Taylor Swift | reputation Stadium Tour

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby mattsky » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Cactuar wrote:Those of you who went, was there any indication of what the next single would be? Which got the strongest reaction from fans?
I think "Don't Blame Me" or "I Did Something Bad".
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 pm

6 Reasons Why Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour Is the Peak of Her Career

If you've seen a Taylor Swift concert prior to this summer, you know she doesn't mess around. With her infectious stage presence, impressive musicianship, and mesmerizing stage setup, the pop star leaves you wanting more the second her show ends.

But last August, the now 28-year-old singer declared that "the old Taylor is dead" in her eerie single "Look What You Made Me Do," the beginning of a new era for Swift. Introducing a production-heavy, moodier vibe with her sixth album, Reputation, it seemed Swift's next tour may be a different experience than her past productions. And it is, but in a way that doesn't overshadow what she's done before. Instead, the Reputation Tour shows the Taylor Swift she has meant to be all along.

As someone who had the opportunity to catch every Swift headlining tour in her country days (Fearless, Speak Now and Red), I knew very well what the old Taylor was like on stage. She had an innocence that made her feel like your friend, but there was always this boldness that, while endearing, felt a bit juxtaposed to her good-girl, curly haired image. It always worked, though, and each production was incredible -- but it all made sense once I saw the Reputation Tour.

The larger-than-life show is the culmination of everything Taylor has done in concert, meshing her talent with her prowess in a nearly two-hour spectacle. While reports of not-so-great ticket sales have loomed, that's certainly not the "reputation" the tour should get. Whatever the stats, here area some reasons why Swift's latest tour is the pinnacle of her career.

1. The production isn't just massive -- it's built for a superstar.

Swift's sets have always been elaborate, but the visuals on this tour are on another level. Massive screens display 2-D images that almost feel 3-D, and the things that are 3-D -- gigantic snakes, an oversized seesaw, a (working) fountain -- almost make you ask, "How is that real?"

2. She's the most comfortable on a stage in her overall career.

Confidence has never been an issue for Swift when it comes to being on stage, but she used to spend more time soaking up the crowd's screams. Now she spends more time smiling her way through her flawless production. There was never a moment where her conviction wavered as she'd bounce from intense choreography to playing guitar -- on her own.

3. The video monologues are as self-aware as they are entrancing.

The most impactful video comes before Swift's encore, titled "Why She Disappeared." While the visuals themselves are fun to watch and the story she tells feels like an age-old fairytale, the video is actually a lot deeper than what it appears to be.

4. Her vulnerability makes her message relatable.

Though Swift's interim videos show images of herself, her sentiments are so introspective that they result in some self-reflection of your own accord as you wait for her to return to the stage. But Swift shares the same kind of meaningful messages before playing her empowering song "Long Live" on piano. At the opening night of the tour in Glendale, Arizona, she elaborated on what she went through while making Reputation, and what that word means to her -- which made the message of the whole show even more meaningful.

"I learned a really important lesson that I've been telling you from the stage for about 10 years, but I never had to learn it so harshly myself and that lesson has to do with how much you value your reputation. And I think that the lesson is that you shouldn't care so much if you feel misunderstood by a lot of people who don't know you, as long as you feel understood by the people who do know you."

5. She acknowledges Swifties' growth along with her own.

At her Gillette Stadium show on July 27, Swift mentioned that she's been touring since she was 15. Now 28, that means she's had many years to connect with fans -- and grow up with them. "Seeing people grow up in the crowd, or in meet and greets and stuff, looking out and seeing somebody who I met when they were 10 and now they're a full-grown adult -- that is wild," she says. "Or somebody coming up to me and saying, 'I've been listening to your music since I was 12,' and, you know, now they're a grown up. It's just never ever going to feel like, 'Oh yeah, that seems normal to me.' It's always going to seem deeply interesting and wild ... I definitely think that I tried to keep my expectations very realistic when it came to thinking, 'You know, I could be a phase for some people.' I just appreciate every moment, so when somebody comes up to me and says 'I'm still listening to your music,' to me that means that it's lasted through all the other phases in their lives."

6. The old Taylor isn't dead, she's just grown up.

"And in the death of her reputation, she felt truly alive" are the final words fans see upon the show's end. While it provides a perfect close to the story of the show, Swift's performance was physical proof that she means it. As her music has evolved, she has too, but Swift hasn't lost sight of what got her there or the passionate performer she was in the beginning. This is the reputation Taylor Swift -- and her fans -- have been waiting for.

Per Billboard
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby JimJim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:37 am

One week til the Melbourne show!!

Sydney is tomorrow night. I already knew that Melbourne was the live music capital of Australia, but I had a look at what tickets were still available. Unfortunately (for Taylor), there's still plenty of good tickets available in Sydney for tomorrow night. However, Melbourne is still a week away and the only tix left are scrappy side view seats up in the stands.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby SamMC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am

Perth is tomorrow night.

Sydney is Nov 2nd - I don't think you can even view available seats on Ticketek? But it looks like only some side view B reserve are available.
SamMC
Groupie

Postby JimJim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:06 pm

SamMC wrote:Perth is tomorrow night.

Sydney is Nov 2nd - I don't think you can even view available seats on Ticketek? But it looks like only some side view B reserve are available.
I must have clicked on the wrong stadium! Perth is the flop city then
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby solitaire » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:59 am

JimJim wrote:
SamMC wrote:Perth is tomorrow night.

I must have clicked on the wrong stadium! Perth is the flop city then
I wouldn't call it a flop.
But yes, My friend went and sent me vids, it looked emptier than usual.
One life with one dream on repeat
solitaire
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:55 pm

So this is over...when do we get the final numbers $? 8-)
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby luckyONE » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:48 am

It's over now. :o her best tour so far IMO.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby matheusbelmont » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:33 pm

The tour grossed $345,508,462 with 2,882,897 tickets sold in 53 shows.

http://www.bcharts.net/topic/117853-tay ... boxscores/

#1 highest grossing female tour of the decade.
#2 female tour of all time
#1 most attended female tour of the decade
#1 highest average gross of the decade by a female artist
#2 highest average gross of all time by a female artist
#1 highest-grossing female tour of all time in North America
#1 highest average attendance by a female artist of all time
matheusbelmont
Roadie

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:32 pm

So some of y’all hyped the whole idea of getting the highest grossing female tour of all time...a bit too much :roll: :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby spiritboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 pm

If she had more dates in Europe, she would've snatched Madonna's wig
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:31 pm

spiritboy wrote:If she had more dates in Europe, she would've snatched Madonna's wig
Well in the end she didn't 8-)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 am

Erotica wrote:
spiritboy wrote:If she had more dates in Europe, she would've snatched Madonna's wig
Well in the end she didn't 8-)
It will happen soon though 8-)
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:21 am

well that's kinda like saying that if madonna has less, Taylor would've reached the goal easier :lol: :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby spiritboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:42 am

MusicRecords wrote:
well that's kinda like saying that if madonna has less, Taylor would've reached the goal easier :lol: :lol:
It's not the same though :lol:

She had only 6-7 dates in Europe. Had she played 15-20 dates, she would've definitely snatched M's wig.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Netflix Exclusive
New Year’s Eve :P

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby GreekGeek » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:29 pm

^Yaaaay!!! it seems amazing!!!
I'm ready for it!!! :wink: :P
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Guru » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 am

Now I’m waiting for a Beyoncé Netflix exclusive. Because no one will subscribe to that Tidal rubbish.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Return to Pop