Anitta + Mc Zaac, Maejor & Tropkillaz | Vai Malandra

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Benjamin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:40 pm

^ I can see what you mean. I just hope she stays true to herself.

To me Anitta is the prototype of the 2017 superstar: she seems down to earth, a cool kid. She's sexy and outgoing. Creative and in control of her music and image. She knows how to please her fans. Slaying with every release.

By releasing hit after hit, in Portuguese, Spanish and English, she has so much global appeal. I love the fact that she's from Brazil too. The times that only English music was dominating is over in the age of streaming. She's the perfect example of that.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby nekoocz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 pm

I just realized her black bikini in the video is a duct tape. Must have been painful to take it off :lol:
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby t_dot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 am

nekoocz wrote:I just realized her black bikini in the video is a duct tape. Must have been painful to take it off :lol:
It's a thing in Brazil lol. For the perfect tan line.
http://www.businessinsider.com/masking- ... ?r=UK&IR=T
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:01 am

^ lol! that's crazy :lol:
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby nekoocz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Apparently its a cover

nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby t_dot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:53 pm

^ omggg it defs borrows the melody / beat from that. I don't think the lyrics tho. :lol: I wonder who noticed that??? :lol:

This is a great interview, she is sooo smart.

You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:13 pm

OMG! The song's definitely sampling that Peter Pan song <3 Love it!

I watched a part of that interview, she's really smart and she seems like she knows what she's doing. "Keep my people with me and start to show up in other places". She's referring to staying true to her Brazilian fans, while trying to conquer English and Spanish markets.

I love her.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby locoporti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:00 am

Benjamin wrote:OMG! The song's definitely sampling that Peter Pan song <3 Love it!

I watched a part of that interview, she's really smart and she seems like she knows what she's doing. "Keep my people with me and start to show up in other places". She's referring to staying true to her Brazilian fans, while trying to conquer English and Spanish markets.

I love her.
Yes, and in fact she is her own manager. She even call radio stations if they don't play her songs :lol:
locoporti
Roadie

Postby LonelyDreamer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 am

At this point, I don't think any other song will beat VM as the Brazilian "summer hit" in 2018. She's coming for real and it's already her best debut ever.

Everyone is talking about this here. There've been several analyses of VM, song and music video, since it contains almost every aspect of Rio de Janeiro's favelas (the poor part of the city). It's basicaly about preaching 'forbidden' matters: the funk itself, women's empowering, sexuality, poor people etc.

Another important fact: there's a bill from a conservative Brazilian party which intent is to make funk ("Vai Malandra" music genre) an illegal thing. Yes (!), it's real. :lol:

If you look carefully, you'll notice its artwork contains "ANT 1256". In the other words, ANT(I Bill n.) 1256:

vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:28 am

Hahah she calls radio stations to tell them to play her music? She's fantastic.

I don't know anything about Brazilian funk. Why is it illegal?
I love how Brazilian funk is probably going to be the biggest Brazilian export product since coffee beans haha. This is going global.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:41 am

I don't think this song will be as big as 'Despacito' worldwide (it's not as radio friendly), but I do think 'Vai Malandra' will be as important as 'Despacito' for Brazilian favela funk. It will open doors for the genre, globally.
I'm sure the success will influence DJ's and artists to experiment with this sound and that we all be dancing to favela funk-inspired/influenced songs this Summer.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby locoporti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 am

Benjamin wrote:Hahah she calls radio stations to tell them to play her music? She's fantastic.

I don't know anything about Brazilian funk. Why is it illegal?
I love how Brazilian funk is probably going to be the biggest Brazilian export product since coffee beans haha. This is going global.
Brazilian funk is not illegal , but some very dumb legislator from our upper house is pushing a bill apparently to ban clubs to play it and forbid the genre altogether , since it would be considered a 'crime to Brazilian health system'. :lol:

Yes, there are some Brazilian funk clubs specially in Rio's favelas and other poor communities in Brazil that experienced problems with violence, rapes and sexual abuse of underage girls , but as Anitta say it all of this problems are related more to the failure of our education system than to the Brazilian funk movement, and she is right . Thing is, there is a lot of prejudice with this genre here even tho now is becoming more popular and being enjoyed from people from middle/upper classes.
locoporti
Roadie

Postby locoporti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am

Benjamin wrote:I don't think this song will be as big as 'Despacito' worldwide (it's not as radio friendly), but I do think 'Vai Malandra' will be as important as 'Despacito' for Brazilian favela funk. It will open doors for the genre, globally.
I'm sure the success will influence DJ's and artists to experiment with this sound and that we all be dancing to favela funk-inspired/influenced songs this Summer.
Kevin Federline was ahead of its time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhnB8zZoc8

:lol:
locoporti
Roadie

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 am

^ Hahaha K-Fed! :lol: :lol:

Are you rom Brazil locoporti?
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby locoporti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 am

Benjamin wrote:^ Hahaha K-Fed! :lol: :lol:

Yes , but i was raised in the southernmost area of the country, just north of Uruguay so I was always much more invested in the latin culture as well than the average Brazilian. I love that finally there is interaction between Brazil and other latin countries in music, I believe together we can rule the charts and change the music landscape , is already happening.

Watch 'Bum Bum Tam Tam' , another Brazilian funk by Mc Fioti that just got a remix from J Balvin & Future be a global hit in the upcoming months. :wink:
locoporti
Roadie

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:56 am

Interesting! :) I'd LOVE to visit Rio de Janeiro. It's on top of my list, but it's so far from here and it's way too expensive for me at this point. I will in the future though, hopefully with my future boyfriend haha.

Yeah I can see what you mean. I've always been interested in latin culture and I always thought Brazil was a huge part of it, until I found out that the country has more of it's own culture and isn't necessarily a part of Latin culture. It's so interesting.

I like that MC Fioti song. I'm happy forces are combined now. It's so smart of Brazilian artists to work together with artists that are big in Latin America (J. Balvin, Maluma etc.) and now even with artists that are big in US and Europe too. I believe in the age of streaming, English is no longer the only dominating language in music anymore. I'm happy there's a mix now.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm

This was a huge no-no for me, but kinda digging it atm :lol:
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:37 pm

8-) 8-) get that promo.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby bluecherry » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 pm

This is such a bop. A nasty latin hoe anthem
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

bluecherry
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 am

bluecherry wrote:This is such a bop. A nasty latin hoe anthem
It is! :lol: :lol: 8-)

This should be moved to URBAN though. :oops:
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby spiritboy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:06 am

locoporti wrote:
Benjamin wrote:^ Hahaha K-Fed! :lol: :lol:

Yes , but i was raised in the southernmost area of the country, just north of Uruguay so I was always much more invested in the latin culture as well than the average Brazilian. I love that finally there is interaction between Brazil and other latin countries in music, I believe together we can rule the charts and change the music landscape , is already happening.

Watch 'Bum Bum Tam Tam' , another Brazilian funk by Mc Fioti that just got a remix from J Balvin & Future be a global hit in the upcoming months. :wink:
It's already a hit in Turkey, always in top 20 of Turkey iTunes :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:57 pm

I just saw that this was the last song from Check Mate project ...
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 pm

nekoocz wrote:I just saw that this was the last song from Check Mate project ...
Where did you see that? And what exactly is the 'Check Mate' project, haha. It's very unclear to me. An EP?

Songs from the project are 'Downtown', 'Is That For Me', 'Will See You Again' and 'Vai Malandra' right?
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby LonelyDreamer » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 pm

^ It's true.

Check Mate Project = dropping one brand-new single/music video per month focusing international market. Basically, "Will See You" (september), "Is That for Me" (october), "Downtown" (november) and "Vai Malandra" (december).

For now, she'll take some rest, promote "Vai Malandra" and finish her 1st album in English.
vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Postby LonelyDreamer » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Just realized how busy was her 2017. :o

SINGLES:
1. Loka [january, Simone & Simaria feat. Anitta] *the most viewed music video in Brazil of all time (+500,000,000):

2. Você Partiu Meu Coração [january, Nego do Borel feat. Anitta]
P.S.: just re-released for international market as "Corazón" (Nego do Borel feat. Maluma)

3. Switch [may, Iggy Azalea feat. Anitta]

4. Paradinha [may]

5. Sua Cara [july, Major Lazer feat. Anitta & Pabllo Vittar)

6. Will I See You [september, featuring Poo Bear]

7. Is That for Me [october, featuring Alesso]

8. Downtown [november, featuring J Balvin]

9. Vai Malandra [december, featuring MC Zaac, Maejor, Tropkillaz & DJ Yuri Martins]

PLUS (not properly released as singles): "Perigosa", "Tic Nervoso" (Harmonia do Samba feat. Anitta), "Africanitta" (Carlinhos Brown feat. Anitta) and "Coladinha em Mim" (Gustavo Mioto feat. Anitta).
vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Return to Pop