No votes
New Year's Day
No votes

Total votes : 22

Postby Benjamin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:42 am

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:55 am

^Hopefully it will be released worldwide and will be promoted properly! It's a smash waiting to happen!!!
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Cactuar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 am

Stunning performance of IDSB. :-o Now it makes sense why she chose to perform the song; it was timed to follow her political “coming out”, especially when she’s the “Aryan goddess” neo-nazis and America’s republicans worship. To be such a powerful, wealthy and popular Caucasian American female figure and to openly voice out about LGBT and race... I’m still shook.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:17 am

This still remains my fav album of 2017. <3
Who else matters?
dhenapie
Manager

Postby theMathematician » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Cactuar wrote:it was timed to follow her political “coming out”, especially when she’s the “Aryan goddess” neo-nazis and America’s republicans worship.
Since she did not choose that image actively but rather passively accepted that some Americans may see her as such, I wonder whether that is such a bad thing since she obviously has profitted a lot from that part of the market in the past, as in 'the hand that feeds you'. In the German-speaking countries, we have a similar case of a very successful female singer, with a similar musical background (going from traditional German music to a more pop sound) and conservative fanbase, that refuses to speak about politics because either way, it is destined to damage her reputation in some way. Thinking of the ESC, people have complained that politics and music started mixing in an 'ugly' way during the past few years of the show... Yet I can see why some people see rolemodel and important spokesperson in someone of Taylor Swift's status in the music business - it is so tricky.
theMathematician
Groupie

Postby GreekGeek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:58 pm

The performance of IDSB wa definetely a kind of statement.

What a fierce performance! :o :o As i was watching, I wasn't distracted from it even for a second!
Congrats Taylor! This era needed a performance like this! :P
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Magnus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 pm

theMathematician wrote: In the German-speaking countries, we have a similar case of a very successful female singer, with a similar musical background (going from traditional German music to a more pop sound) and conservative fanbase, that refuses to speak about politics because either way, it is destined to damage her reputation in some way.
Which artist does this refer to?
Magnus
Manager

Return to Pop