Rita Ora | Anywhere

Moderator: Spartan

Postby Jesper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 am

pretty great medley, all 3 songs sound great back to back, she really should include all 3 on the album
Jesper
Legend

Postby Shayonce » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 am

lonely together is not her song tho. but she could make acoustic or different version, like part 2.
then put it on her album.
the original is really mess with tuned vocal, doesn't even sound like rita at all. lol

hope this became smash. rita deserve more success.
Shayonce
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 am

Really enjoyed the medley. Good performance, although all Burberry everything definitely should have stayed in the early 2000s.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Jesper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:20 am

Shayonce wrote:lonely together is not her song tho. but she could make acoustic or different version, like part 2.
Even if it isn't her song, she could stil make arrangements to get it included on her album, even just as deluxe track, without it being an acoustic version, Pt 2. or a remix. Demi also got Instruction included on her album, even though it is not technically her song.

I get what you are saying about her vocals on the song though, since it is hard to hear it is her. But sonically these 3 songs fit so well together, that even if she doesn't add it to her album, I def. will add it to my iTunes once the album is released eventually :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Such a great song. I think Calvin did her a huge favor by scrapping the album.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Kaloki » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Hate to admit, but this is sooooo goood
Kaloki
Manager

Postby Jesper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Anywhere entwines Rita’s unmistakably modern soul with classic '90s elements, and an exhilarating bassline. Rita wrote Anywhere when she was based in LA earlier this year. “I was in a routine, working every day, and found myself day dreaming about breaking out of the city and going on a road trip with my friends and never looking back.” This is Pop at its sweetest, most persuasive form of escapism.

Your Song has been one of the biggest singles of 2017. The comeback song re-established Rita as one of pop’s leaders, becoming her biggest hit across Europe. The track has amassed over 300 million global streams and is continuing to grow.

Earlier this month Rita dazzled viewers of the Ellen Show with a stunning live performance of the track and has also performed the single on major U.S shows including Jimmy Fallon, GMA and Teen Choice.

Rita is currently having her second massive hit of the year thanks to her recent collaboration with Avicii. Their melancholy dance hit, Lonely Together has now hit the top three and is giving Rita another streaming hit around the world.

All three singles will be on Rita Ora’s upcoming album due for release next year. The album includes songs Rita has worked on with Stargate, Julia Michaels and DFA.
http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/J ... ew/171266/

So if she plays her cards right, and this becomes huge, she will have 3 succesful singles in UK/EU before the album is even out, nice :D
Jesper
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Jesper wrote:http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/JennaKnightPR/view/171266/

So if she plays her cards right, and this becomes huge, she will have 3 succesful singles in UK/EU before the album is even out, nice :D
Anywhere better become a smash hit as its my favourite Rita Ora song, loving it so much more than all her previous singles and also bought it today on iTunes.

IIrc Calvin Harris had 3 successful singles before 18 months came out so this could be beneficial for selling the album. I hope there will be more songs like this though as its fantastic.
JakeP
Manager

Postby LotsOfLove » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 am

This sounds like it got stuck in 2008. :o Sounds sooo old.
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm

What a tune.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby lenor » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:44 pm

im hooked on this!! its her best song since IWNLYD!!
lenor
Superstar

Postby Frederic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:44 pm

I was expecting so much more based on the comments here! :lol:

So far, Your Song >>>
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby NoAngel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:57 pm

It's her best song by far. I hope there will be an acoustic version as well. It'll make it even better!
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 pm

I get a "Do You Wanna Get A Way" by Shannon vibe.

Maybe that's why I love it so much.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Ugh I can’t even act like this isn’t a good pop song. Way better than Your Shit
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby setg1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:17 am

I must admit I don't like it. Or actually, most of it is pretty good. The overused stuttering part with the chopped up, pitch-altered vocals (hard to explain but you know what I mean) is annoying and ruins the whole song for me, I hope they release a version without that part.
setg1
Roadie

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:47 am

Jesper wrote:
Shayonce wrote:lonely together is not her song tho. but she could make acoustic or different version, like part 2.
Even if it isn't her song, she could stil make arrangements to get it included on her album, even just as deluxe track, without it being an acoustic version, Pt 2. or a remix. Demi also got Instruction included on her album, even though it is not technically her song.

I get what you are saying about her vocals on the song though, since it is hard to hear it is her. But sonically these 3 songs fit so well together, that even if she doesn't add it to her album, I def. will add it to my iTunes once the album is released eventually :lol:
I get what you mean, but Jax Jones and Demi are with the same major (Universal), while Avicii is with Universal but Rita with Warner. So the only thing they could do is adding it as a album-only track for CD/download (like Clean Bandit/Zara), but she won't get SPS units for that song
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I adore this song. I've loved everything she's released recently. I loved her on top model. Sad she only lasted a season.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Roadie

Postby Thriller » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:22 pm

setg1 wrote:I must admit I don't like it. Or actually, most of it is pretty good. The overused stuttering part with the chopped up, pitch-altered vocals (hard to explain but you know what I mean) is annoying and ruins the whole song for me, I hope they release a version without that part.
That's the best part of the song!
Thriller

Postby Odyssey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:14 pm

I dislike her immensely but this bop just can't be denied.
Odyssey
Personal Assistant

Postby RayRay » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:17 pm

setg1 wrote:I must admit I don't like it. Or actually, most of it is pretty good. The overused stuttering part with the chopped up, pitch-altered vocals (hard to explain but you know what I mean) is annoying and ruins the whole song for me, I hope they release a version without that part.
I think they could have saved it for the remix. But although it's my least favorite part of the song, I still think it's a great song overall.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby nekoocz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:40 pm

I almost started to dance on my way to work this morning listening to this :lol: this is my favourite song she ever released
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Just got a ticket to see her live in Amsterdam :D
Jesper
Legend

Postby Fan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Jesper wrote:Just got a ticket to see her live in Amsterdam :D
Has the sale already started!? Thought it would be on Friday?
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Fan wrote:
Jesper wrote:Just got a ticket to see her live in Amsterdam :D
Has the sale already started!? Thought it would be on Friday?
I got a pre-sale link, I didn't even knew there was a pre-sale for Amsterdam, but asked around on Twitter and got the link, I can PM it, if you want :)
Jesper
Legend

Return to Pop