Miley Cyrus | Younger Now

Moderator: Spartan

Postby JJeffs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm

For me, claiming this album isn't pop is absurd. As if all pop sounds the same? It always has influences from other genres - dance, r&b, country, hip-hop, etc. I understand some have very narrow tastes and want one thing from certain (or all) artists, but I for one LOVE that she made this album. It shows her versatility and another side to her talent.

This is solid all the way through, and she feels very much in her element. I doubt she'll stick to this sound, as all of her post-Hannah releases have varied in sound. She's experimenting, and that's what good pop stars do.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby salamecharlie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm

JJeffs wrote:For me, claiming this album isn't pop is absurd. As if all pop sounds the same? It always has influences from other genres - dance, r&b, country, hip-hop, etc. I understand some have very narrow tastes and want one thing from certain (or all) artists, but I for one LOVE that she made this album. It shows her versatility and another side to her talent.

This is solid all the way through, and she feels very much in her element. I doubt she'll stick to this sound, as all of her post-Hannah releases have varied in sound. She's experimenting, and that's what good pop stars do.
Very well written. Agreed with all of this.
One life with one dream on repeat
salamecharlie
Manager

Postby Hype » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:15 am

Just started listening to this, I really want to like it so I hope it's good. I like Younger Now, Maliby and Inspired. The Dolly Collab is okay.. VERY country!
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby Hype » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:28 am

Oh wow! Her best album by miles!! The second half is beautiful! I'm so surprised! :o
Hype
Legend

Postby salamecharlie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:32 am

Hype wrote:Oh wow! Her best album by miles!! The second half is beautiful! I'm so surprised! :o
Agreed :D which is your early favorite track(s)?
salamecharlie
Manager

Postby SalBoy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Gosh after one week of listening to this album I’m just speechless

This album isn’t for masses and not for big fans of Bangerz or Dead Pets

Very good and solid album. I’m not really bother about her commercial success especially after when she said she is going back to Nevada I think and will look after her pigs...

In terms of pop one of the best albums of 2017 hats off
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:30 pm

It's kind of a grower, I like it more than on my first listens. However, Dead Petz is still her best album.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Hype » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:51 pm

salamecharlie wrote:
Hype wrote:Oh wow! Her best album by miles!! The second half is beautiful! I'm so surprised! :o
Agreed :D which is your early favorite track(s)?
I love Bad Mood, and Thinkin' both could be singles easily! But the whole thing it's just very good!
Hype
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:44 pm

"Miss You Much" and "I'd Die For You" are stunning! I hope both tracks will become singles at some time. They deserve to be heard by a wider audience!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Debs_Wild » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:23 am

jszmiles wrote:Younger Now and Malibu are pop gems! The rest of the album is OK.
Seconded.

Both singles are amazing, but the rest of the album is as bad as I had expected it to be.
Debs_Wild
Personal Assistant

Postby Erotica » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:45 am

Mainshow wrote:"Miss You Much" and "I'd Die For You" are stunning! I hope both tracks will become singles at some time. They deserve to be heard by a wider audience!
Those two tracks and Inspired are the three songs I hate on the album :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:18 am

Mainshow wrote:"Miss You Much" and "I'd Die For You" are stunning! I hope both tracks will become singles at some time. They deserve to be heard by a wider audience!
As much as i love "I'd Die For You" (it's actually my favorite song on the album right now), i think both of these songs would be weak choices for singles and they'd flop completely. "Thinkin'" and "Bad Mood" are the only good choices left IMO.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:12 am

Tansike wrote:
As much as i love "I'd Die For You" (it's actually my favorite song on the album right now), i think both of these songs would be weak choices for singles and they'd flop completely. "Thinkin'" and "Bad Mood" are the only good choices left IMO.
To be fair, anything will flop at this point. I'd love a release and stunning video for Miss You So Much, it's a highlight.
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby salamecharlie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 am

I love Miss You So Much. Definitely one of the best tracks on the album, but the other one is so bland it does nothing for me. I'd Die For You is the only song on the album i dislike.
salamecharlie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Pop Crave‏ @PopCrave 2h2 hours ago
Miley Cyrus confirmed on ‘Stern Show’ that she won’t tour the ‘Younger Now’ era and that this is her last season on ‘The Voice’.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Oh my, look at how amazing this performance was!

I wish she covered this song for her album, it would've lifted album for sure. It's not bad, but it's too mellow. Look how she's rocking that stage, that's missing on this album.
Westen
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Songs like this would have been nice on the album, something in that direction
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:57 am

The "Younger Now" survivor just started! - please join if you like the album :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:08 pm

She rocked that performance. Great cover!
I love this Miley so much more than the one from the 'Bangerz' era.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Loose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 pm

I keep on hearing

Nothing ever stops me from spaghetti

in Love Someone.
WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL WITHOUT THE CHAINS | THAT PALACES MAKE
Loose
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:24 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby adamf2thedeath » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:16 am

Perfection!
I love diving in your mind and coming out with every diamond I can find...No Sleeep.
adamf2thedeath
Manager

Postby adamf2thedeath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:15 pm

I’ve had a hard day and I have literally cried listening to I would die for you about 15 times. By far the most beautiful song she has ever recorded.
Last edited by adamf2thedeath on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love diving in your mind and coming out with every diamond I can find...No Sleeep.
adamf2thedeath
Manager

Postby Carbon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:23 pm

I still don't fully connect with IWDFY and don't get the big love for it, but it's grown on me

She's Not Him, on the other hand, is a massive grower and I love it now
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby salamecharlie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 pm

adamf2thedeath wrote:I’ve had a hard day and I have literally cried listening to I would die for you about 15 times. By far the most beautiful song she has ever recorded.
Sorry you had a bad day. Hope all gets sorted.

Carbon wrote:I still don't fully connect with IWDFY and don't get the big love for it, but it's grown on me.
Agreed. I do not see it as one of the highlights on the album. I skip it more often than not.
salamecharlie
Manager

Return to Pop