Charlie Puth - Voicenotes

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby NoAngel » Fri May 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Decent pop album that feels like a body of work which is rare in pop world today.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 am

album is decent.
stevyy
Legend

Postby frrr » Sat May 12, 2018 11:18 am

harryk wrote:Okay just need to get this off my chest real quick. As much as I like Charlie and his new record I absolutely hate that he calls songs or tracks "records". Always

Just say "song", Charlie..... Or "track"

Record should stand for album only, I've now watched a few interviews with him and it's driving me insane!
He should say recording, record is indeed for album
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby Westen » Sat May 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Album is quite nice, it doesn;t have 12 more Attentions but it's still good, he found his sound.

My only problem are (beside that biim ballad) some lyrics, i don't like the fact that he tried to make woke song with Change, it has nice melody but lyrics are very try hard, it's like he is forcing himself to do it so he could earn some more respect and acclaim as adult artist...

Same in The way i am and last song when he is bitching about his life and struggles a celebrity... You simply can't write those lyrics so early in your career.
Westen
Legend

Postby harryk » Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 am

The album is very good, listened to it front to back at least 10 times these past two days. The songs have something addictive about them
harryk
Groupie

Postby Thriller » Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 am

It's good that he moved on from that horrible Meghan Trainor-esque faux Motown thing he was doing, this era is ten times cooler. Just listened to the album and it's a really solid pop record - Done For Me is still my favourite.
Thriller

Postby PerKitty » Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 am

I really hope that this tops the 200 this upcoming Sunday. Charlie really is a good guy and deserves that honor. I mean, if his singles don't make the top 10 at least his albums are hits. Nine Track Mind was also a great album.
PerKitty
Personal Assistant

Postby spiritboy » Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 pm

PerKitty wrote:I really hope that this tops the 200 this upcoming Sunday. Charlie really is a good guy and deserves that honor. I mean, if his singles don't make the top 10 at least his albums are hits. Nine Track Mind was also a great album.
I think this will flop. There is no hype for him sadly. He should've released this after Attention.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon May 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Westen wrote:My only problem are (beside that biim ballad) some lyrics, i don't like the fact that he tried to make woke song with Change, it has nice melody but lyrics are very try hard, it's like he is forcing himself to do it so he could earn some more respect and acclaim as adult artist...

Change is one of the best songs on the album IMO. Lyrics are the strong point there.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 am

So they even had a complete booklet ready with the new cover, a mess
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 am

^ Mess!

The new cover really grew on me and i prefer it to the old one now. So it would have been nice to have the new one on the physical CD as well :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am

Like I said, everything was probably done in January, including printing of the album...
Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 am

Btw I really love album now. There is no another Attention, but abum sure feels like a cohesive work, it feels like an album, and i love that.
Westen
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am

Westen wrote:Like I said, everything was probably done in January, including printing of the album...
What was he doing when he posted footage from the studio? :lol: Like why go through so much trouble if everything was already ready, such a weird album campaign
Jesper
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 am

This is surprisingly good!
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby AllieCat17 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:06 pm

So much of his album definitely echoes the classic rock/pop songs of the past; I feel like Charlie is a good artist to use when helping older people to get into today's music a little more.
AllieCat17
Groupie

Postby PerKitty » Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Alliecat, I like your input.

Yes. Charlie's one of the artists of today that I am enjoying. I like how his material sounds old-fashioned but at the same time so modern and so young! haha He's definitely a blast from the past. He's in the same league now as Sam Smith, Adele, and Bruno Mars for me. All are modern artists yet captivate us people who love the classics.
PerKitty
Personal Assistant

Postby PerKitty » Sun May 20, 2018 2:15 am

I am really loving these two:

The Way I Am

and

BOY.
PerKitty
Personal Assistant

Postby Westen » Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Westen
Legend

Postby madgikman » Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm

It's this album really not getting the attention(no pun intended) it deserves? I don't follow charts, but I know good music when I hear it. This is really an enjoyable album and I'm 44 yrs old lol
madgikman
Personal Assistant

Postby Westen » Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm

madgikman wrote:It's this album really not getting the attention(no pun intended) it deserves? I don't follow charts, but I know good music when I hear it. This is really an enjoyable album and I'm 44 yrs old lol
Chart wise it might peak higher everywhere but he'll need hit for it to stick around. unfortunately it wasn't released on the back of a hit. For some reason Done for me is not supported on Spotify, and it reached #6 on itunes last week.
Westen
Legend

Postby madgikman » Sun May 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Westen wrote:
madgikman wrote:It's this album really not getting the attention(no pun intended) it deserves? I don't follow charts, but I know good music when I hear it. This is really an enjoyable album and I'm 44 yrs old lol
Chart wise it might peak higher everywhere but he'll need hit for it to stick around. unfortunately it wasn't released on the back of a hit. For some reason Done for me is not supported on Spotify, and it reached #6 on itunes last week.
Not that I follow metacrtic, but he only scored a 67. I thought the album would've been received better. I kind of feel bad for him, cuz I think he's pretty talented.
madgikman
Personal Assistant

Postby Westen » Sun May 20, 2018 7:45 pm

madgikman wrote:
Westen wrote:
Not that I follow metacrtic, but he only scored a 67. I thought the album would've been received better. I kind of feel bad for him, cuz I think he's pretty talented.
That's actually amazing score, coming after the lat album. He only started rebuilding his image and artistry, so it will take time for him to be accepted for his talent. SO far, Attention and the album did amazing job, i started paying attention to him because of this era, and I LOVE album.
Westen
Legend

Return to Pop