Can't find it
drchapata
Groupie

Postby druzhkoshow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 pm

can someone told where to get it?
druzhkoshow
Groupie

Postby Teo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 pm

I love Better Life!!!! such a great track! Revenge sounds like a massive grower. I loved Barbie too. Not liking Secrets as I expected. Still have to listen to other tracks.
Teo
Manager

Postby drchapata » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 am

"For Now" is the only good track on this :(

But we lost it and Barbies are ok

The rest... Some of them are meh. Some of them are really awful, like really really bad :cry: :cry: :cry:

Disappointment of the year
drchapata
Groupie

Postby Jesper » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:47 am

Very suprised by this record, a lot more mellow/slower but I dig it.
Jesper
Legend

Postby WakeUpMusic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 am

Not a bad album at all. Definitely not her best but there is replay value and I believe it will grow on me
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Postby Washingtonian25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:04 am

Is it just me or the album sounds like one long song? "Secrets" is really good.
Washingtonian25
Manager

Postby SalBoy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am

Washingtonian25 wrote:Is it just me or the album sounds like one long song? "Secrets" is really good.
I think the only song I like
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby Teo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm

1. Beautiful Trauma: good opener, not really single worthy though

2. Revenge (feat. Eminem): A bop. Super catchy; it was stuck on my mind after 2 listens. I get it's not what you expect P!nk to do, and it's different from her previous FU singles, but I think it's so addictive. I can see it doing really well on the radio. The only concern is people not even recognizing her voice on the radio.

3. Whatever You Want: typical P!nk's style. I really like it, as I said previously. I think it's one of those songs I'll keep listening to in the years to come: like Sober or Try. Not as single-worthy too.

5. But We Lost It: cute ballad. Good transaction from WAU to the single-worthy song Barbie

6. Barbie: this is one of my favourite tracks. You can tell it's signature P!nk but at the same time there's that glimpse of Julia's style. I figured it was going to be an amazing combo and turns out I was right. I can see this doing good as a single some time down the road. It's catchy and impactful. Great vocals and well written.

7. Where We Go: very Coldplay/One Republic/M&S. It's a sound P!nk can wear with ease. I can't argue against it honestly. Maybe IAM it's better suited to be a single. But I love it.

8. For Now: another favourite of mine. Such a well written song and killer vocals. JGMAR part 2 we could say.

9. Secrets: a grower. Very different from everything P!nk's ever done in the past. It could work well especially in Europe and Australia. We love a club banger. I don't know about the US.

10. Better Life: amazing production. Very funky. Very first 00's productions. No doubt the typical P!nk fan will live for this.

11. I Am Here: another gem. Single-worthy for sure. I can see it working well in the US too.

12. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: not single-worthy. Very emotial; it had me in tears on the first listen, I won't lie.

13. You Get My Love: not my cup of tea, nor my kind of ballad. I'm being honest.

Overall: I love this record way more than TTAL. It's kind of a comeback to her IND/FH route, and I love it. Her best album? I don't so. But it's still impressive. Interesting how she'll probably go for a bunch of singles very different from what she used to release. Revenge for example it's really a kind of song she never released before or even sung. I am glad. Hopefully It's going to pay off.
Teo
Manager

Postby drchapata » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Teo wrote:It's kind of a comeback to her IND/FH route
WHAT? Am I hearing the same album as you? IND and FH are masterpieces, Beautiful Trauma is.. well... a piece of crap.

Yesterday i thought: well, disappointment of the year. Today after another (forced) listen, i say: disappointment of the decade. I'm really sad with this. P!nk used to be the artist i could rely on making good pop... :cry:
drchapata
Groupie

Postby Teo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

drchapata wrote:
Teo wrote:It's kind of a comeback to her IND/FH route
WHAT? Am I hearing the same album as you? IND and FH are masterpieces, Beautiful Trauma is.. well... a piece of crap.

Yesterday i thought: well, disappointment of the year. Today after another (forced) listen, i say: disappointment of the decade. I'm really sad with this. P!nk used to be the artist i could rely on making good pop... :cry:
A bit extreme?! What can I say? I disagree. IND and FH were 10 years ago; obviously she won't come back with the same stuff. But I think this is a great record. It's a personal album whereas TTAL was full of filler imo. Here you might argue that every single track serve its own purpose. I felt the same when FH came out. That's why I said what I said. It wasn't merely about style. Also cuz this isn't really far away from what P!nk used to be as an artist. It's really a good follow-up to IND and FH imo, while TTAL had 3 huge singles but, as an album, I don't think it was as solid as its predecessors.
Last edited by Teo on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teo
Manager

Postby Jesper » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 pm

I mean if people don't like this record it is fine, but piece of crap? Harsh much :lol:
This album is currently far from my favorite P!nk record, but it's a massive grower and still very 'P!nk', still good pop music, maybe just not as instant as we are used to from her.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Teo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Jesper wrote:I mean if people don't like this record it is fine, but piece of crap? Harsh much :lol:
This album is currently far from my favorite P!nk record, but it's a massive grower and still very 'P!nk', still good pop music, maybe just not as instant as we are used to from her.
Yeah, for the moment I like M!ss and FH better. IND and BT are close. But this could change. I think M!ss will always be my favourite from her, no matter what, anyway. So that's a lost cause. I loved her voice better back in 2000-2008 when it was more raspy. Maybe this is another reason why :lol:
Last edited by Teo on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teo
Manager

Postby drchapata » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Ok, maybe i'm being extremist. I blame my high hopes for the record, for now... i just can't stand it
drchapata
Groupie

Postby Teo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:10 pm

drchapata wrote:Ok, maybe i'm being extremist. I blame my high hopes for the record, for now... i just can't stand it
We got it :lol:
Teo
Manager

Postby Teo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:12 pm

"For Now" is growing a lot on me. I already liked it, but now it's on my top 3 from the album :o
Teo
Manager

Postby Yoshie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:14 pm

I also admit to being generally unexcited about this release, which is unusual for me considering it's a P!nk release. I'm not the biggest fan of The Truth About Love and consider it to be easily her weakest offering of all of her albums, and I'm not expecting Beautiful Trauma to be much better since I don't feel that her usual inspiration is present. I've only heard What About Us, though, which is a perfectly competent albeit dull song. I'm open to being surprised and being proven wrong... we'll see.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby drchapata » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:17 pm

For me it's

1 - Funhouse - I'm Not Dead
2 - Try This - Truth About Love
3 - Greatest Hits
4 - Rose ave.
5 - Missunderstood

Abys

6 - Can't take me home

Black Hole

7 - Beautiful Trauma

:lol: :lol: :lol:
drchapata
Groupie

Postby drchapata » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Teo wrote:"For Now" is growing a lot on me. I already liked it, but now it's on my top 3 from the album :o
The only one that i actually like it
drchapata
Groupie

Postby Teo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Yoshie wrote:I also admit to being generally unexcited about this release, which is unusual for me considering it's a P!nk release. I'm not the biggest fan of The Truth About Love and consider it to be easily her weakest offering of all of her albums, and I'm not expecting Beautiful Trauma to be much better since I don't feel that her usual inspiration is present. I've only heard What About Us, though, which is a perfectly competent albeit dull song. I'm open to being surprised and being proven wrong... we'll see.
Honest opinion from someone who didn't like TTAL much too. This is better. I don't know if you'll like it but surely her voice is better produced here (which was my main complaint towards Greg Kurstin on a lot of tracks on TTAL); it's a different record from TTAL on so many levels. That's why I said it's more like FH and IND. There are a few Mumford & Sons inspired tracks (Where We Go and I am Here), some funky record (Better Life; Secrets it's more of a club banger) and some other typical P!nk's music (Whetever You Want, Barbies: pop-rock basically; and a few classic ballad: But We Lost it, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken and You Get My Love . For Now is an interesting one for sure). It's no evolution but it's a slower record compared to the previous one and I think a better album overall.
Teo
Manager

Postby Popsessed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Where do you guys listen? I can't seem to find it...
Popsessed
Personal Assistant

Postby Westen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm not even sure if i want to listen this, she's such a sellout now, so generic and basic. Such a shame, i LOVE her personality, i LOVE M!ss and INT, but ever since Funhouse she's been using same formula and i'm so sick of it, or just disappointed because i expected more from her, but she chose safe success over artistry
Westen
Superstar

Postby Popsessed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised, this album is IMO miles better than her previous one. For me the singles were the only highlights on Truth. "Where We Go" single #3????
Popsessed
Personal Assistant

Postby GaGarazzi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Addicted to Where We Go & Secrets
GaGarazzi
Manager

Postby Popsessed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Better Life is damn catchy! But the piano melody reminds me of a classic song, do you guys know the song? I can't figure it out. Also when she sings "and I can't change the feeling:, I immediately wanted to sing "I wanna run, smash into you" (Beyonce). I also hear some subtle beats from "Give it 2 Me" by Timbaland :lol: :lol:
Popsessed
Personal Assistant

Return to Pure Pop