This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8%
Call It What You Want
5%
New Year's Day
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby GetBack » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:06 am

The Grammys are trying to desperately rebuild their image by publicizing that they are going to be diverse and fair to other genres so obviously, they might not favor Taylor this time around. Since Ed Sheeran got so much buzz last year, they limited him to Pop nods and they might do the same for Taylor this year. Since Pop and R&B albums were the most recent winners, we might get a Country or a Rock album or an R&B album from a not-so-popular R&B act winning this time.
GetBack
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:10 pm

I gave this album another chance this week, especially since this year has been such a disappointment when it comes to pop albums and I randomly stumbled over this.

I still skip "End Game", but everything up until "Getaway Car" is cool and cohesive! "Getaway Car" is amazing! I still need to listen to the rest and I'm excited :D

I should have definitely given this album more chances last year. Idk I guess "End Game" killed the interest for me lol.

Happy I re-discovered it!
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Why was IDSB performed so late in the era? Was it a single? LOVED the performance I just found but it seemed a bit random!
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:40 am

KokoCollino wrote:Why was IDSB performed so late in the era? Was it a single? LOVED the performance I just found but it seemed a bit random!
She basically performed it as a response to her own post about her political views
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Era » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 am

This album really grew on me and I'm so glad it did. A year ago when it came out there were like 3 songs I genuinely loved from it and I liked the rest but it all felt a little basic which was a big disappointment after 1989. But no pop album released after this has had songs as catchy or memorable. Nor do they feel as cohesive sound-wise or theme-wise + 'Delicate' is now like Top 10 in her discography for me now.
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:55 am

It's going to be the 1st year anniversary in a few days! The only album after Adele's 25 to scan 2x platinum in pure sales. :cry: :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby GreekGeek » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:02 am

I can't get over of how amazing "So it Goes" sounds! :oops: I listen to it non-stop these days! :oops:
Shame it wasn't a single! :cry:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 am

I'm glad this era ended. Hope her next album will be as good as 1989, Reputation disappointed me big time.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:39 am

GreekGeek wrote:I can't get over of how amazing "So it Goes" sounds! :oops: I listen to it non-stop these days! :oops:
So It Goes would have been the very last choice for a single :lol: It’s the least downloaded and streamed track on the entire album and the only song not to be on the set list for the tour
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby matt9210 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:06 am

^ I went to the last show in Tokyo and she performed So It Goes, though I think that may have been the only show?

It's actually the only song on the album I tend to skip. I was a little disappointed when I looked up the rest of the tours setlist and saw she performed it instead of Dancing With Our Hands Tied, which is one of my favs. But she sang So It Goes acoustically which was much better than the studio version and gave me a newfound appreciation for the song.
matt9210
Groupie

Postby ludichris » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:27 am

GreekGeek wrote:I can't get over of how amazing "So it Goes" sounds! :oops: I listen to it non-stop these days! :oops:
It was one of my initial faves based on my first listen of the album and I prefer it to all of the official singles she's released this era. One of her best album tracks to date. So sensual and atmospheric.
ludichris
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:41 am

She performed "So It Goes..." on the first London show as the surprise song.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby madgikman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Still love this album
madgikman
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Really surprised she didn’t actually give Getaway Car a proper treatment after releasing it in Aus and NZ...
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Era wrote:This album really grew on me and I'm so glad it did. A year ago when it came out there were like 3 songs I genuinely loved from it and I liked the rest but it all felt a little basic which was a big disappointment after 1989. But no pop album released after this has had songs as catchy or memorable. Nor do they feel as cohesive sound-wise or theme-wise + 'Delicate' is now like Top 10 in her discography for me now.
Thiiiiiiis
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby tyguy723 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:00 am

Disappointed we never got at least one more video...although thinking about that she might have had another video with that creative poison leech Joseph khan again... I really hope next era she utilized different directors for the videos
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Guru » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:02 am

MusicRecords wrote:Really surprised she didn’t actually give Getaway Car a proper treatment after releasing it in Aus and NZ...
And Gorgeous considering she releases the lyrical video for it :cry:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby GetBack » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:28 am

Hope the label change is a great career move for her. I still think it was a bad idea.
GetBack
Legend

Return to Pop