5%
New Year's Day
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby Benjamin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:42 am

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:55 am

^Hopefully it will be released worldwide and will be promoted properly! It's a smash waiting to happen!!!
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Cactuar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 am

Stunning performance of IDSB. :-o Now it makes sense why she chose to perform the song; it was timed to follow her political “coming out”, especially when she’s the “Aryan goddess” neo-nazis and America’s republicans worship. To be such a powerful, wealthy and popular Caucasian American female figure and to openly voice out about LGBT and race... I’m still shook.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:17 am

This still remains my fav album of 2017. <3
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby theMathematician » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Cactuar wrote:it was timed to follow her political “coming out”, especially when she’s the “Aryan goddess” neo-nazis and America’s republicans worship.
Since she did not choose that image actively but rather passively accepted that some Americans may see her as such, I wonder whether that is such a bad thing since she obviously has profitted a lot from that part of the market in the past, as in 'the hand that feeds you'. In the German-speaking countries, we have a similar case of a very successful female singer, with a similar musical background (going from traditional German music to a more pop sound) and conservative fanbase, that refuses to speak about politics because either way, it is destined to damage her reputation in some way. Thinking of the ESC, people have complained that politics and music started mixing in an 'ugly' way during the past few years of the show... Yet I can see why some people see rolemodel and important spokesperson in someone of Taylor Swift's status in the music business - it is so tricky.
theMathematician
Roadie

Postby GreekGeek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:58 pm

The performance of IDSB wa definetely a kind of statement.

What a fierce performance! :o :o As i was watching, I wasn't distracted from it even for a second!
Congrats Taylor! This era needed a performance like this! :P
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Magnus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 pm

theMathematician wrote: In the German-speaking countries, we have a similar case of a very successful female singer, with a similar musical background (going from traditional German music to a more pop sound) and conservative fanbase, that refuses to speak about politics because either way, it is destined to damage her reputation in some way.
Which artist does this refer to?
Magnus
Manager

Postby Debs_Wild » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Magnus wrote:
theMathematician wrote: In the German-speaking countries, we have a similar case of a very successful female singer, with a similar musical background (going from traditional German music to a more pop sound) and conservative fanbase, that refuses to speak about politics because either way, it is destined to damage her reputation in some way.
Which artist does this refer to?
Helene Fischer, I guess.
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby Magnus » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 pm

^ Thanks! I need to check out her older stuff some time...
Magnus
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:14 am

One of the best pop albums indeed! :D :D

"Getaway Car" needs to be released! :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Cactuar » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:20 am

Taylor Swift — Official GRAMMYs Submissions

reputation - AOTY & Best Pop Vocal Album
Delicate - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Performance & Best Music Video
End Game - Best Pop Duo/Group
Babe - ROTY, SOTY, Best Country Duo/Group, Best Country Song, Best Music Video
What do you think are her chances of getting nominated or winning? I think Reputation will get nominated for both AOTY and Pop Vocal Album, while Delicate might just get nominated for SOTY, Pop Solo Performance, and Best Music Video.

Her chance of winning any of them might be slim given this year's releases and her lack of a mega smash.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby JimJim » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:41 am

I'm not sure she'll get an AOTY nomination, but I think Pop for sure.

I'd be surprised if she wins any of those.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby GetBack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:43 am

I feel like they will give Taylor an Ed Sheeran treatment and limit her wins and nominations to pop.
GetBack
Legend

Postby ludichris » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 am

There are quite a few awesome individual songs on this but as an album I don't think it deserves any recognition. It didn't have anywhere near the shelf life that 1989 had.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Cactuar » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:44 am

ludichris wrote:There are quite a few awesome individual songs on this but as an album I don't think it deserves any recognition. It didn't have anywhere near the shelf life that 1989 had.
How did you surmise that? The album and single are still in the Top 40 and it hasn’t even been a year.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby adamf2thedeath » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:50 am

I really really like this album. I think there’s very few dud songs on it. I’m probably the only person in the world who actually dislikes LWYMMD and I hate gorgeous so my expectations were in the toilet but I love the rest of the album and I think IDSB is amazing!!! I’m also in love with so it goes, dress, don’t blame me, call it what you want and dancing with our hands tied.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
adamf2thedeath
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 am

Cactuar wrote:How did you surmise that? The album and single are still in the Top 40 and it hasn’t even been a year.
I should have stated for me, my fault. :lol: I haven't played this anywhere near 1989 but I may be in the minority with that. It has been a hugely successful era in terms of generating $, which is always the end goal I guess.
ludichris
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

I have played this 3 or 4 times at most. She disappointed me with this after the incredible 1989. I don't think Reputation deserves AOTY nomination.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby BillyBlitzkid » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 am

I feel like this album came one album too soon. She should've released another album in the vein of 1989, more pop, more getaway car than End Game. The transmission from pop/country on Red to Pop on 1989 to Urban/Pop was too harsh.
Many miles many roads I have traveled
Fallen down on the way
Many hearts many years have unraveled
Leading up to today
BillyBlitzkid
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:16 am

I didn't feel most of the album by the time it was released, although "Look What You Made Me Do" and "Gorgeous" were smash hits for me (and still are, probably in my Top 10 Taylor Swift songs)... but with time, I really fell in love with this album.

"This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" is my favorite non-single. That live performance of it mixed w/ WANEGBT at her recording breaking stadium tour is just too amazing!

thinking of her albums, I'd say...
1989>SpeakNow>Reputation>Fearless>TaylorSwift>RED
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 am

This is very much of a pop album as 1989. It's just that the first two songs were darker sounding and it painted the mood of the album to be dark when the other songs are far from that.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:28 am

One half of this album is actually amazing, but the other half is not strong at all, which is why i don't listen to this anymore. And if i listen to it, i only listen to half of it. This summer i decided to listen to her whole discography on a long flight and "Reputation" is definitely her first album which doesn't feel like a whole body of work to me, which is sad.
Tansike
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am

I love Taylor but can’t see how this would win AOTY...but if it happens then great
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Cactuar » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 am

Tansike wrote:One half of this album is actually amazing, but the other half is not strong at all, which is why i don't listen to this anymore. And if i listen to it, i only listen to half of it.
This is me nowadays, I only play selected tracks from the album (RFI, LWYMMD, Delicate, Getaway Car, Gorgeous, Call It What You Want). The rest might sound more appealing when nostalgia kicks in a couple of years down the line. I don't think this is AOTY material either, but its probably made for touring and it is definitely her version of sexy bad-girl pop. She brought eloquence and honesty to the genre and that makes Reputation stand out from the crowd.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby BeeBoy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:50 am

She has won AOTY two times already, I doubt this is an album that gives her the title a third time as the first artist ever. She really needs a smash album and singles while still being cohesive.maybe she will get there again in a few years but at the moment and with reputation I cannot see it happening. I also think her recent behaviour might have upset quite a few people who voted for her in the past
BeeBoy
Manager

Return to Pop