Rae Morris - Someone Out There

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

 

Postby heppolo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Carbon wrote:
heppolo wrote:''Do It'' was rightfully chosen as the lead single, it's the catchiest song on the whole album
Wasn’t Reborn (sadly) the lead?

Do It should’ve been.
My bad, Reborn was good but relatively forgettable
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 22719
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby westhammer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:25 pm

The album is pop perfection, others should take note!

Loving Dip My Toe, Rose Garden & Lower the Tone the most
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
User avatar
westhammer
Legend
 
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004

Postby heppolo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Entered the album chart only at #20.
A bit disappointed, because this is really top 5 material.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 22719
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby SeeForever » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 am

heppolo wrote:Entered the album chart only at #20.
A bit disappointed, because this is really top 5 material.
I was hoping it would make the top 10, especially with sales being so bad, she deserves better than this
RIP The Queen Of Disco
User avatar
SeeForever
Legend
 
Posts: 13932
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006
Location: West Midlands, England

Postby SeeForever » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm

SeeForever wrote:
heppolo wrote:Entered the album chart only at #20.
A bit disappointed, because this is really top 5 material.
I was hoping it would make the top 10, especially with sales being so bad, she deserves better than this
Even worse she's not even top 100 in the midweeks
RIP The Queen Of Disco
User avatar
SeeForever
Legend
 
Posts: 13932
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006
Location: West Midlands, England

Postby heppolo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 pm

SeeForever wrote:
SeeForever wrote:
heppolo wrote:Entered the album chart only at #20.
A bit disappointed, because this is really top 5 material.
I was hoping it would make the top 10, especially with sales being so bad, she deserves better than this
Even worse she's not even top 100 in the midweeks
I hope she persists, she needs something to go viral, a weird music video (Kirin J Callinan comes to mind) or something to save her
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 22719
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 pm

This was recommended to me on Spotify and woah this is so good :o one of the most creative and original pop albums in a really long time. Her voice isn’t quite for me but it’s still really good and kinda reminds me of björk, the production is so good as well. On first listen Atletico and Wait For The Rain are standouts :D
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby thankfulforkelly » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Someone Out There and Dancing With Character make me feel really sad :(
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Thriller » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:14 pm



The performance has boosted it to #19 on iTunes!
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 72919
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby heppolo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:40 am

^Great. I hope Rae gets the necessary boost
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 22719
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Thriller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 am

Finally listened to the whole album - it's bloody good!

My favourites are basically all the pre-album tracks... Reborn, Do It, Atletico (The Only One), Push Me To My Limit, Dancing With Character and Someone Out There.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 72919
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Return to Pop