Charlie Puth - Voicenotes

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Westen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 pm

New release date is May 11th. RIP.
Westen
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Deluxe or a longer album in the end.
I also find the new instant grat choice interesting, since it is not something that would catch on globally to be a potential single
Jesper
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Hopefully it's not a single. They'll probably release new single in March.
Westen
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm

The release date is now May 11, I expected March, May is so damn far away
Jesper
Legend

Postby Ink » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Jesper wrote:The release date is now May 11, I expected March, May is so damn far away
He is such an idiot
Ink
Groupie

Postby Debs_Wild » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Jesper wrote:
Westen wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Westen wrote:They already had tracklist down when they uploaded album on itunes so i don't buy this excuse that it's not perfect.
They actually didn't and were still figuring things out, if you follow him on social media, you basically see him updating about recording and writing every few days. The tracklist was not finalised at all.
Yeah but they already posted 13 tracks and we know where were Attention and HL placed so they already had an idea about the album.
I was really looking forward to it, i am pressed now.
Well it's not uncommon for Warner related artists, Dua Lipa's had the same :lol:
I am also slightly pressed though, was looking forward to it
And for some reason they always come up with the same lame excuses that they very foolishly expect us to believe.
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Debs_Wild wrote:And for some reason they always come up with the same lame excuses that they very foolishly expect us to believe.
In Charlie's case i believe it, in Dua's I never did, since I also had other information about the album process
Jesper
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Jesper wrote:
Debs_Wild wrote:And for some reason they always come up with the same lame excuses that they very foolishly expect us to believe.
In Charlie's case i believe it, in Dua's I never did, since I also had other information about the album process
Spill it :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Westen wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Dua's album process was a mess, I would need to write a proper essay of various pages to spill things properly :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Jesper wrote:
Westen wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Dua's album process was a mess, I would need to write a proper essay of various pages to spill things properly :lol:
Now you got me curious :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Westen wrote:
Let me just say it is a blessing and a curse that she is signed with both Universal and Warner
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mugen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Jesper wrote:
Westen wrote:
Let me just say it is a blessing and a curse that she is signed with both Universal and Warner
Ah, you can't tease us like that! lol
Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 pm

The Boyz II Men song is quite boring :(
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:39 pm

Benjamin wrote:The Boyz II Men song is quite boring :(
Sadly enough
Jesper
Legend

Postby ludichris » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:23 am

New song is a snoozefest and the Four(!!?) month delay has all but killed my anticipation for the project. Yikes.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Debs_Wild » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 am

Jesper wrote:
Westen wrote:
Jesper wrote:
After you thought that Sia was still with Sony and that Alexandra signed with an indie label I don't trust your sources. 8-)
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby Jesper » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:16 am

Debs_Wild wrote:After you thought that Sia was still with Sony and that Alexandra signed with an indie label I don't trust your sources. 8-)
And it seems you didn't read what I said about Sia afterwards, because I had not followed Sia for a while, and things changed in-between, from what I got told, and I never said I had a 'source' for Alexandra, more people assumed that was a indie label on here :wink:

Also I know some more background I can't share, but most of the mess of Dua's era is not a secret, I mean just read through the album thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=117750&hilit=dua+lipa

But this is a Charlie thread, so let's focus on that :wink:
Last edited by Jesper on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:17 am

Benjamin wrote:The Boyz II Men song is quite boring :(
Sadly enough :( it's like a Pentatonix bonustrack
Jesper
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:38 am

Guys please discuss other artists in their own threads.

New song is snoozefest indeed. Watch Shawn Mendes release a catchy smash while Charlie is "busy" with his album.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:42 am

spiritboy wrote:Guys please discuss other artists in their own threads.

New song is snoozefest indeed. Watch Shawn Mendes release a catchy smash while Charlie is "busy" with his album.
Agreed, we should have taken it to that album thread

I am currently a bit clueless what's the deal now. I fear that it is pushed back so far is because the material that he had ready, including the new song, were not the material his label hoped for and they send him to the drawing board to record more to have more potential choices
Jesper
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 am

Jesper wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Guys please discuss other artists in their own threads.

Agreed, we should have taken it to that album thread

I am currently a bit clueless what's the deal now. I fear that it is pushed back so far is because the material that he had ready, including the new song, were not the material his label hoped for and they send him to the drawing board to record more to have more potential choices
If the material he sent to label is similar to the latest song, i won't be surprised tbh :lol: :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:56 pm

Damn, I thought I would be able to enjoy some great music by Charlie this month.
May is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! - What a horrible idea to push the album to that date!

The new song is horrible. Such a snoozefest-
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Mainshow wrote:Damn, I thought I would be able to enjoy some great music by Charlie this month.
May is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! - What a horrible idea to push the album to that date!

The new song is horrible. Such a snoozefest-
This basically sounds as if we are getting a whole different album after all and thats rather very weird and disappointing.

I utterly enjoyed Attention and How Long but unfortunately the sales and general response seemed to be tad lukewarm despite having fantastic music material and heavy promotional packages.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm

oaknuys wrote:I utterly enjoyed Attention and How Long but unfortunately the sales and general response seemed to be tad lukewarm despite having fantastic music material and heavy promotional packages.
This might be true for How Long but Attention was definitely a WW Hit :lol:
BeeBoy
Personal Assistant

Postby JakeP » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:07 pm

I get the impression that most of this album was more in line with this Boyz II Men ballad, and the record label want more Attention type tracks so have made Charlie go back to the drawing board to deliver more goods.
JakeP
Manager

Return to Pop