Miley Cyrus | Younger Now

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Mainshow » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Oh! I forgot about its release! I wasn't expecting this album to be released before the end of November.

Anyway, I will listen to the snippets kater when I will be at my favourite CD store in town. I planned to buy the Gane of Thrones Soundtrack and Hurts' new album.. so who knows if I will go home with another Miley record.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby SalBoy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 pm

This is her best album yet
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby braveheart » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Bad Mood/ Love Someone/ Thinkin/She's Not Him are my favorite tracks !!! loving this album !
braveheart
Groupie

Postby Tansike » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:05 am

Really solid album after the first spin. I'm not blown away, but i already expected that.

My favorites so far apart from the singles are "Bad Mood" and "I Would Die For You".
Tansike
Legend

Postby Loose » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:23 am

I am really sad she is over the album already because I think it's one of her best.

The second part of the record is so strong! She' got a killer trilogy on it with Bad Mood / Love Someone / She's Not Him.
WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALL WITHOUT THE CHAINS | THAT PALACES MAKE
Loose
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:46 am

I'll listen to it later today :D
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 am

SalBoy wrote:This is her best album yet
Yes. I was only here for half of Bangerz, but unlike that album I can't find any horrible songs on this and it's unquestionably more cohesive. Early fave is Love Someone.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Erotica » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:19 am

Well the new direction isn't my cup of tea at all, so the album has some sweet songs but that's mostly it for now. I think that Thinkin is a perfect song though and definitely the highlight
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby JeremySpears » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Not as bad as I expected it to be. It's not that great either lol :lol: My faves are Thinkin', Younger Now & Bad Mood. Inspired, Miss You so Much and I Would Die For You are trash. The rest is okay but nothing special.
JeremySpears
Groupie

Postby Mainshow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Just bought it. There was some sort of special offer at my favourite CD store: If you purchase three CDs, you just have to pay for two (so I bought the new albums by Hurts, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus).

I listened to the snippets and I have to say that the second half of the record was way more interesting to me. "Younger Now" seems to be no Bangerz or Can't Be Tamed but I am pretty sure that I will use some tracks in the future ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Carbon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Sounds pretty, so far my least fave is the Dolly Parton duet, too country... the whole thing needs more listens. I even liked Inspired this time
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Absolutely solid record. I like the direction she went in, I was hoping that she would go back to her roots, and it's a welcome addition to her discography. There's so much versatility in her last three albums.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Officially un-fanned her until she does a pop album. This is too country for my taste.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Fan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 pm

This is such a solid record!! Just a very nice album to listen to, no bad track in sight and it feels like Miley has found her sound. Don't get me wrong, I adore We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball, but this feels so much more 'her' and I'm glad she took this direction instead of wanting to have a quick hit.
Now I just need her to announce some tour dates, as I'm kind of afraid she will not tour this record, but I need to experience Malibu live.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:48 pm

I have no urge to listen to this tbh.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:03 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:I have no urge to listen to this tbh.
I thought the same and I would mot have bought it either if I hadn't got it for free (thanks to a special offer of my CD store). But seriously.. I listened to it 5 times already and it's amazing. It's very cohesive and the melodies are really great and catchy and it's less Country than expected.

You should give it a try.

Love it now.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 am

The second half is much better than the first one, but I still think this album is quite disposable. Very wishy washy.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:35 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:The second half is much better than the first one, but I still think this album is quite disposable. Very wishy washy.
Yes I also think that the second half is better, but overall there are too many weak songs
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Album works really well as a whole but there isn’t anything on here minus Malibu that could be a hit.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby salamecharlie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:51 pm

I was unimpressed with the album at first listen but after a few spins, i think this is her best album by far. The songs sound timeless because they do not pander on any current trend.

The highlights for me are Week Without You, Thinkin', Love Someone and She's Not Him. (Malibu as well).
One life with one dream on repeat
salamecharlie
Manager

Postby Tansike » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Okay, i quite love this album now. There are some awesome songs, especially the two singles, "I Would Die For You", "Thinkin'" and "Bad Mood" are my faves.

However, a real smash, or a real gem is missing. As a whole, "Younger Now" is a strong record, but nothing is THAT highlight.
Tansike
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Not exactly my cup of tea compared to Bangerz. But i still like quite a few songs. My favourite is probably Miss you so much.
BeeBoy
Personal Assistant

Postby jszmiles » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 am

Younger Now and Malibu are pop gems! The rest of the album is OK.
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Ivica » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:38 am

Brilliant album. 8-)
Ivica
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 pm

jszmiles wrote:Younger Now and Malibu are pop gems! The rest of the album is OK.
My thoughts exactly!!
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Return to Pop