Taylor Swift | reputation Stadium Tour

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Cactuar » Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Westen wrote:I've seen some clips and she really is all about money and that's it? I don't see any vision or artistry when she's on stage, its just 'let's see how much money we can spend on bling'
Maybe you just don’t get her? Like how I don’t get Rihanna or Adele because everything you’ve just said sounds like all the successful artists I don’t enjoy. Maybe that’s just how we think about people we don’t like? Which is a shame because the art and creativity is definitely alive, whether in this tour or on ANTI or even Bionic.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

$21.2M grossed so far from 3 dates! 8-)
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby spiritboy » Thu May 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Queen 8-)
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat May 19, 2018 1:46 am

Biebz wrote:$21.2M grossed so far from 3 dates! 8-)
SMASH! 8-)
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat May 19, 2018 7:48 am

she sang "Wildest Dreams" on the second tour date and "The Best Day" on the tour date after Mother's Day... and Shawn Mendes was a surprise guest on stage at the Rose Bowl tour date, according to her Instagram. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:14 am

My tickets arrived last week. I'm beyond excited!!
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:40 am

I loved her in Chicago! She was absolutely phenomenal! One of the best gigs I've ever been to
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:37 am

Just saw her at Wembley and it was MADNESS!! OMG she's one huge superstar and brought the house down. Robbie Williams made a surprise appearance and they sang "Angels". It was so beautiful and emotional. The entire crowd went nuts. :cry:
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:05 am

BlueScorpion wrote:Just saw her at Wembley and it was MADNESS!! OMG she's one huge superstar and brought the house down. Robbie Williams made a surprise appearance and they sang "Angels". It was so beautiful and emotional. The entire crowd went nuts. :cry:
Wow! :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:27 am

I went yesterday too.. it was an interesting one for me.
I know multiple people who went for free - tickets have been popping up in competitions everywhere. I got mine through a small donation to a children's charity, I thought I was one of only a few people doing that but when I arrived to collect them, they had literally hundreds of unbought tickets to hand out. It wasn't full, but by no means was it empty. And it was the second date so I guess selling out Wembley twice is always a big ask.

Production levels, effects, length of time given to us, all superb, I can't argue with any of it. Some of the songs, Blank Space particularly, were seriously some of the best pop concert moments I can remember and meant for stadiums.

The problem really was me, and that I didn't take myself to see her sooner. I just couldn't help thinking how much more I would have enjoyed the Red or 1989 tour and how so many songs I wanted/expected were cut/chopped up/medleyed. I can't even fathom a Taylor show without IKYWT and I want to curate a show with Begin Again, All You Had To Do Was Stay, Everything Has Changed, Out Of The Woods etc. I missed a trick not going earlier, I get that I was at the reputation tour but I just felt like there was a loooooot of it, and the ten songs from other albums was a stretch given how they were mostly not full songs. I could live without Call It What You Want, King of My Heart, Dress, Getaway Car. I just don't connect to them as much,

Most upsetting was that I was like at least I'll get Dancing With our Hands Tied, the albums BIG BOP.... acoustic... ffs!!! Don't Blame Me went OFF though

TLDR, it was a great show but in hindsight I'm a mess for not experiencing Taylor two eras ago and seeing the show I would have wanted,
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 am

I saw her on Friday and she was so good! Would’ve preferred Robbie Williams as special guest than Niall Horan though who we had haha
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:I saw her on Friday and she was so good! Would’ve preferred Robbie Williams as special guest than Niall Horan though who we had haha
I'd have swapped you :lol:
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby GetBack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:I went yesterday too.. it was an interesting one for me.
I know multiple people who went for free - tickets have been popping up in competitions everywhere. I got mine through a small donation to a children's charity, I thought I was one of only a few people doing that but when I arrived to collect them, they had literally hundreds of unbought tickets to hand out. It wasn't full, but by no means was it empty. And it was the second date so I guess selling out Wembley twice is always a big ask.

Production levels, effects, length of time given to us, all superb, I can't argue with any of it. Some of the songs, Blank Space particularly, were seriously some of the best pop concert moments I can remember and meant for stadiums.

The problem really was me, and that I didn't take myself to see her sooner. I just couldn't help thinking how much more I would have enjoyed the Red or 1989 tour and how so many songs I wanted/expected were cut/chopped up/medleyed. I can't even fathom a Taylor show without IKYWT and I want to curate a show with Begin Again, All You Had To Do Was Stay, Everything Has Changed, Out Of The Woods etc. I missed a trick not going earlier, I get that I was at the reputation tour but I just felt like there was a loooooot of it, and the ten songs from other albums was a stretch given how they were mostly not full songs. I could live without Call It What You Want, King of My Heart, Dress, Getaway Car. I just don't connect to them as much,

Most upsetting was that I was like at least I'll get Dancing With our Hands Tied, the albums BIG BOP.... acoustic... ffs!!! Don't Blame Me went OFF though

TLDR, it was a great show but in hindsight I'm a mess for not experiencing Taylor two eras ago and seeing the show I would have wanted,
This is the exact sentiment of all my friends who saw her just now as well! They wished they watched her earlier tours since they wanted to experience the other Taylor hits from other albums! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:06 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:I went yesterday too.. it was an interesting one for me.
So there are people paying a lots of money to get tickets and you could get them by small donation to charity? Or it was a charity competition?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:50 pm

I had floor tickets and the messiest part was when everyone jumped to their chaires and you couldn't see sh*t it was annoying because there were little children and their mothers were upset.

Bad Blood is such a crowd leading song.
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:11 pm

As posted by BlueScorpion in the Era thread.

BlueScorpion wrote:
Taylor Swift made history for being the First Female Artist to headline Ohio Stadium, one of the world's largest stadiums. The show tonight was projected to have a record breaking attendance of 95,000-100,000 people.

This has been reported throughout not sure how accurate might be.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 pm

The details of Taylor Swift’s Reputation Tour production are insane

Her show at the Ohio Stadium on Saturday is said to have been the biggest production ever hosted in the venue.

Boasting 52 semi-trucks of staging, and 30 more of steel, the production recquires 4 (yes FOUR) whole cranes to put everything together and make it the monumental show it is. Columbus Arena Sports and Entertainment (CASE) say it is a bigger production than The Rolling Stones 2015 concert at the same venue, or Cirque Di Soleil’s Michael Jackson event that took place nearby.
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 am

^cool stuff! Def a huge production, props to everyone putting it together
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Crazy images from Philly!!!

YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Guru » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 pm

GetBack wrote:As posted by BlueScorpion in the Era thread.

BlueScorpion wrote:
Taylor Swift made history for being the First Female Artist to headline Ohio Stadium, one of the world's largest stadiums. The show tonight was projected to have a record breaking attendance of 95,000-100,000 people.

This has been reported throughout not sure how accurate might be.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

62,897 attendance? 100% capacity though (sold out)
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby GetBack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:00 am

All the casual fans who went to see her misses the old hits, she can really double the success of this if she did a greatest hits kind of show.
GetBack
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 am

Considering she's more focused on promoting "Reputation" I think she's weighted her setlist very well. She just needs to add IKYWT and then everything fits perfectly.
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:58 am

Taylor Swift Donates Reputation Tour Tickets to Mourning Police Department
Per Billboard

Taylor Swift is helping ease the pain of a Massachusetts city mourning the recent loss of a police officer. Weymouth Mayor Robert Hedlund tells The Patriot Ledger that Swift donated “a significant number of tickets” to the town for her shows this weekend in Foxborough, which were distributed among city police officers. Weymouth Sgt. Michael Chesna was shot and killed while investigating a car crash July 15. The same person is also suspected of killing bystander Vera Adams.

Hedlund says there were enough to send “every police officer, firefighter and extended family to the concert, and then some.” The extras were passed on to other nearby police departments. Hedlund thanked Swift for the gesture on behalf of the town.
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:14 am

that WANEGBT / TIWWCHNT part is so amazing, I hope we get a live album of this tour.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Cactuar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Those of you who went, was there any indication of what the next single would be? Which got the strongest reaction from fans?
Cactuar
Superstar

Return to Pop