Luis Fonsi + Demi Lovato - Échame La Culpa

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Benjamin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Luis' new single is titled 'Échame La Culpa' and features Demi Lovato.
The video's already been shot.
Song's expected to be released November 17.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:49 pm

Strange collaboration...but I'm curious to hear it
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:53 pm

Demi Lovato and Luis Fonsi on the set of a music video in New York City, NY - October 21st
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Teo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Strange collaboration...but I'm curious to hear it
Why? I don't think it's strange at all. He had a huge song this year. She appeals to the South American market a lot. She's bigger there than in some anglophone countries (I mean, DEMI was a Diamond record in Brazil, which is one of his key markets). He clearly wants another hit on the radio in the US, something not really granted only by his name, and she comes from a #1 pop hit (plus she's just given Cheat Codes their first hit on the radio in the country). She was always kind of a radio darling in the US since GYHAB. Even her minor hits got played a lot (RDC and NL for example). And now she is in an even better place.

I think it's a smart collab for both. Don't know how it will do, but I guess it can only help their career.
Teo
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:29 am

Teo wrote:
Why? I don't think it's strange at all. He had a huge song this year. She appeals to the South American market a lot. She's bigger there than in some anglophone countries (I mean, DEMI was a Diamond record in Brazil, which is one of his key markets). He clearly wants another hit on the radio in the US, something not really granted only by his name, and she comes from a #1 pop hit (plus she's just given Cheat Codes their first hit on the radio in the country). She was always kind of a radio darling in the US since GYHAB. Even her minor hits got played a lot (RDC and NL for example). And now she is in an even better place.

I think it's a smart collab for both. Don't know how it will do, but I guess it can only help their career.
I did not know that, well now it makes ore sense :wink:
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 am

16 weeks at #1 and the best he can get is Poot? :lol:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:53 am

Goldmoney wrote:16 weeks at #1 and the best he can get is Poot? :lol:
What is a poot?
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:56 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
What is a poot?
+1 :lol:
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:56 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
What is a poot?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/poot-lovato
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:16 am

Goldmoney wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
What is a poot?
Wth :lol: :lol:
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:17 am

I feel like he waited too long tbh he should've released something a bit earlier, I know despacito is still charting but feels like a long time since it was big..
MusicRecords
Legend

Postby JimJim » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:13 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:
What is a poot?
OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 am

From Bieber to Lovato... sad.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 am

I really wanted him to release a duet with Christina Aguilera. They've worked together before on her 'Mi Reflejo' album and I think she would appeal to the Latin market more than Demi. Also, it would've been a good opportunity for her to score a hit again.
That said, I think Demi is another good choice for a duet with a female singer. I like her :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby spiritboy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:29 am

Demi is on a roll lately so it's logical that he is collaborating with her.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the choice does make sense, she has stable success and this year has been good for her. I'm sure the song won't be nearly as big as Despacito, but it should still be bigger than most of Demi's hits, especially in SA. So it's a win for her! Idc about him :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
Carbon
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 am

Hahahaha.
Delete it fat.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Strange that he didn't put an album out of the back of Despacito's success or released something earlier featuring a household name.
BlueScorpion's interview is now up HERE! on UKMIX. Submit a question :)
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Goldmoney wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:
What is a poot?
Wth :lol: :lol:
I refuse to believe you of all people had never heard of Poot. It was EVERYWHERE :lol:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby smellslikejavier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:18 am

Teo wrote:

not at all, you're confusing two totally different markets. demi lovato DOESN'T appeals to the spanish-speaking market, in fact english music is barely relevant in latin america nowadays except for maybe brazil which speaks portuguese and like i said its a different market with different tastes from those who speaks spanish.
brazil does tend to consume english music more often, but latin america (all the other countries which speaks spanish) only listens to their own spanish reggaeton songs nowadays as their mainstream music because english music doesn't appeals to them like it maybe did a decade ago.

check the top 10/20 spotify charts of the more than 20 spanish speaking countries and you'll find mostly reggaeton songs (in spanish), barely any english song IF its really huge enough or none at all. the radios only plays reggaeton there.
smellslikejavier
Groupie

Postby smellslikejavier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:21 am

MusicRecords wrote:
Teo wrote:

I did not know that, well now it makes ore sense :wink:
he's wrong though, like i said the only latin america country that listens to english music more often is brazil which speaks portuguese, all the other latin american countries which speaks spanish (more than 20), including spain, only listens to spanish reggaeton and demi lovato isn't huge there at all.
her song "sorry not sorry" which was huge in the US is unknown for latin americans, like i said they only listen to reggaeton or other songs in spanish.
smellslikejavier
Groupie

Postby Teo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:23 pm

When I say she appeals to the SA market I don't mean she's huge there. He wanted to collaborated with an American pop singer, and Demi is well liked in SA for being an english speaking singer. That's it. He doesn't need someone huge in SA. He is the one. But still, he probably wanted someone that appealed somehow to that market. Demi kinda does that (her latina heritage, for instance). I know the market there is dominated by spanish music. But she still has a diamond record in Brazil and gold records in Mexico, Argentina, Chile. Meaning she has a good following there, even though her songs aren't really big. So yeah, for being a foreign act she's quite known. I am sure there's more than that behind this choice too.
Teo
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 am

:o 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby jpguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 am

Teo wrote:When I say she appeals to the SA market I don't mean she's huge there. He wanted to collaborated with an American pop singer, and Demi is well liked in SA for being an english speaking singer. That's it. He doesn't need someone huge in SA. He is the one. But still, he probably wanted someone that appealed somehow to that market. Demi kinda does that (her latina heritage, for instance). I know the market there is dominated by spanish music. But she still has a diamond record in Brazil and gold records in Mexico, Argentina, Chile. Meaning she has a good following there, even though her songs aren't really big. So yeah, for being a foreign act she's quite known. I am sure there's more than that behind this choice too.
I can. Agree with this.
I can't think of a huge American artist having a "huge" following in Latin America besides Demi and Selena. Ariana comes after them here. Demi has been appealing to teens a lot , magazines and news papers sometimes would have news of her, not a lot but sometimes. Her music is played in radios and people know of her. In her demographics she's definitely known.
::: BTS: Beyond the scene :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to Pop