicted to be #2 on the Hot 100 next week, #1 in the UK mid-week.
Awesome
Yaaas! I'm stanning so hard for this song.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:19 pm

She is really happening :lol:

I’m more team 5H but this is a good bop, and she works hard so I can’t get mad that this is becoming a smash.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Ivica » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Goldmoney wrote:This is so mediocre
this

don't get the fuss about it
Ivica
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:She is really happening :lol:

I’m more team 5H but this is a good bop, and she works hard so I can’t get mad that this is becoming a smash.
+2

The reality is that Fifth Harmony are OVER, they had no luck with their latest release and will get nowhere :( I really wanted them to still "happen" after Camila departed but I agree with you on the fact that this is a nice bop. :lol: :lol: :lol:
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Ivica wrote:
Goldmoney wrote:This is so mediocre
this

don't get the fuss about it
yes, it's really bad
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:57 am

The music video views are really insane! :o

Date Views
2017/10/27 11,250,350
2017/10/28 12,889,991
2017/10/29 10,629,470
2017/10/30 9,102,772
abi
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:53 am

JimJim wrote:I dunno, I still don't think this girl is solo star material, she doesn't have the "x factor" in my opinion. I see this as more of a fluke for now, because this song is a massive earworm, which I didn't pick up the first time I heard it.
She has great work ethic and also a different shade of color in an industry dominated by white girls
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Washingtonian25 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:16 am

It would be nice to know the release date of the album though :/
Washingtonian25
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 am

Washingtonian25 wrote:It would be nice to know the release date of the album though :/
I have a feeling it will com around Valentine's Day, with the 'second' single released just before that.

I want the Spanish version of this song on iTunes.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to Pop