DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 am

Loveguru wrote:This is stupid
And not even catchy. Just disposable.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 am

Two of the most annoying/basic people in music together, don't even wanna hear it. But I'll prob play it once anyway :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby BillyBlitzkid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Calling P!NK basic :D :D :D

Well this is far from her best song/single. But people were always crying for a change in direction. Here it is and people are still moaning. She mixes it up a bit, be glad with that.
Many miles many roads I have traveled
Fallen down on the way
Many hearts many years have unraveled
Leading up to today
BillyBlitzkid
Manager

Postby Washingtonian25 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:48 pm

P!nk is anything but basic. She is one of the few who actually always delivered no matter what for the last 17 years. Singles, albums, performances, tours... But this single is mediocre at it's best. That is if we want to be "kind" to it.
Washingtonian25
Manager

Postby GreekGeek » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Washingtonian25 wrote:P!nk is anything but basic. She is one of the few who actually always delivered no matter what for the last 17 years. Singles, albums, performances, tours... But this single is mediocre at it's best. That is if we want to be "kind" to it.
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 pm

I don't see how she's can't be labeled as basic these days, since she hasn't put out anything musically relevant in almost 10 years.

She's basically an Avril Lavigne with good sales (and no bops).
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am

ArmyOfMe wrote:I don't see how she's can't be labeled as basic these days, since she hasn't put out anything musically relevant in almost 10 years.

Care to elaborate a bit on that? I'm interested to hear what you consider 'musically relevant'.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:58 am

Damiennatas1 wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:I don't see how she's can't be labeled as basic these days, since she hasn't put out anything musically relevant in almost 10 years.

Care to elaborate a bit on that? I'm interested to hear what you consider 'musically relevant'.
Something original in the context of her discography! I was even quite kind, since one could argue that even Funhouse was a rehash of I'm Not Dead.
It just seems blatantly obvious to me that she dropped the ball long ago.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:05 pm

To elaborate a little bit more:

Also click, click, click

The songs speak for themselves, tbh
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:11 pm

^This is not necessarily bad or irrelevant. She has just found her sound and what works for her.
On the other hand, doing the same thing over and over is tiring at times...

We all wanted a change and this time she did it but we can not feel it for several reasons. :lol: :lol:
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm

GreekGeek wrote:We all wanted a change and this time she did it but we can not feel it for several reasons. :lol: :lol:
I would argue that this is not really much of a change either, she just has more ballads than uptempos, but the formula is still the same.

I guess I'll just go listen to Try This.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby JamieCarey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 pm

I love both Pink and Eminem but for some reason their collabs just don't click with me. On paper you would think they would be amazing but they are basic in my opinion, not bad songs just not as great as you'd expect from them.
JamieCarey
Manager

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

JamieCarey wrote:I love both Pink and Eminem but for some reason their collabs just don't click with me. On paper you would think they would be amazing but they are basic in my opinion, not bad songs just not as great as you'd expect from them.
"Won't Back Down" and "Here Comes The Weekend" were better songs than "Revenge" but they were never released as singles. :(
However, this b-side is the second single of the whole project! If it was the fourth then i wouldn't mind that much.
I don't think this song can sell the album or be a hit. :oops:
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:I would argue that this is not really much of a change either, she just has more ballads than uptempos, but the formula is still the same.
To be fair, it's not a great change. It's more of a toned down version of her formula.

I don't know what happened but i'm saying it again: this time her material is mediocre. She always had filler tracks in her albums but she also had some more instant songs that stood out. BT sounds samey except 2 songs...
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Since when has doing something different (subjective btw) been the only contributing factor in doing something that's musically relevant?

She's done something different with this and has had a very cool response, doesn't that completely nullify your reasoning?
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Simon89 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't like revenge, it is the worst song of the album imo.
Simon89
Roadie

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:Since when has doing something different (subjective btw) been the only contributing factor in doing something that's musically relevant?

She's done something different with this and has had a very cool response, doesn't that completely nullify your reasoning?
Doing something different is not subjective, and this album is not any different to any other album that she's done before.
And anyway, trying new things IS a contributing factor in an artist's development. No one is asking her to go hard rock or to do an electronic album, but at least she could try to avoid giving us an album full of I Don't Believe You/Try wannabes.

Beyoncé, for instance, has been doing R&B for her whole career, but no one can say (regardless of the fact that they like her or not) that she's made the same album four times in a row.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:27 am

This song is Record of the Week at the biggest Dutch radio station (Radio 538) this week. the song's #86 on iTunes already. I think this will be another big hit for her here - and probably in the rest of Europe and US too.
I'm not a big fan of the song (maybe it'll grow on me), but I feel like she has the momentum going on at the moment.
Good for her :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby adamf2thedeath » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:43 am

I can't bear this song. She's has really lost me with this era. And the last to be honest except at least on the last album we had blow, walk of shame, slut like you and try. She's become SO middle of the road now.
I love diving in your mind and coming out with every diamond I can find...No Sleeep.
adamf2thedeath
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:47 pm

This is not among her best singles. Hard to think Eminem and P!nk would be so plain together. Like Em, dude, you used to be a genius in late 90s and early 00s. What happened.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby JJeffs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:19 pm

"Basic" means different things to different people, that's for sure. It can be taken literally or in more of a slang-for-bad kind of way. Much like "flop", I suppose.

Anyway, I think this song works. Seems to me like it's meant to be a playful, light record, amongst several more thoughtful and earnest lyrics on the album. I didn't care much for their previous collab - this one works better for me. I'm not sold on its commercial success prospects, but it's a good way to get Eminem back on the radio before he makes a comeback of his own.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby nekoocz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 pm

This Is so much fun!!!

This part makes me laugh loud everytime i hear it

He can't just get away with it
Eye for eye you piece of shit
You treat us like a garbage pit
Let me at him, wait for it, wait for it...
Here's that singing part again
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm

So there is a new Eminem single featuring Beyonce... perhaps the release of Revenge was postponed?
greek_boy
Legend

Return to Pop